screwed again by the nfl

zhawk

Reaction score
so. I have put out the exorbitant fees required by direct ticket to see my beloved hawks claw their way back up the ladder on their hopeful trek to a 3rd straight superbowl. it turns out to be the national game in my area (dallas-fort worth). no problem, blacked out on direct ticket, but on the local channel. until some pinhead decides that the beating provided by the hawks is no longer good viewing for the nation and decides to change to the 49er bears game. and direct ticket still has the game blacked out. i'm thinking this might be my last year as a nfl ticket customer. they don't care about fans, only the cash.. screw you nfl!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
So you missed Tarvaris Jackson throw his one ugly pass per year. I think you'll survive.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I live in the Houston area.
It was on Sunday ticket ch 711 immediately following the switch for us.
Not sure what may have happened in your area. But I wouldn't blame the NFL, seems like a Dtv issue to me. I hate them and only tolerate them for the Sunday Ticket.
Sorry dude, that sux.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
that's beside the point. ive suffered thru the first half of the season, now I want to see the good stuff.

Seafan

Reaction score
You should have switched to 711. It was blacked out until they switched. I would have been screwed if I had been recording it but they do this a couple times a year. DTV bailed out the fans when the locals decided to switch games.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine it sucked to have that game switch -- but you did get to see the best parts.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1mmzjl1y said:
I live in the Houston area.
It was on Sunday ticket ch 711 immediately following the switch for us.
Not sure what may have happened in your area. But I wouldn't blame the NFL, seems like a Dtv issue to me. I hate them and only tolerate them for the Sunday Ticket.
Sorry dude, that sux.

same for me. I actually work for a cable company. I only have dtv active for 6 months of the year.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":118wxoo7 said:
You should have switched to 711. It was blacked out until they switched. I would have been screwed if I had been recording it but they do this a couple times a year. DTV bailed out the fans when the locals decided to switch games.

unfortunately I took my wife out to lunch and to do wife things, and had no idea or opportunity to make a change. I was recording.

Seafan

Reaction score
zhawk":mk3tpjwq said:
Seafan":mk3tpjwq said:

unfortunately I took my wife out to lunch and to do wife things, and had no idea or opportunity to make a change. I was recording.

I've learned to record it on 2 channels when they show it locally.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
zhawk":nhozjskz said:
Seafan":nhozjskz said:

When I heard on the chat that you all lost that game to the SF Chi game, I was kinda nervous too. I record the games too and am at home watching sometimes when they play. I did not lose it and have a copy of it on dvd. Usually not a great picture but read able and I can tell what is going on.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
oh well, such is life, but i'm sick of the overall heavy-handedness. but I probably will survive.