Anthony Barr

soje

Reaction score
I confess I don't know much about this guy. However, the announcers would not shut up about how #55 Barr was absent from this game and how much he meant for the Vikings and blah blah blah... Mention it once, twice, that's fine. But throughout the whole game? It gets tiring.

We played without Lynch, Graham, Mebane, so what?

It kinda felt like they were saying we were winning because of that. Very disrespectful.

Veilside

Reaction score
If we had to play without Earl and Bobby I think they would do the same thing and that is about the equivalent missing for the Vikings defense.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Veilside":2brjnoxc said:
If we had to play without Earl and Bobby I think they would do the same thing and that is about the equivalent missing for the Vikings defense.

Daaang!

Is Parr that good or is their defense that bad?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Barr is their defensive playmaker. Joseph their man in the middle. They were missing their best 2-3 players on d today

Now... Offensively...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
And Seattle was missing two of the guys who were going to be counted on heavily on offense entering the season.

Hardly a mention of Lynch and Graham during the broadcast.

Seafan

Reaction score
Cry me a river Vikes, the Hawks played without Lynch, Graham and PRich.

Rob12

Reaction score
soje":e2f5rmqi said:
I confess I don't know much about this guy. However, the announcers would not shut up about how #55 Barr was absent from this game and how much he meant for the Vikings and blah blah blah... Mention it once, twice, that's fine. But throughout the whole game? It gets tiring.

We played without Lynch, Graham, Mebane, so what?

It kinda felt like they were saying we were winning because of that. Very disrespectful.

Good young player.

He's not worth 31 points. Their defense could have been at full strength and we're still torching them.

Rob12

Reaction score
Think about that.

Marshawn Lynch
Jimmy Graham

That's who the Seahawks played without. Two top of the top 30 offensive players in the league. And they still put up 38.

chris98251

Reaction score
Missing 3 offensive guys, missing at least two of our starters on the d line. I think we compensated for equity on this issue.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Remember when Kam was holding out? All the announcers were bringing up was him. Any star player who is out they'll bring it up. Idk what is the big deal? Did u just started watching football or something?

peppersjap

Reaction score
Barr was a huge loss for them but no way he would have ben the difference, might have only put up 31 if he was out there.

BigMeach

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1ps0prx1 said:
Remember when Kam was holding out? All the announcers were bringing up was him. Any star player who is out they'll bring it up. Idk what is the big deal? Did u just started watching football or something?

Do you compare apples to oranges a lot because they are both round?

A player who is widely considered the best at his position in the league is HOLDING OUT versus a player who is injured, of course they talked about Kam. They talked about Kam everywhere, not just during the game.

Believe the point is we had the two biggest stars on our offense out but no excuses were made for them. All the while making every attempt to excuse the Vikings getting dominated because they had a few stars out on defense. No need to be a jerk because the guy was annoyed by the announcers.

davidonmi

Reaction score
our expected #1 pass catcher and #1 rusher are both hurt and we're better.
None of those guys who were out played on offense for minneasota

London12

Reaction score
I'm just watching it on Game pass. I'd have thought they'd mention our two fairly key offense starters missing.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not that sacks are everything, but Anthony Barr has 2.5 for the season.

Everson Griffen played yesterday and he has 7.5 sacks this season.

Am I missing something here? Is Barr really their defensive MVP?? Or is he just a big name because he got drafted early?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ul3xp2w said:
Not that sacks are everything, but Anthony Barr has 2.5 for the season.

Everson Griffen played yesterday and he has 7.5 sacks this season.

Am I missing something here? Is Barr really their defensive MVP?? Or is he just a big name because he got drafted early?

He really is their MVP, atleast according to the talking heads here in MPLS.... They use him in blitzes and can drop into coverage. he covers a ton of ground and even though he doesn't get the sacks, he's involved in alot of their bigger plays

Not suggesting that Anthony Barr coming off early was the reason we won. The NFL is about depth as much as anything. But he's quite a player

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Vikings lack depth, and losing Barr, Joseph, and Harrison was a huge deal for them. Hell, they had a CB playing safety.

We went through a stretch last year with no bobby and bane, and it was rough.

Would we have won anyway? Yeah, I am pretty certain. Their one and only chance yesterday was a game so close that they could feed AP late in the game, and seeing as their offense scored zippity, that was not going to happen.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Didn't we play without Bane vs Minnesota too?

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
dopeboy206":25wzdret said:

You mention a few times, that's your duty as commentators. You mention it every 2-3 minutes, which was what happened in the first quarter, that's annoying. Maybe I'm being a little bit of a homer, but the impression I got is that they were making excuses for an eventual (and later on, real) Vikings' loss.

I really don't like when people make excuses about injuries. This is the NFL and players get hurt all the time. That's part of the game. Graham is out for the season? That's part of the game. Lynch is out for a while? That's part of the game. Anthony Barr is out for the game? That's part of it too. Don't bring the guy's name up every few minutes.

I don't know how it went during the rest of the broadcast since I had a prior commitment, did they keep bringing the Vikings' absences a lot?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It was a pretty big story to start the game.. Barr and Smith both sitting on the sidelines within a handful of plays of the game starting.

If Kam and Sherman were sitting after 1 drive it would garner the same attention.