Shead the best athlete on the Seahawks?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cartire":l0lf0zah said:
hieroglyphics":l0lf0zah said:

Yea, I dont know what Sheil was thinking there. I think he might have not understood the assignment.

Sheil's reasoning is in line with a lot of the other reporters. Some take it from a pure football standpoint, while others talk about the chosen player's success in other sports.

Shead is an interesting choice with a track background and competition in decathlons. Russell Wilson would be a strong choice for his baseball prowess or Jimmy Graham being a D-1 basketball player.

Cartire

Reaction score
Basis4day":o7hn5wwv said:
Cartire":o7hn5wwv said:
hieroglyphics":o7hn5wwv said:

Yea, I dont know what Sheil was thinking there. I think he might have not understood the assignment.

Sheil's reasoning is in line with a lot of the other reporters. Some take it from a pure football standpoint, while others talk about the chosen player's success in other sports.

Shead is an interesting choice with a track background and competition in decathlons. Russell Wilson would be a strong choice for his baseball prowess or Jimmy Graham being a D-1 basketball player.

So it seems that they he is using the Athlete term to describe people who are athletes in multiple sports. I guess when I think Athlete, I think the most physically and mentally gifted in that particular sport. To each their own I guess.

HawkJay

Reaction score
I kind of get this. How many different positions have we seen Shead in doing a decent job? He will be an excellent corner by the start of next season based on what he's done so far. Out of nowhere one of my favourites this year

McGruff

Reaction score
Shead is a physical freak. When you look at a guy who is pretty darn big for his position, really fast, and has amazing hops, Shead fits the bill.

Shead's pro day:

Dates: 03/14/12
Height: 6011
Weight: 220
40 Yrd Dash: 4.53
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.23
3-Cone Drill: 6.76

CurrentDS

RussB

Reaction score
Hes very fast for his size, but seattles team is filled with great athletes like chancellor and thomas so its tough to say whos th best "athlete" on the team.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Sorry,thinking about it,you have to catch the ball first,then hurdle people.

McGruff

Reaction score
2Cool4School":2hekyzeu said:
Hes very fast for his size, but seattles team is filled with great athletes like chancellor and thomas so its tough to say whos th best "athlete" on the team.

Yet, Shead has a better athletic profile than both of them . . .

themunn

Reaction score
I'd give him it based purely on his ankle tackle on the Vikings end around. Damn that was impressive

kobebryant

Reaction score
Some interesting athletic profiles on this team aside from the obvious in Jimmy and Russ:

I believe Hauschka was a Juco soccer player.

Cooper played collegiate lacrosse.

Luke was a junior national teamer in baseball, played hockey too.

Jon Ryan was an all-conference WR in college.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think RW is the best athlete on the team.

But I thought I read somewhere that BJ Daniels was the best athlete. Came from Training Camp I think?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Elusive, fast, great arm, strong, very good at one sport and great in another.

Still funny to me, if RW was 2 inches taller it would be RW

King Dog

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with anything, but I still remember an interview Pete did a few years ago. He said in a race of the fastest Hawks players or maybe it was guys in the secondary, Jeremy Lane would be looking over his shoulder at people behind him.

Smellyman

Reaction score
King Dog":2rq1t63q said:
This has nothing to do with anything, but I still remember an interview Pete did a few years ago. He said in a race of the fastest Hawks players or maybe it was guys in the secondary, Jeremy Lane would be looking over his shoulder at people behind him.

I think he has said Lockette too. Lockette has great track numbers.

I think it was, who would win in a race, Lockette, Lane or Harvin. It would finish in that order.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The most physically gifted athlete is Christine Michael. Kind of ironic.