Shead and the LOB

seabowl

Reaction score
He played great today. Looked like the LOB of old. Bye bye Carey Williams. lol

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yeah. He is doing great. He needs a more body of work but IMO he looks like he might be a better football player than Lane and Maxwell.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
He played well today for sure, LOB looked way more like what we're used to seeing.

hawk45

Reaction score
Shead has really looked good "enough", so much so that I am baffled at the huge whiff by Pete and John by not just playing Cary but paying him as well. Last place I expect that big a whiff is in the secondary,

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawk45":b6wbbz9i said:
Shead has really looked good "enough", so much so that I am baffled at the huge whiff by Pete and John by not just playing Cary but paying him as well. Last place I expect that big a whiff is in the secondary,

I think a lot of it was depth. We didn't really have someone to fill in at slot corner as Burley was banged up, Lane was on the PUP list and Tye Smith is still not ready (apparently since I don't think he's been active more than 1-2 games this year)

Once Lane and Burley got healthy it allowed them to make the change.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
With Shead at RCB and Lane at nickel I feel fully confident. All that talk about taking a first round CB is bull. Next to these guys we also have Burley as a functional second nickel and tye smith as a second RCB. We need some fresh DT talent, our secondary is fine.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
If I were Shead, I would start looking for a rental home as close to Sherm's crib as possible this off-season. Immerse himself in all things Sherm.

crosfam

Reaction score
I am starting to worry about somebody signing Shead away from us in the off-season...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":ld8trsws said:
Yeah. He is doing great. He needs a more body of work but IMO he looks like he might be a better football player than Lane and Maxwell.
Lane is pretty good. Shead still has a ways to go to earn my evaluation of better than Lane.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1c8yafws said:
With Shead at RCB and Lane at nickel I feel fully confident. All that talk about taking a first round CB is bull. Next to these guys we also have Burley as a functional second nickel and tye smith as a second RCB. We need some fresh DT talent, our secondary is fine.
We still have to resign Shead and not sure about Lane's status.

peppersjap

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":gcovmni0 said:
crosfam":gcovmni0 said:
I am starting to worry about somebody signing Shead away from us in the off-season...
Is he a restricted FA? If so, we'll keep him.
Unrestricted from what I saw a couple of days a go. I would love to be wrong though.

Davidess

Reaction score
Don't know how much Lane will pull being as he has kind of been an injury risk. almost like a Walter Thurmond. I'd think the hawks would want him back but I think they will have their priorities with Okung, Sweezy, and Irvin.

Shead is a RFA and I think he would do a deal kind of like Baldwins. possibly a short 2 yr deal (possibly one) to get some more starts under his belt before he hits the market again.