Luke Willson injury serious? Chase Coffman re-signed

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Hawks have re-signed TE Chase Coffman. Luke Willson having an MRI on his bruised ribs.

Good grief man, why is it now we're coming down with all these injuries?

Basis4day

Reaction score
They released Harris and Daniels and IR'd Rawls to make room for Coffman, Brown, and Coyle.

So Willson wasn't IR'd, which is a good sign.

MrThortan

Reaction score
6'6 244lbs at his combine in 2009. Big guy. BJ get released again? Poor guy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
With Willson's recent injury, the TE group is looking very weak - Helfet, Coffman, and McCoy. Hopefully someone steps up. Current healthy TE depth equal = two scraps and a non-factor on paper.

Jville

Reaction score
Nice chip blocking by the tight ends in Baltimore on Sunday. They will need more of that and some receptions thrown in to keep the offense humming. I'm good with 4 tight ends to finish out this season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's funny he didn't mention an injury on his show today on BJ and Miggs.

Barakas

Reaction score
Pete just stated in his press conference that Luke is back at practice. "I don't know how he heals that way but he was on the practice field". Not an exact quote but sounds good.

A reporter followed up asking if Luke had some bruised ribs and Pete responded saying that it was more than that but did not expand further on it.

Sounds like Luke has a cracked rib or two but is playing through it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Barakas":3e96wnns said:
Pete just stated in his press conference that Luke is back at practice. "I don't know how he heals that way but he was on the practice field". Not an exact quote but sounds good.

A reporter followed up asking if Luke had some bruised ribs and Pete responded saying that it was more than that but did not expand further on it.

Wolverine is from Canada and has an accelerated healing factor. Luke Willson is from Canada and kind of looks like Wolverine.

Coincidence?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Basis4day":394sdns9 said:
Barakas":394sdns9 said:

Wolverine is from Canada and has an accelerated healing factor. Luke Willson is from Canada and kind of looks like Wolverine.

Coincidence?

Had the same thought... Luke has more or less earned the "Wolverine" nickname with his celebrations, fast healing when he has been injured and just being Canadian.

Seymour

Reaction score
Barakas":3nnsdmzo said:

Luke cracks his ribs and plays through it, Tharold Simon stubs his toe and out for the entire season. Epic.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3kzjcgbz said:
Wonder if the injury had something to do with that dropped touchdown?

Or vise versa since there was nobody within 5 yards of him?

Chapow

Reaction score
Barakas":3du1jl80 said:

If true, holy crap, that would suck so bad. I can't imagine how a TE (or really any player) could get through a game without contact to his torso.

chet380

Reaction score
Seymour":1u1zo1du said:
Barakas":1u1zo1du said:

Luke cracks his ribs and plays through it, Tharold Simon stubs his toe and out for the entire season. Epic.
Canuck determination!

Have you guys seen some of the on-ice injuries that hockey players shrug off and come back to play immediately?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
reminds me of when I made this his first y ear when he got that high ankle sprain and was back the next week

Wollverine zpsac945212

djb28

Reaction score
MrThortan":7hqs9j2o said:
6'6 244lbs at his combine in 2009. Big guy. BJ get released again? Poor guy.

If I were BJ I would tell this team to screw. This is like the 100th time. lol

ringless

Reaction score
It makes you wonder if it is a pain tolerance issue. There are players that play through injuries and players that don't that always seem to be injured.

I don't like the Cowboys, but Romo played though a cracked ribs and a punctured lung. That blows my mind and players do it every week.