Am I the only one that fears the NFC East champ?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
No really... I am thinking of playoff matchups and its not Carolina that scares me. Its not Arizona. Its not even Green Bay.

All would be logical, because each of those teams playing at their peak are capable of winning the Super Bowl.

But the team that quietly scares the bejesus out of me, is whoever comes out of the pile of dung that is the NFC East. Maybe it's because once upon a time, before the insurgence of new Seahawk fans ( :lol: ) .. we were once in the worst division in football and an afterthought in the tournament.. and what do you know, we beat the defending NFC Champs with a losing record.

I know on paper we should beat the Redskins, Giants or Eagles going away.. but there is just a little bit of trepidation involved with facing a probable 7-9/8-8 division champ with a nothing to lose attitude.

Am I alone here?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
It's football, and it's the NFL anything can happen. But this team in particular usually doesn't play down to teams in the big moment. If this was a Sunday in early October,,, maybe, but not in the bright lights of the playoffs.

The thing that scares me the most, is in this order:
1-The Redskins god awful turf
2- Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin (sp)
3- Philly having a lucky game like they did vs NE, with 2 sp tds and a pick 6.

sutz

Reaction score
hmmm, you very well may be. IIRC we have owned the NFCEast for several years. Ask Redskins fans what they think of facing us in the playoffs. Or ask Dallas fans if they feel good about a game going down to a chip shot FG against us.

Not sure about Giants/Philly, but IMHO an NFCE team with a losing record doesn't equate to when we made the playoffs at 7-9. Not the same thing at all.

Respect all, fear none.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gowazzu02":314nco9u said:
It's football, and it's the NFL anything can happen. But this team in particular usually doesn't play down to teams in the big moment. If this was a Sunday in early October,,, maybe, but not in the bright lights of the playoffs.

The thing that scares me the most, is in this order:
1-The Redskins god awful turf
2- Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin (sp)
3- Philly having a lucky game like they did vs NE, with 2 sp tds and a pick 6.

I think #2 scares me more than any scenario.

Eli sure looked good last night and ODB is frightening.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Any given Sunday...except when the NFC Least plays the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":17hura8w said:
Am I alone here?

Umm yeah, you lost me at "none of the actual good teams scare me, just these mediocre ones in the NFC East."

Obviously it's the playoffs and as we saw here anything can happen, but to say you're MORE afraid of the NFC East over good teams like Carolina and Green Bay? That my friend is a head scratcher.

Rat

Reaction score
That team will be at home, and possibly on a hot streak since whoever comes out of it likely will have to be.

I wouldn't go as far as saying worried though. It's the playoffs, it's difficult to overlook anyone.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I mean, I remember when a 7-9 team knocked off the defending champions after no one game them a chance, so, sure, any given Sunday. But worried? No, I'm not worried. The only team that can beat Seattle right now is Seattle. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past them.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Scared? No. But I certainly won't believe we will get a free pass. We should respect every opponent but fear none.

JonRud

Reaction score
For me every NFL playoff game is scary because of the finality if you lose. That being said it would be silly to fear the winner of the NFC East when those teams are all bad. if the Hawks can't beat those teams they don't deserve anything this year anyway.

Round 2 at Carolina or Arizona will be much more nerve-wracking leading up to the game.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Sub .500 division winners are 2-0 in home playoff games.

If you think any road playoff game will be easy you aren't paying attention to the NFL. Seahawks will be favored and should win, but should gets you nothing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Any team in the NFL is dangerous.

But what are the alternatives? You'd rather play Green Bay at Lambeau or Carolina/Arizona?

Nothing is easy in the playoffs, but in terms of a Round 1 Road Game, this is as favorable as it gets. I see no reason to get worked up over it beyond normal playoff anxiety.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2z28r3ed said:

But what are the alternatives? You'd rather play Green Bay at Lambeau or Carolina/Arizona?

Nothing is easy in the playoffs, but in terms of a Round 1 Road Game, this is as favorable as it gets. I see no reason to get worked up over it beyond normal playoff anxiety.

Exactly.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":8mqrvg2w said:

Honestly - yeah I would rather play a Carolina or Arizona in Round 1 than a team that while obviously flawed, will have that carefree nothing to lose attitude. I can see a Panthers team that's 16-0 or 15-1 playing extremely tight.. and I think since the Cardinals are a division foe there is bigger level of comfort there.

I really think the toughest hurdle to returning to the Super Bowl will be a sub .500 division champ.

But that could just be my own quirky logic here.

Largent80

Reaction score
With the way we are playing at home and on the road and with our playoff experience I'm not fearing any team.

Optimus25

Reaction score
The only way we lose the wild card round is if we turn the ball over OR tackle extremely poorly.

Ball security will be stressed.
The defense will ravage and plunder.

Win by 12.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
It's probably because losing to any of those turds would be a worst case scenario to end the season.

Rob12

Reaction score
The Giants with playoff Eli and ODB are a bit worrisome. But I still think if that's the match up, the Seahawks would win by 10+.