He won't win MVP, but nobody is outplaying Russell Wilson

Ruminator

Reaction score
Makes me wish Seahawks were scheduled to play Panthers in the final leg of the season rather than Week 6. Oh well, it's still one game at a time come playoffs.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ruminator":39sikw1o said:
Makes me wish Seahawks were scheduled to play Panthers in the final leg of the season rather than Week 6. Oh well, it's still one game at a time come playoffs.

And they still were so close to beating the Panthers in Week 6 too. I hope they get a 2nd chance in the Playoffs.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Why do you want to play them with nothing on the line?
We are on collision course with them, if we take care of our business. No need to be anxious about it.

Ruminator":ymq2iuki said:

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think Russ would have to play like this through week 17 to be truly considered. He and the offense dug a pretty big hole in the first half of the season.

Hawks46

Reaction score
12thbrah":1j3je94i said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14363989/russell-wilson-playing-best-qb-second-half-ot-season-nfl

Do you know how many quarterbacks have thrown 100 or more attempts over a four-game stretch and posted a better passer rating over that span than Wilson? Zero. It has never happened before

No running game no problem with the best QB in the NFL right now.

Not to be nitpicky, but we did have a run game going.

Box score indicates we had 123 yards rushing. Now Rawls accounted for 44 of that, but Wilson only accounted for 6. While not spectacular, it got done.

If the OL keeps playing like this, someone else can run efficiently enough for us to keep our offensive balance and gain 1st downs on the ground.

Have to agree though, that if Wilson keeps playing like this, and the OL keeps giving him a consistent pocket, he can carry us until Lynch comes back.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
4 games does not make an MVP.

Cam Newton & Tom Brady are obviously ahead of Wilson for MVP (as they should). Cam Newton is leading the #1 offense in the NFL at the moment with Ted Ginn and Jericho Cotchery as his WRs.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I wish we REALLY knew the reason or reasons for what we are seeing.

Something is either making things better, or something was making it bad before.
We all can speculate but I wish we could know definitively.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
This is a great read, just came across it on ESPN and was going to make a thread if one wasn't already up.

zhawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2dczxiy7 said:
Why do you want to play them with nothing on the line?
We are on collision course with them, if we take care of our business. No need to be anxious about it.

Ruminator":2dczxiy7 said:

this^^^^

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
fridayfrenzy":2yk0q04x said:

Cam Newton & Tom Brady are obviously ahead of Wilson for MVP (as they should). Cam Newton is leading the #1 offense in the NFL at the moment with Ted Ginn and Jericho Cotchery as his WRs.

As they should? Even in spite of a slow start, Wilson is better than Cam Newton this year almost across the board in every category, and in some stats, by a whole lot. He's also better than Brady, or within very small percentage points in half the stats. So there's that. Overall, their teams are better, but of course, we have been told many times that good defenses, or good running backs or receivers can't carry a quarterback and make him look better than he is. Or was that the other way around?

Smellyman

Reaction score
So sick of the Cam is MVP talk. He isn't even a top 5 qb this year.

themunn

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":387f2owv said:

By what metric?
We're ahead in passing yards per game, passing yards per attempts, rushing yards per game, rushing yards per attempt, 3rd down conversions.
The only metric they are top in is points per game - and a large part in that is due to their 33 takeaways (compared to our 18!). The Cardinals have the best offense in the league, no doubt about it. I'd put us above the Panthers too.

seabowl

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":okswq135 said:

Although I don't agree entirely with Russ only doing great the last 4 games I do agree that Cam is the #1 MVP choice. He's put that team on his back this year and taken them this far. If the roles were reversed this board would be screaming to bloody hell that Russ was absolutely the MVP with leading the Panthers O.

ctrcat

Reaction score
themunn":qkeqgcdo said:
fridayfrenzy":qkeqgcdo said:

By what metric?
We're ahead in passing yards per game, passing yards per attempts, rushing yards per game, rushing yards per attempt, 3rd down conversions.
The only metric they are top in is points per game - and a large part in that is due to their 33 takeaways (compared to our 18!). The Cardinals have the best offense in the league, no doubt about it. I'd put us above the Panthers too.

Funny how turnovers are used here on a Seahawks site when two turnovers and a flea flicker were used to score 23 points on the Panthers without their starting DE's, while Cam had 4 80 yard TD drives (albeit without Wagner).

How many people watched the Panthers/Jaguars game this year in which Cam had less total yards and less first downs than Bortles and a season low 20 points? I did, in it's entirety, and Cam had a great football game and did what an MVP should do-overcoming a ridiculous offensive PI on Olsen that took points off the board, an injury to Kuechly, and, of course, a dropped Ginn TD, Cam played brilliant situational football, kept his D off the field, and converted numerous 3rd downs with his legs and rocket arm to literally wear down and sap any and all chance Jacksonville had-the key stat to winning THAT game was TOP, in which he had the ball nearly 10 more minutes than Jax, 8 on one backbreaking 4th quarter drive where they were more than content to settle for a FG which put the game out of reach. What "metric" is that? Yet I literally heard Skip Bayless this week rattling off the Jax game as a stinker Cam game-joke.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't figure out why people have Cam as the runaway MVP. like Sailor said Wilson is ahead in almost every single statistical category and it's not even close in a few of the major ones. Seahawks have played a much tougher schedule and Wilson has had to overcome major injuries and played most of the year behind a line that was terrible. I would have Cam 4th behind Wilson, Palmer and Brady.

Espn is driving the Cam bus some reason.

Ozzy

Reaction score
seabowl":3jfncg0s said:
fridayfrenzy":3jfncg0s said:

Although I don't agree entirely with Russ only doing great the last 4 games I do agree that Cam is the #1 MVP choice. He's put that team on his back this year and taken them this far. If the roles were reversed this board would be screaming to bloody hell that Russ was absolutely the MVP with leading the Panthers O.
I don't think the board would. They aren't now and they should be complaining. Comparing stats Wilson has a very strong case.