Will marshawn be back for the Cards or Rams?

RussB

Reaction score
Hes been out for a about a month, some posters said he was back in practice last week. How long do these sports hernias take to heal and should he be back by week 15 or 16?.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know if it was ever verified that it was a true sports hernia. I thought that it was described more as an abdominal problem and that the repair involved stapling something to a pelvic bone.

That being said, while I don't think this is necessarily a good comparison, I had umbilical hernia surgery 6 weeks ago. I was told not to lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. This is because they said it would take that long for the internal scar tissue to grow/strengthen around the mesh that was inserted in my abdomen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one knows.

If I'm Pete, I roll the dice with the current crop of RB's and do whatever it takes to get Marshawn as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

Not ideal obviously, but we should be fine until the playoffs going RB by committee, especially if Arizona's already got the #2 seed locked up and rests their starters, which they should being two full games up on the Packers with three to go.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Lynch's return will be played by ear based on the playoff picture more than anything and dont think we see him until Arizona (if needed)

1) Will the game in Arizona matter for the NFL West title. If not, then no Lynch.
2) The #5 spot is much sweeter than the #6 spot and I think that will play into it. If the #5 spot is locked up heading into Arizona, then no Lynch.

StoneCold

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1qj6qpwl said:
Lynch's return will be played by ear based on the playoff picture more than anything and dont think we see him until Arizona (if needed)

1) Will the game in Arizona matter for the NFL West title. If not, then no Lynch.
2) The #5 spot is much sweeter than the #6 spot and I think that will play into it. If the #5 spot is locked up heading into Arizona, then no Lynch.

If it's a meaningless game I could see them giving him a few reps alla pre-season games.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3cdy79pw said:
I spoke with shawn yesterday and he said the Cards.

Strange...when I asked him he said "glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug, glug".

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
This doesn't sound good. :?

The team also hopes that Lynch can recover from abdominal surgery three weeks ago for the playoffs, if not sooner.

Coach Pete Carroll, though, offered no specific timeline on a return for Lynch on Monday, noting that Lynch has again left Seattle to continue his recovery.

Lynch was back in town last week, and Carroll referred to Lynch being back with the team following Sunday’s game.

Carroll would not say where Lynch is but said that “just think it’s best for him’’ for Lynch to rehab out of town.

Carroll said “I don’t know’’ when asked if Lynch could make it back for the regular season — Seattle’s final game is Jan. 3 at Arizona.

“He went through a big surgery,’’ Carroll said. “He’s got a lot to get through and he’s got to get past that, whatever impact that’s had, and he’s got to get back in shape and get going because it will have been three weeks (since the surgery).

“He hasn’t been able to go yet very hard so he’s going to have to work through that and get going again and then come back and show that he’s back and ready to go.’’

So for now, the Seahawks will go with a combination of Harris, Jackson and Brown, with Carroll also saying that fullback Derrick Coleman — who played tailback at UCLA — could also get in the mix.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... rawls-out/

mikeak

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":a8st5wwp said:
I don't know if it was ever verified that it was a true sports hernia. I thought that it was described more as an abdominal problem and that the repair involved stapling something to a pelvic bone.

That being said, while I don't think this is necessarily a good comparison, I had umbilical hernia surgery 6 weeks ago. I was told not to lift anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. This is because they said it would take that long for the internal scar tissue to grow/strengthen around the mesh that was inserted in my abdomen.

Good thing he doesn't do any lifting on the field :D

Barakas

Reaction score
Pete was just asked if Marshawn would be returning soon in his press conference and he did not sound too optimistic. He said the more games they play the better of a chance Marshawn has in returning.

So, Week 17 does not sound too likely at this point but then again we are talking about Beastmode here so he may be back a practice tomorrow...

Polaris

Reaction score
My theory is that Pete knows almost exactly when Lynch is coming back and doesn't want to tell us (or the rest of the NFL). Pete may have a better tailor and hairstyle, but he can be downright Belichikien in his own genial way. If Lynch were as far away as some of you fear, he would have been IRed.

I strongly feel and suspect that Lynch will be back in time for the playoffs and that is the time-line the 'hawks are looking at. If so, I expect him for limited (rust blowing) duty on week 17 but no sooner, but he doesn't want to give the rest of the league any idea of what to expect until league rules absolutely force him to.....that and Pete has historically been very careful with bringing players back from injury, esp older ones.

chet380

Reaction score
With CM being signed, it looks like they've given up on Marshawn for the rest of the regular season.

Polaris

Reaction score
chet380":2015gb06 said:
With CM being signed, it looks like they've given up on Marshawn for the rest of the regular season.

Well wouldn't you? Lynch is an older back coming back from a serious injury and right now Seattle is benefiting from facing the dregs of the NFL and Wilson is playing at a super-elite level. As long as you have SOME running game, that should be good enough for the rest of the season. The only serious opponent left is Arizona that game looks to be meaningless (99%+ chance it's utterly meaningless). Why bring him back before you have to?

I do think that Lynch may suit up and take a few carries in week 17 but only to blow off the rust.

Cartire

Reaction score
We can potentially lock up a playoff spot this week. The scenarios arent that implausible. If we do that, I say we dont play Lynch until the playoffs no matter what. And if we dont lock it up this week, we have an EVEN GREATER chance to lock it up next week. If were in the dance, keep Lynch fresh.

An NFCE matchup in the playoffs is a good warmup game for Lynch.

Polaris

Reaction score
Cartire":1nyohec4 said:
We can potentially lock up a playoff spot this week. The scenarios arent that implausible. If we do that, I say we dont play Lynch until the playoffs no matter what. And if we dont lock it up this week, we have an EVEN GREATER chance to lock it up next week. If were in the dance, keep Lynch fresh.

An NFCE matchup in the playoffs is a good warmup game for Lynch.

Not only can Seattle clinch a playoff spot this week, I'd go so far as to say it's likely. Even if Seattle doesn't this week, they certainly will next week. If Seattle wins any two of it's remaining games, they're in no matter what anyone else does.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
chet380":3snppsff said:

Why would that be? I fully expected them to sign another guy. Can't have Sweezy running the ball if Brown goes down. Need competition for them both too. That being said, as soon as Beast is back, one of them (the competition loser) will be on the waiver wire again.

chet380

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":1aqltc9m said:
chet380":1aqltc9m said:

Why would that be? I fully expected them to sign another guy. Can't have Sweezy running the ball if Brown goes down. Need competition for them both too. That being said, as soon as Beast is back, one of them (the competition loser) will be on the waiver wire again.
If Marshawn's return was imminent, they would have stuck with what they had and not re-signed CM.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
chet380":2hvfotnz said:
Silver Hawk":2hvfotnz said:
chet380":2hvfotnz said:

If Marshawn's return was imminent, they would have stuck with what they had and not re-signed CM.

Yes, if "imminent" was this week. I really can't imagine that they would not have signed an extra back for this week. CM and BB are basically on week to week contracts. Beast could be coming back in time for the Rams game and it still makes sense for the Seahawks to have signed both of these guys.

chet380

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":3cogzsxf said:
chet380":3cogzsxf said:
Silver Hawk":3cogzsxf said:
chet380":3cogzsxf said:

Yes, if "imminent" was this week. I really can't imagine that they would not have signed an extra back for this week. CM and BB are basically on week to week contracts. Beast could be coming back in time for the Rams game and it still makes sense for the Seahawks to have signed both of these guys.
Well, we're both on the record -- let's see what happens.