#4 in Power Rankings

AZ_fan

Reaction score
"This team is on a roll and no one wants to see them in January at Centurylink Field" is what it should say. ;)

Good thing we don't have to worry about that happening...

Grats on cracking the top 5.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":118mrquw said:
"This team is on a roll and no one wants to see them in January at Centurylink Field" is what it should say. ;)

This team plays better on the road this year. But feel free to hang your hopes on old stereotypes. :D

For someone who "supposedly" isnt worried about the Seahawks, you sure spend a lot of time trying to convince us we aren't all that great..

RussB

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2wtx6bgn said:

We can beat AZ on the road too it doesnt matter, lets see carson win a playoff game.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3saxsaum said:
AZ_fan":3saxsaum said:

This team plays better on the road this year. But feel free to hang your hopes on old stereotypes. :D

For someone who "supposedly" isnt worried about the Seahawks, you sure spend a lot of time trying to convince us we aren't all that great..

I feel great man... I'd be worried about traveling to Seattle. Give me the Seahawks in Glendale any day. (Last year's loss with Palmer on IR doesn't count LOL) :th2thumbs:

AZ_fan

Reaction score
2Cool4School":1miv84l1 said:
AZ_fan":1miv84l1 said:

We can beat AZ on the road too it doesnt matter, lets see carson win a playoff game.

Is a 2005 and 2009 playoff loss with Cincinnati really relevant here?

I just don't see it... when was the last time they won a playoff game? 1988?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":tkpsgwzg said:
Hawkpower":tkpsgwzg said:
AZ_fan":tkpsgwzg said:

I feel great man... I'd be worried about traveling to Seattle. Give me the Seahawks in Glendale any day. (Last year's loss with Palmer on IR doesn't count LOL) :th2thumbs:

Any day? HAHA, Well, take care of business and you will get your "wish". I can guarantee you there is nobody else in the NFL foolish enough to be making that comment.

Some of us have to learn the hard way :D

chevelle03

Reaction score
AZ_fan":s4wuew9h said:
2Cool4School":s4wuew9h said:
AZ_fan":s4wuew9h said:

Is a 2005 and 2009 playoff loss with Cincinnati really relevant here?

I just don't see it... when was the last time they won a playoff game? 1988?

When was the last time Arizona won a playoff game?

Your posts come off as if you are a fan of an established winning franchise. 'Grats' on winning more than 10 games in a season for 2 consecutive years but your team has done nothing other than a blip on the radar super bowl appearance surrounded by years of losing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
And of course ESPN dropped us 2 spots in this week's power rankings to #8, below the Steelers (who we just beat a few weeks ago) and Packers (who have been playing like crap for a month). Yeah, OK.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1ed18uwb said:
Hawkpower":1ed18uwb said:
AZ_fan":1ed18uwb said:

The Seahawks have blown you out the last 2 times in Glendale. Not sure why you would take that any day. As mentioned elsewhere, the last time Wilson lost in Glendale was his first start of his rookie season, and he was one completion away from winning that game too. In fact, had a receiver not made a bone-headed reach and batted down a pass intended for someone behind him (who was wide open), Wilson probably does win that game too.

:stirthepot:

Hawks46

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3cof1rr2 said:

Well, that litmus test occurs in a little over 2 weeks.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
4th, 5th, 6th, 1st, 10th, Whatever. This team is hitting its stride at the right time and if I'm a Cards fan (above) I would worry about winning in Philly and beating the Packers the next two weeks, because if not and Seattle handles the Browns and Rams (and a couple other teams win and lose) that last game could be the difference from the Cards being the 2nd seed and the 5th seed. Long season, being hot at the right time is all that counts and no team is playing hotter than Seattle and there could be a guy called Lynch coming back for that Cards game (or the playoffs) and I'm sure if he's ready go, he will be up for one last run with this team in the playoffs.

Things are getting fun....

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
daveyoung52":1ewi3i6n said:
If Minny got that close at Glendale ??????

This comparison game can get even more fun than that.

