That was a touchdown

The Outfield

Reaction score
Didn't matter in terms of the W but that miraculous play deserves some recognition.

EnviousEsteemedGreatwhiteshark

Edit: from Cartire below.

BouncyYoungBeauceron.gif

Cartire

Reaction score
Beat out O'dells TD last night, that ESPN will not shut up about.

BUT, with that being said, every highlight of the Seahawks I have seen on ESPN, INCLUDES this catch even though it was ruled incomplete. They dont mention it at all being incomplete or a TD, but the fact that they continue to show it, makes me thing they realize just how great is was.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I was yelling at the TV for Pete to challenge but he didn't. Did we at least score on that drive?

Crizilla

Reaction score
i cannot believe beckams catch is getting so much attention. It wasnt even close to being like his one handed catch at all.

Cartire

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":35kpg03d said:
Seems like from the other angle, his toe is actually our of bounds when his right foot comes down there. also, i think his knee might have been down before the left toe taps. Still, the effort was there from both Doug AND Russ, and it was so close to being one of the most spectacular plays I've ever seen.

From another thread, you can see the rubber bounce.

BouncyYoungBeauceron.gif

jkitsune

Reaction score
Oh, wow. I was really upset that they didn't show a replay, and I thought at first blush it might have been a TD, but I assumed since it wasn't challenged that they must have a replay that showed it clearly was not.

I forget how that drive ended. Did we end up scoring?

Cartire

Reaction score
Crizilla":2ubowvwb said:
i cannot believe beckams catch is getting so much attention. It wasnt even close to being like his one handed catch at all.

To be fair though, It was a primetime game AND they challenged and won. This wasnt challenged and went on as incomplete. Hard to give it to much media attention with those factors. Really wish PC would have challenged it. Was so mad that the broadcast didnt show any slow-motion of the feet.

Cartire

Reaction score
jkitsune":1k9vy6u4 said:
Oh, wow. I was really upset that they didn't show a replay, and I thought at first blush it might have been a TD, but I assumed since it wasn't challenged that they must have a replay that showed it clearly was not.

Yea, TD to Baldwin 2 plays later. Ha.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
More fuel to the fire.....the browns are going to a slaughterhouse.......in Seattle.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Cartire":11k0jutx said:
jkitsune":11k0jutx said:

Yea, TD to Baldwin 2 plays later. Ha.

Well, no wonder Pete didn't challenge. Knew we'd just be throwing another TD to Baldwin two plays later!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I really don't get how Beckham's catch was even a catch. Your aloud to grab the ball, hands on top of the football, push the ball to the ground and slide it on said ground for 3 yards?

ivotuk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1xzw6a54 said:
I really don't get how Beckham's catch was even a catch. Your aloud to grab the ball, hands on top of the football, push the ball to the ground and slide it on said ground for 3 yards?

I thought this was using the ground to catch the ball. Not sure how the rule interprets it.

Torc

Reaction score
I'd really like a quick look at Beckham's gloves. Not trying to knock him much - he does get his body into a position for some of the amazing catches he's made.....but there's no way some of those one handed grabs happen without a little extra help.

Hawks46

Reaction score
From both angles I see here, that's a catch.

Not sure why they didn't review that one from the booth, as it could've been a scoring play. Moot point, but amazing job by Baldwin. He really is playing the best right now.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Torc":3jkrw3k4 said:
I'd really like a quick look at Beckham's gloves. Not trying to knock him much - he does get his body into a position for some of the amazing catches he's made.....but there's no way some of those one handed grabs happen without a little extra help.

They had a great segment on MNF last night on the gloves receivers were these day. Took some non players, bare hands, tossed some balls, no one handed catches. Put on the gloves and like magic, one handed catches. Def not fair. :les: Now get off my lawn!

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Only thing you can't see is if he "completed the catch", doesn't show if he bobbled it going to the ground.