Just need a loss by WSH or NYG now...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
... and we're in the playoffs.

:D

(Or if the Vikings and Falcons want to lose and the Packers win, that would also do the trick)

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3gb7th4m said:
... and we're in the playoffs.

:D

(Or if the Vikings and Falcons want to lose and the Packers win, that would also do the trick)

Well we have to win too, but yes, things are looking good for the Seahawks. In fact if the Giants or Washington loses and Minn wins (they should; they play Chicago at home), all the NFC playoff teams will be set save the NFC East Champ.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3im1f6gg said:
Like it actually is going to matter?

Yeah I try to be positive on most things but I don't really get the threads about us clinching so and so this week by so and so happening. We don't really need to clinch the playoffs this week. We are on pace for the 5th seed if we keep going at this pace and there's nothing other teams can do about it.

Polaris

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3roauwcx said:
MizzouHawkGal":3roauwcx said:

Yeah I try to be positive on most things but I don't really get the threads about us clinching so and so this week by so and so happening. We don't really need to clinch the playoffs this week. We are on pace for the 5th seed if we keep going at this pace and there's nothing other teams can do about it.

If we win out, the only way Seattle doesn't get (at least) the 5th seed is if Green Bay loses to Minnesota in the final game and Minn wins out creating an 11-5 tie for the NFC North which Minny would win. Then Green Bay would get the fifth seed by head to head. That's the only way an 11-5 Seahawk team gets the #6 spot.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Feel pretty confident the Seahawks beat the Browns and the Panthers beat the the Giants. Wild card is a hard path back to the Superbowl, but I believe it can be done!

rjdriver

Reaction score
MrThortan":e1hu0h69 said:
Feel pretty confident the Seahawks beat the Browns and the Panthers beat the the Giants. Wild card is a hard path back to the Superbowl, but I believe it can be done!

It sure can.

10 wild card teams have advanced to the super bowl and of those ten, six have won it.

We will be the seventh.

rjas77

Reaction score
Polaris":2jaujtne said:
Then Green Bay would get the fifth seed by head to head. That's the only way an 11-5 Seahawk team gets the #6 spot.

Then we would play Minny in the Wildcard would we not?

Hustle_Wilson

Reaction score
rjdriver":1bx95690 said:
MrThortan":1bx95690 said:

It sure can.

10 wild card teams have advanced to the super bowl and of those ten, six have won it.

We will be the seventh.

And given the back to back Super Bowls with 1 seeds facing each other, a rarity for it to even be done once in recent years, we are due for a wild card team running the table. How fitting that it could be the Hawks.

This team can win anywhere and this can be an incredible opportunity to prove that. And besides, those road warrior wild card runs are always the most interesting. A team that thrives on having a chip on their shoulder like this one should relish that opportunity!

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Hustle_Wilson":39bwxwz3 said:
rjdriver":39bwxwz3 said:
MrThortan":39bwxwz3 said:

It sure can.

We will be the seventh.

And given the back to back Super Bowls with 1 seeds facing each other, a rarity for it to even be done once in recent years, we are due for a wild card team running the table. How fitting that it could be the Hawks.

This team can win anywhere and this is can be an incredible opportunity to prove that. And besides, those road warrior wild card runs are always the most interesting. A team that thrives on having a chip on their shoulder like this one should relish that opportunity!

Vegas is calling ;)

Timmahawk

Reaction score
rjas77":44p0de4r said:
Polaris":44p0de4r said:
Then Green Bay would get the fifth seed by head to head. That's the only way an 11-5 Seahawk team gets the #6 spot.

Then we would play Minny in the Wildcard would we not?

You are correct, so if we finish 11-5, we should be road favorites in the WC game no matter what seed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2205phk0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2205phk0 said:

That's right. We're a lock for the 5 seed if we win everything else is dependent on what other teams do or don't do. So it doesn't matter to me.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hawks just win baby. Nothing else should matter. Don't like depending on other teams to make it happen.

Mick063

Reaction score
On another note:

Anyone else starting to see comments that Pittsburgh would have won if Ben had not "taken himself out of the game".

Seattle had that game well in hand at the time Ben suffered his concussion. Further, the Steelers couldn't get Seattle's offense off of the field. Where do these fantasies come from? What is sad is that someone somewhere wrote it and it has picked up momentum with folks that never even watched the game.

Polaris

Reaction score
Mick063":2y7jhh3t said:
On another note:

Anyone else starting to see comments that Pittsburgh would have won if Ben had not "taken himself out of the game".

Seattle had that game well in hand at the time Ben suffered his concussion. Further, the Steelers couldn't get Seattle's offense off of the field. Where do these fantasies come from? What is sad is that someone somewhere wrote it and it has picked up momentum with folks that never even watched the game.

It's annoying but understandable. I know the Steelers (fans anyway) are kicking themselves for "letting one get away" in Seattle. Of course if they want to make that argument, the insipid "fake" FG (that fooled no one) would be a better argument since that wound up being a 10pt swing.

Also remember from their perspective, the reason PIT is struggling to make the playoffs is BECAUSE they lost in Seattle. Reverse that game, and they are shoe-ins for at least a WC and prob favorites with Dalton hurt to take the division.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I watched the panthers game again. We sucked and deserved to lose. But I CANNOT cheer for Cam. Go Giants!

AZ_fan

Reaction score
rjdriver":7qr4uzzf said:
MrThortan":7qr4uzzf said:

It sure can.

We will be the seventh.

*bookmarked*

Oh... under the current playoff format... 1 5th seed has won it (2007 Giants) and 2 6th seeds have won it (2005 Steelers and 2010 Packers)

You must have been referring to the 1980 Raiders or something as part of your numbers...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":1omk7kx7 said:
I watched the panthers game again. We sucked and deserved to lose. But I CANNOT cheer for Cam. Go Giants!
Agreed.

We're gonna win out, so I don't care about the Giants losing.

hawks85

Reaction score
rjdriver":a4f3tg3y said:
MrThortan":a4f3tg3y said:

It sure can.

We will be the seventh.
lol getting a ilttle ahead of yourself aren't you. lets start with we get to tournament first.

hawks85

Reaction score
hawks85":2fu9rolc said:
rjdriver":2fu9rolc said:
MrThortan":2fu9rolc said:

It sure can.

We will be the seventh.
lol getting a ilttle ahead of yourself aren't you. lets start with we get to tournament first.
damn brother you are a cards fan lol what the hell. didnt mean to respond. i just noticed your avatar. oops lmao.