Jeremy Lane, hallelujah!

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
No more Cary Williams and no more of DeShawn Shead's hopeless performance against Ben Roethlisberger.

The Seahawk defense has phenomenal talent, but it has been wasted with the huge hole at right corner. Jeremy Lane closed that hole today in a big way.

This is the most significant thing to happen to the Seahawks this season, more important than even the incredible play of Russell Wilson the last couple of games.

Jeremy Lane is back and Jeremy Lane can cover on the outside.

With Lane, the Seahawk defense is back. With the experienced talent they have, they could be the best they have ever been.

OP
OP
Bob_the_Destroyer

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
Throwdown":12qgpq1c said:
You know Shead did start today right?

Yes, but look who was had the great coverage and who was making the plays, and look at who will start next week.

jkitsune

Reaction score
What an unusual takeaway from this game. Shead had a great game, and while Lane is a boon to have back, I'd hardly consider him more important than Russell Wilson being the best QB in the league over the last 3 weeks.

But hey, maybe you're just a huge Jeremy Lane fan, and I can respect that. Good onya.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Yeah Shead isn't going anywhere. Lane has proven best working the inside and that is where he will stay.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Confusing post. Lane's skill set is best suited to the slot and in the slot he will remain. Shead is the RCB and has done well enough I doubt anyone will wrest that job from him before OTAs.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Not hating on Lane, think he is great and a boost to the secondary we needed, but what plays did he make today exactly?

907Hawk

Reaction score
Yes definitely hallelujah for Lane coming back, fortunately football is played by 11 men which means there is room for both on the field at the same time, on passing downs. There is no doubt Shead and Lane make the defense better.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bob_the_Destroyer":x7kaodl3 said:
No more Cary Williams and no more of DeShawn Shead's hopeless performance against Ben Roethlisberger.

The Seahawk defense has phenomenal talent, but it has been wasted with the huge hole at right corner. Jeremy Lane closed that hole today in a big way.

This is the most significant thing to happen to the Seahawks this season, more important than even the incredible play of Russell Wilson the last couple of games.

With Lane, the Seahawk defense is back. With the experienced talent they have, they could be the best they have ever been.

Maxresdefault

Shead is the starter, and thats not changing any time soon.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1lesdlqx said:
Bob_the_Destroyer":1lesdlqx said:

Maxresdefault

Shead is the starter, and thats not changing any time soon.

Priceless!!!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, bad post on the OP.

1. While Cary Williams did leave a lot to be desired, the RCB hasn't been the only gaping hole. Everyone in that back 7 has been off in Coverage for most of the season, one time or another. We are talking about Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Wagner, Wright, Irvin... guys who have been here for much of the last 3 to 5 years.

2. Shead did not put up a hopeless performance against Rothlisberger. If anything it was hopeful... not amazing... perhaps not good but very solid and encouraging to see the length, physicality, quick recovery return to that right side. Shead has been and will be a catalyst for creating turnovers.

3. You're right on Lane, though. He brings a lot of experience and also has the length, quickness, physicality plus deep speed that makes him very valuable on the D/ST.

Shead is going to get better. Lane is going to get better. And the 2ndary should be better and more consistent with building up that chemistry and familiarity.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I barely remember the Vikings offense being on the field today, let alone anything spectacular Lane did.

And if you're going to call out Shead for the Pittsburg game are you also hoping we bench earl Thomas and start somebody else there because he didn't have a good game against the steelers? Probably worse than Sheads. . .

I guess I'm not sure how you could evaluate our secondary at all today when the Vikings hardly made it past the d line and linebackers.

(For the record I've been a Jeremy lane fan since he got here but still not sure what you're saying)

peppersjap

Reaction score
What a bizarre post! I thought Shead had a fantastic game today. I love Lane being back but really didn't even hear his name mentioned except when he got a penalty. I'm just disappointed that Shead is a free agent after the season, hopefully they can use that Williams money to get him signed. Did the poster watch the same game as we did?

We can agree on one thing, we are way better with Cary Williams not playing. he had the TD on the forced fumble vs the Rams, since then it has all been down hill.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
You do realize it was Lane getting straight torched by Wheaton last week right?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Shead is doing an admirable job in CW's place, that is for damn sure.

Davidess

Reaction score
Shead had a great game. his biggest play was the stop on that end around that netted Negative yardage. Shead plays outside with Lane in the slot. Shead is the new Maxie I guess you could say.
Shead is a RFA I believe and I don't think he will demand much as his play hasn't been overwhelming but who knows.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I think there was a deep ball thrown on the outside where Lane was in coverage and defended well. This might have led to the belief that he was the #2. Either way Shead is improving and makes us better at the 2CB and Lane makes us better at the #3.

Also looks like ET and Kam are starting to feel it too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3q3j790b said:
You do realize it was Lane getting straight torched by Wheaton last week right?
First game back ,no? Wheaton is no scrub either, with Fat Ben tossing the rock. Just seems your trying to imply he sucks .