Will we catch the Cardinals

StoneCold

Reaction score
Not in the standings, but in total points scored. Cards are at 405 and the Hawks are at 340. Just 65 points in the next 3 games. We've also allowed fewer points than them. 235 to 252. Just saying.

Go Hawks

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No. I don't see us outscoring Arizona by 20 points in each of the next three games.

themunn

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":152vgdym said:
No. I don't see us outscoring Arizona by 20 points in each of the next three games.

It's more than possible given we're playing 2 awful teams in the Browns and Rams, and we're going to hand a 40 point beatdown to them on January 3rd

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3aenj3xj said:
So...Arizona is going to score zero point over the next 3 weeks? Alright!

Oh ye of little faith. Not zero just less than us. They have to play the Eagles, the Packers and us. We play The Browns, the Rams and them. Seems possible to me.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry, just not going to make up that many points against the top offense in the league. They will be scoring too.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":3f6s4hy5 said:
Sorry, just not going to make up that many points against the top offense in the league. They will be scoring too.

We picked up 41 in the last 3 and they are playing tougher opponents. Not to mention the whooppin' we will lay on them in the last game of the year. :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":3mqbn7z7 said:
Not in the standings, but in total points scored. Cards are at 405 and the Hawks are at 340. Just 65 points in the next 3 games. We've also allowed fewer points than them. 235 to 252. Just saying.

Go Hawks

So basically they have a point differential of 153 and we have a point differential of 105. I believe it's next to impossible to catch them in points scored, but the 48 point differential (although difficult) is possible, especially if our defense continues as it has been lately.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":jnb5za50 said:
StoneCold":jnb5za50 said:

Go Hawks

So basically they have a point differential of 153 and we have a point differential of 105. I believe it's next to impossible to catch them in points scored, but the 48 point differential (although difficult) is possible, especially if our defense continues as it has been lately.

Agreed, it will be tough. It would be a bit more possible if the last game is meaningful to us, but not them. We need the win and they rest starters. Would rather that not happen. :)

AZ_fan

Reaction score
themunn":2grwi2tl said:
Attyla the Hawk":2grwi2tl said:

It's more than possible given we're playing 2 awful teams in the Browns and Rams, and we're going to hand a 40 point beatdown to them on January 3rd

Is that with or without our starters on the field?

Polaris

Reaction score
AZ_fan":crj4zmv2 said:
themunn":crj4zmv2 said:
Attyla the Hawk":crj4zmv2 said:

Let's see how week 15 and 16 shake out. The Az game could either be the most important of the season for both teams or utterly meaningless.

12thbrah

Reaction score
AZ_fan":285me7if said:
themunn":285me7if said:
Attyla the Hawk":285me7if said:

I think Cardinals will be trying to hold off Green Bay for the #2 seed so their starters will definitely be on the field for week 17.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Polaris":kog74abo said:
AZ_fan":kog74abo said:
themunn":kog74abo said:
Attyla the Hawk":kog74abo said:

Let's see how week 15 and 16 shake out. The Az game could either be the most important of the season for both teams or utterly meaningless.

Of course... magic # is 1 for the division and 2 for the bye.

Can't take anything for granted...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
themunn":3vnw0rmu said:
Attyla the Hawk":3vnw0rmu said:

If we were a team led by a Chip Kelly type then yeah. But Carroll generally lays up when it gets severely out of hand. You don't see us hitting 40+ unless there are return TDs involved.

We run the ball too much. That limits total snaps and possessions. If things are going our way against inferior opponents, you see a lot more 8 minute drives for scores late. Instead of 2-3 minute drives for scores.

Just not that kind of team even against weaker foes. It's not how we roll.

Now if we're talking about catching the points lead defensively -- that could happen. We're 6 points off of Cincy at #2. We're 10 points off of Denver at #1.

Denver has the Steelers -- we should pass them this week
Cincy has Niners. Could hold server

Next week:

Cincy at Denver: Something will give here Money on Denver
Rams @ Sea: Damned division games are hard to predict

Final week:

SD @ Denver: Denver could make up ground.
Baltimore @ Cincy: Cincy could make up ground.
Sea @ Cards: Cards may have it locked up. But I get the sense that for both teams, they want the message more.

I'd predect Seattle gets the #1 spot this week. And extends it next week. Will take a good effort to secure it. I think it has a good chance of happening. I'm not sure how keen AZ will be to expose Palmer to injury after derailing their SB run last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3uuuwn41 said:
themunn":3uuuwn41 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3uuuwn41 said:

WHAT A DEDICATED FAN! GETTING EXCUSES FOR LOSS PREPARED 3 WEEKS AHEAD!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Another thing we should have learned by now-NEVER count out the rams if we are playing them. On paper we should destroy them this game, but until I see how we run on the browns with the new guys, I'm not comfortable calling a blowout.

Steve2222

Reaction score
How about we go for a realistic goal, like point differential?

I think we have a better chance of winning the division than we do passing them in total points.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2b2xlcsh said:
AZ_fan":2b2xlcsh said:
themunn":2b2xlcsh said:
Attyla the Hawk":2b2xlcsh said:

WHAT A DEDICATED FAN! GETTING EXCUSES FOR LOSS PREPARED 3 WEEKS AHEAD!

No excuses... LOL I just state the obvious.

All I heard last season was how we got blown out 19-3 and 35-6 by Seattle... but little acknowledgement was made to the fact it happened with Lindley and Stanton under center... not Palmer. I mean, we are only 20-3 the last 2 seasons with Palmer... what difference could not having him make? :sarcasm_off:

Why should this season be any different... but by all means get pumped up for a game that we'll probably be resting our starters.

God forbid anything ever happen to Wilson... Tavaris Jackson would take you guys a long way no doubt. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2sm9kqp0 said:
StoneCold":2sm9kqp0 said:
FlyHawksFly":2sm9kqp0 said:
So...Arizona is going to score zero point over the next 3 weeks? Alright!

Oh ye of little faith. Not zero just less than us. They have to play the Eagles, the Packers and us. We play The Browns, the Rams and them. Seems possible to me.

I don't think you get how math works :)

Maybe you could edumacate me?

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":ks20wa87 said:
StoneCold":ks20wa87 said:

Go Hawks

Points differential is better, IMO.

That said, isn't points scored part of a tie breaker ? Not like it would matter as they've already won the division.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ddw27dp said:
How about we go for a realistic goal, like point differential?

I think we have a better chance of winning the division than we do passing them in total points.

BORING. Why root for something easy? Come on man! Live a little.

NOTE: This is the silliest thread I've started on .net, and it's getting the most activity. SMH