Hey - this Russell Wilson kid is pretty good...

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Nice to see him get it together this year, great player, although I hear a bunch of Seahawks fans on this board regret overpaying him earlier this season. :)

ringless

Reaction score
He's too short and can't pass from the pocket. He will never amount to anything, or accomplish anything in his career. :p

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
He's an overpaid game manager!

(said a whole lot of Seahawks fans a couple of months ago)

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dx3wrf6 said:
b8rtm8nn":1dx3wrf6 said:
He's an overpaid game manager!

(said a whole lot of Seahawks fans a couple of months ago)

Not by me.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=119140 (Shack thread)

Great thread. Nice to see you have fans that double as haters, some of our fans are still in the phase of overcoming past trauma by preparing for our 'inevitable' playoff loss.

Donk70

Reaction score
I was on him earlier because he wasn't playing to the level of his contract. You can't argue that.

Now he is, and you can't argue that either. He's put the team on his shoulders. You can now classify him as elite.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Donk70":lta65o0x said:
I was on him earlier because he wasn't playing to the level of his contract. You can't argue that.

Now he is, and you can't argue that either. He's put the team on his shoulders. You can now classify him as elite.

Exactly.

The Russ we are seeing now is not the Russ that was playing early in the year.

The criticism he received early in the year was deserved.

The praise he gets now is equally deserved.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkpower":173kq5r5 said:
Donk70":173kq5r5 said:

Exactly.

Wasnt he not really making all that much this year anyway..or at least against the CAP? I thought i was next year when it kicks in

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I knew Russ was special in his rookie year. This amazing streak he is in does not surprise me at all. I still remember the games in 2012 that foreshadowed this. Russ is MAANN!!!
I have not forgot the TD to Rice when we beat NE.
The game at Soldier Field vs Chicago.
The incredible game vs Atlanta in the play-offs.
Heck, even the loss at Detroit that year was because of the D and Russ played a great game(I was there in Ford Field).
Then there was 2013. We all know how that went. Russ got somewhat ignored because of the D and Lynch.
For the most part last season was the same.
This season has been a roller coaster ride but I have to admit I am thoroughly enjoying the show.
Russ can carry this team and we are in for some great years. :thirishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I said it 50 times I will say it 12,000 more times...

NOTHING has changed my perception of Russell Wilson since day one. He's only shown Hall of Fame characteristics since day one. Sure he's had his drop offs and poor performances but what HOF QB hasn't? Seriously?

All this kid has done is shown the world that he is special and most importantly a WINNER.

Marker my words...This kid will have a bronze bust displayed in Canton, Ohio years from now.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Honest question :
We all know how everyone was tired of the contract negotiations between Russell and the Hawks last offseason. A lot of people argued that Russell shouldn't be the highest paid QB in the league ... because Aaron Rogers ... blah blah blah ...

With our backs against the wall, Pete has given Russell the keys to the house. His best players have all gone down to injury (ML, Jimmy). Defense has been so so ... and what has Russell done?
He has been by far the best QB in the NFL. And it is not even close. I mean ... Aaron who?

Yes, this is a small sample. But players are usually paid by potential, not actual achievements. Although Russell's actual achievements are really up there.

Given what you have seen the last 4-5 weeks, would you make Russell the highest paid QB in the NFL?

I would. Given his age, what he has demonstrated so far and his potential going forward, I would not hesitate to make Russell the highest paid player in the NFL. And I wouldn't trade Russell for anyone in the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
joeseahawks":2q1qfnfv said:
Given his age, what he has demonstrated so far and his potential going forward, I would not hesitate to make Russell the highest paid player in the NFL. And I wouldn't trade Russell for anyone in the NFL.

BAM!

love1u0

Reaction score
Hawkpower":12vq7ijd said:
Donk70":12vq7ijd said:

Exactly.

Not exactly.

The O line was like swiss cheese.

Now the O line is playing 1000x better, now Wilson is :229031_banghead:

Donk70

Reaction score
love1u0":3b4a1rw9 said:
Hawkpower":3b4a1rw9 said:
Donk70":3b4a1rw9 said:

Exactly.

Not exactly.

The O line was like swiss cheese.

Now the O line is playing 1000x better, now Wilson is :229031_banghead:
You can't put it all on the O line. Russ was holding on to the ball too long also.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":13geyvma said:
I knew Russ was special in his rookie year. This amazing streak he is in does not surprise me at all. I still remember the games in 2012 that foreshadowed this. Russ is MAANN!!!
I have not forgot the TD to Rice when we beat NE.
The game at Soldier Field vs Chicago.
The incredible game vs Atlanta in the play-offs.
Heck, even the loss at Detroit that year was because of the D and Russ played a great game(I was there in Ford Field).
Then there was 2013. We all know how that went. Russ got somewhat ignored because of the D and Lynch.
For the most part last season was the same.
This season has been a roller coaster ride but I have to admit I am thoroughly enjoying the show.
Russ can carry this team and we are in for some great years. :thirishdrinkers:
This for me too especially the game at Soldier Field. I just knew at that point.

Aros":13geyvma said:
I said it 50 times I will say it 12,000 more times...

NOTHING has changed my perception of Russell Wilson since day one. He's only shown Hall of Fame characteristics since day one. Sure he's had his drop offs and poor performances but what HOF QB hasn't? Seriously?

All this kid has done is shown the world that he is special and most importantly a WINNER.

Marker my words...This kid will have a bronze bust displayed in Canton, Ohio years from now.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You and Seahwkgal summed it all up perfectly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2iuo2ux2 said:
Donk70":2iuo2ux2 said:

Exactly.

Nope!, even some of the Cardinal fans 'Get It', where some of the Seahawks fans here at .NET are still in the dark.
THE O-LINE SUCKED, we had NO RUN GAME push by the O-LINE = 1 dimensional OFFENSE, add to that, NO PROTECTION FOR THE QUARTERBACK.
It wasn't like Russell Wilson opened up a 50 Gallon Drum of Magic 4 games back...It was a TEAM that failed.
Russell Wilson wasn't getting the protection, there wasn't any kind of Run Game to help him through all the rough times .......Until....Rawls came in and forced the other attacking Defenses to rethink their single minded Blitzing.
And NOW?, the O-Line has been playing as a COHESIVE UNIT, so even when Rawls went out, Wilson has the PROTECTION that was NONEXISTENT early on, and the Seahawks are FINISHING games.