Don't fire Darrell Bevell.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Bevell is the man. Hope Siouxhawk will drop by for his serving of crow.

red grenadine

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1frsysal said:
He's got it rolling.

Just quit giving him shiny new toys that he feels he has to force the ball to.

Agree. No shiny expensive toys anymore.

Spend the first rounders on OL or Defense

jkitsune

Reaction score
I blame him when the offense doesn't execute and when there is no flow to the offense. I blame him when we throw on 3rd and short and naturally fail. I blame him for empty backfields on 3rd and short.

Gotta give him credit for the opposite of all of those things too. Seems only fair.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jkitsune":1lhh8hwt said:
I blame him when the offense doesn't execute and when there is no flow to the offense. I blame him when we throw on 3rd and short and naturally fail. I blame him for empty backfields on 3rd and short.

Gotta give him credit for the opposite of all of those things too. Seems only fair.

Agreed. We lose games until Carroll re-calibrates him. Doesn't mean he won't screw us out of another championship.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Sorry, a few good weeks don't make up for years of terrible playcalling that RW has improvised and made up for game after game. Secondly, there have been multiple low percentage "typical Bevell" plays the past few weeks that we have simply been lucky enough to have work out for once. He is still an aweful OC and a few games don't change that. Wanted him out since his first year here with TJ, and that will not be changing any time soon.

That said, it was a great game today, Go Hawks!

EDIT: Let's also not forget who lost us the super bowl with one of the worst playcalls in bowl history. He should have been fired before the plane left AZ.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have officially jumped off the Fire Bevell bandwagon - for now.

Credit where credit is due. He's been doing a great job these past few weeks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3o94rjcj said:
He's got it rolling.

Just quit giving him shiny new toys that he feels he has to force the ball to.

You know, I think there may be a lot to this.

Bevell seems to be better when he calls plays based off of his system, when we throw unique personnel into the mix he seems to really struggle adapting that personnel into his offense.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Fire Bevell. Just cause a carton or two of good milk got through doesn't mean the dairy provides good milk on a consistent basis.

-bsd

bandiger

Reaction score
Yep, he called a great game. I agree with the rest focus on Online and defense for named FAs. Keep Baldwin, don't make another mistake in lowballing like Tate.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The offense has been solid the past few weeks. Especially in the red zone. Definite improvement indeed.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this now I don't have to . Bevell and Wilson no each other's strengths and weakness's I see no reason to roll the dice on another coordinator that would have to learn Wilson's game.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
With the exception of the final play of the SB last year, I've had no problem with Bevell. Our offensive issues have had a lot to do with consistency at oline, WR and some growing pains from Russ. Give the man some credit, he's taken a young QB, a bunch of misfit WR's and olineman nobody wanted to the SB twice in a row. Now with 3 of the Hawks best weapons out his offense looks legit again this year.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":2dzmr7hc said:
With the exception of the final play of the SB last year, I've had no problem with Bevell. Our offensive issues have had a lot to do with consistency at oline, WR and some growing pains from Russ. Give the man some credit, he's taken a young QB, a bunch of misfit WR's and olineman nobody wanted to the SB twice in a row. Now with 3 of the Hawks best weapons out his offense looks legit again this year.

This.

mrt144

Reaction score
Better execution at OL and tighter plays using middle of field have been essential. RW shows he can do what he needs to with the calls in the past 2 games. It's great to see some of the laments here addressed.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Last three games have been against the #31, #19, and #13 (without four defensive starters) DVOA pass defenses, so it's not surprising that Bevell's had some breathing room. He's called good games in those circumstances. We've also gotten good traction out of Rawls.

Next big test of Bevell will be against St. Louis and Arizona. #3 and #4 pass defenses, assuming Arizona doesn't rest starters. If Bevell can avoid going back to 3rd down bombs when we need two yards to ice the game under that kind of pressure from the scoreboard, I'll give him serious kudos/