Week 12 - @SF - 19-13 W. A six point win over the 49ers, who are hot garbage? Also, this could just as easily went to the 49ers. If you didn't see this game, I suggest you go watch the condensed version.
Week 13 - @SL - 27-3 W. A blowout of a hapless Rams team that had lost 4 straight games prior to this one.
Week 14 - vs MIN - 23-20. Barely escaped against an "average" (according to AZ_fan) Vikes team that just got blown out at home by 31 points to the Hawks.
Week 15 @PHI - Should be interesting considering Philly has something to play for, and is coming off wins against the Pats and the Bills. This is not an automatic win for the Cards. Especially considering how they played against SF and MIN.
Week 16 vs GB - Other than games against the Steelers (a Loss powered by Landry Jones, not Big Ben), the Seahawks (one score win), and the Bengals (one score win) this is the stiffest test the Cards have faced. I do not think AZ beats Green Bay in this one.
Week 17 vs Seattle - We have no idea what the importance of this game is for either squad. I do know that everyone is going to be watching it though!

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ol23tyw4 said:
AZ_fan":ol23tyw4 said:

Any day? HAHA, Well, take care of business and you will get your "wish". I can guarantee you there is nobody else in the NFL foolish enough to be making that comment.

What's cool about how the current playoff seeding is panning out is you'd have to get by both the NFC East AND Carolina before you'd have that opportunity...

chevelle03":ol23tyw4 said:

Your posts come off as if you are a fan of an established winning franchise. 'Grats' on winning more than 10 games in a season for 2 consecutive years but your team has done nothing other than a blip on the radar super bowl appearance surrounded by years of losing.

You mean like Seattle? Has 2005 and 2012-2015 given you the big head already?

We are talking about a team that just went over a lifetime .500 (313-312) ummmm... like last week?

Pot meet kettle?

Yeah yeah I know... you've got 1 Super Bowl... along with like 15 other teams. Grats on that.

CallMeADawg":ol23tyw4 said:
The Seahawks have blown you out the last 2 times in Glendale. Not sure why you would take that any day. As mentioned elsewhere, the last time Wilson lost in Glendale was his first start of his rookie season, and he was one completion away from winning that game too. In fact, had a receiver not made a bone-headed reach and batted down a pass intended for someone behind him (who was wide open), Wilson probably does win that game too.

As I said in the other thread... blowing us out without Carson would be like blowing out the Seahawks with Tavaris... it just doesn't hold water although if you feel better with the W more power to ya. I think we both know the 2015 Cardinals are the best team to come out of Arizona in a long time.

Hawks46":ol23tyw4 said:
AZ_fan":ol23tyw4 said:

Unfortunately there's about a 99.2% chance the game will have a preseason vibe to it.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3evygely said:
As I said in the other thread... blowing us out without Carson would be like blowing out the Seahawks with Tavaris... it just doesn't hold water although if you feel better with the W more power to ya. I think we both know the 2015 Cardinals are the best team to come out of Arizona in a long time.

Hmmm, okay. Let's chat about this then:

34-22 SEA QB = Carson Palmer:
http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscor ... 2013101701

Here is a good clip from the game, if you didn't catch it:
[youtube]vmelivYV5cc[/youtube]

When did you start watching the Cards?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2irji7kb said:
Hawkpower":2irji7kb said:

What's cool about how the current playoff seeding is panning out is you'd have to get by both the NFC East AND Carolina before you'd have that opportunity...

chevelle03":2irji7kb said:

You mean like Seattle? Has 2005 and 2012-2015 given you the big head already?

We are talking about a team that just went over a lifetime .500 (313-312) ummmm... like last week?

Pot meet kettle?

Yeah yeah I know... you've got 1 Super Bowl... along with like 15 other teams. Grats on that.

CallMeADawg":2irji7kb said:

Hawks46":2irji7kb said:

Unfortunately there's about a 99.2% chance the game will have a preseason vibe to it.

Most AZ fans I know down here in the valley (there are 4 or 5 of them) are praying Carolina beats us in round two, as they would rather play Carolina on the road than Seattle at home.

You will never admit it, especially with the brave face you are putting on here, but deep in your heart, you may (or should) be wishing for that too.

Hey I will admit it.....I think Seattle is the better team, but I would rather play quite a few teams in the playoffs before playing a healthy AZ team.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Everytime I see Palmer take a hit I wonder if he will get back up again...Sorry but history always has a way of repeating itself.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2nyn23z5 said:
AZ_fan":2nyn23z5 said:

I've come to the conclusion that he's here trolling.

Narniaman

Reaction score
Hmmm. . . Arizona Cardinals. . . .

Isn't that the team that has the same number of playoff wins (six) in their 95 year history that Russell Wilson has in his first three years in the NFL???