The ebbs and flows of Seahawks.net

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Seahawks have poor outcomes = fire everyone, cut everyone, overpaid, no heart and bunch of individuals

Seahawks have positive outcomes = AllPro quarterback, #1 WRs, were playing as a team, were back!!!

:3-1:

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'd say that is going to happen when you haven't solidified a playoff spot yet.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about. Place seems pretty level headed to me. :sarcasm_off:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a team with a tremendous amount of talent.

And it is a results business.

When the results do not meet the expected production level vs available talent? That is a failure.

It makes sense to point that out.

At the beginning of this year, the team was horrible on offense. Downright painfully bad. And the defense had some issues that were killing us, namely one side of our secondary was letting any QB complete almost anything.

It looked for all the world like an 8-8 team.

Now, the schedule admittedly got soft and we faced some defense that had huge holes in them. But we faces the hapless Bears and Lions earlier and our offense did not exactly look like a buzzsaw either. It wasn't just the schedule, the team made changes.

The changes brought much better chances at success. Cary Williams was jettisoned (thank goodness) which meant less free passes for the opposing QB, and Rawls suddenly was ripping off huge chunks of yardage just about the time that Wilson was starting to play at the level someone with that kind of contract should produce (and he might have exceeded that).

So, clearly less reason to complain - even no reason. This is, in significant ways, a different team than the one we saw earlier. Important pieces have changed, and even some of the offensive/defensive tactics have. Accordingly, so have the results.

Not sure why it would be surprising to see a change in sentiment when changes made by the team result in a change in the success rate of the team.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2tskn2a8 said:
Seahawks have poor outcomes = fire everyone, cut everyone, overpaid, no heart and bunch of individuals

Seahawks have positive outcomes = AllPro quarterback, #1 WRs, were playing as a team, were back!!!

:3-1:

That's kind of what happens when a team goes from being the WORST red zone offense in the league, dropping five games and falling out of the division title race, to being one of the league's very best red zone offenses (Top 4 over the last month). We went from 32nd to 18th in short order.

The talent on the team was undeniable. It has always been a question of execution - by the players and by the coaches. Russell Wilson is carrying this offense right now. His QB rating when throwing to Lockett and Baldwin is off the charts.

Personally, I'm still in favor of replacing Bevell in the off-season because I don't trust him to make consistently good decisions, and I'm not convinced that he won't revert to form by trying to "outsmart" the competition, rather than play to our obvious strengths. I think the team would benefit from a fresh perspective. But Wilson is making him look damn good right now. Maybe that will be enough to make him the next HC of BYU.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
You enjoy doing this> :stirthepot: don't you?

kearly

Reaction score
.Net is a reactionary place, no doubt. But in fairness, there were more than a few posters calling 12-4 after the 2-4 start.

Jville

Reaction score
Surely Ciara now qualifies as an honorary team member.

When things were perceived to be going poorly, she also became a target of blame.

When the perceptions returned to that of going well, she was then relegated to the background.

CWSrcCZWwAE2Uuu
................" Ignore the Noise " .... it is a vital live skill.....................

OP
OP
fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":qmy2j55d said:

I am a huge Seahawks homer but am always amazed at how thick some of the Seahawks coloured glasses are here.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Jville":17ac0q3u said:
Surely Ciara now qualifies as an honorary team member.

When things were perceived to be going poorly, she also became a target of blame.

When the perceptions returned to that of going well, she was then relegated to the background.

CWSrcCZWwAE2Uuu
................" Ignore the Noise " .... it is a vital live skill.....................

Now we know why his right arm has been looking stronger. :mrgreen:

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I think the biggest reason why people were angry is that we weren't winning games we could have won. We were really close in all of our 5 losses, we were almost good enough but just not there yet. That's frustrating. We've luckily started rolling on all cilinders at exactly the right timing. That brings happiness, euphoria and relief. It's a big contrats but a logical one.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1d0oyzo8 said:

For some, this may be a great stew for a cold frozen Sunday morning while watching a football game....for some it really aint. I will assume that this AINT!

Dont forget the cornbread for the stew. Makes it all better.

Bones, "Bourbon and beans a powerful combination."

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1esxa28n said:
And which fan forum or message board doesn't do that?

Browns, Jaguars, Bills, Titans, Raiders?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Each poster is their own voice. They might have ebbs and flows, but...

There is no collective. .NET is simply a board. Some people post their thoughts, some people post their feelings, some post both. I get to choose which matter to me, which is why I like it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I like it personally. We have a passionate fan base and people care a lot about Seahawks football. Like mojo above points out sometimes its thoughts or feelings and I get involved in both at times.