Anyone else think Browns game will be somewhat close?

seabowl

Reaction score
I just have this feeling that the Browns game with the injuries and Manziel will be closer that the 15 point spread. Maybe like a 20-13 score. Anyone else agree?

Cartire

Reaction score
seabowl":1uhlqgs2 said:
I just have this feeling that the Browns game with the injuries and Manziel will be closer that the 15 point spread. Maybe like a 20-13 score. Anyone else agree?

No. You cited Manziel has a reason for your nervousness. :34853_doh:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I worry about Manziels ability to extend plays. It seems when mobile guys can kove around we struggle. If he's abile to capitalize he could hurt us. I don't tink he's at that level though and I anticipate a few bad picks.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Cartire":1zkumnke said:
seabowl":1zkumnke said:

Last 2 starts for Manziel he had 270 and 372 yards passing respectively. Say what you want about him but on the field he hasn't been that bad.

drdiags

Reaction score
Depends on how the Browns decide to play it. They could decide to use the Bears strategy. They did hit the 9ers up for over 200 yds rushing. I am expecting a comfortable win but there are always unexpected factors that lead to surprising games.

I don't dismiss the idea out of hand. Some folks mocking you will be the same ones going nuclear if the game is much closer than expected.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I can see it as one possible scenario. Well, maybe not close...but I can see them covering the spread. I really doubt it happens though.

Crowell is decent, Barnidge is great, Benjamin is really good, Manziel is talented. I can see them scoring 13-17 range w a junk TD.

I still see us scoring 30+ again though. 31-17 final and CLE covers. I guess it's plausible.

Cartire

Reaction score
seabowl":3pw2141r said:
Cartire":3pw2141r said:
seabowl":3pw2141r said:

Last 2 starts for Manziel he had 270 and 372 yards passing respectively. Say what you want about him but on the field he hasn't been that bad.

Yummy yummy yards. The true stat right there. Against SF and the Stealers Defense. A whole 1 TD in each one of them too.

drdiags

Reaction score
Largent80":5papdhdz said:
Look what we did to the hapless 4-9ers. Browns rushing defense is 29th.

The only question is who for the Seahawks is going to step in and provide an impact at RB? Right now we have a demoted FB and two guys deemed too much of a knucklehead to be guaranteed a roster spot. That is the unknown factor in this and any game going forward until/unless Lynch returns.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well James as you know, Russell Wilson is setting records all over the place, so honestly, I don't think it matters who is back there. Also many people don't even mention Fred Jackson. Yeah he's older but still has vision and toughness.

drdiags

Reaction score
Largent80":31kv9hg4 said:
Well James as you know, Russell Wilson is setting records all over the place, so honestly, I don't think it matters who is back there. Also many people don't even mention Fred Jackson. Yeah he's older but still has vision and toughness.

True, Wilson is on fire. Having a nice balance or threat of a run doesn't hurt. Ravens had to plan for Rawls. When he went out they most likely didn't change their gameplan. Petine may be a bullet-head but they do have a week to put more emphasis on shutting down the pass and daring the team to run.

We will see.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The only way this game is less than a 2+ score win for the Hawks is if CLE can apply consistent pressure on Russell.

And with the way the Hawks O-line has been playing of late, the prospects of the Browns getting to Russell don't look very good.

The Browns are 21th in the league with 26 sacks.

Seattle's O-line, in combination with Bevell's play calling and Russell's decision making on passing plays, has yielded only 7 sacks in the last 5 games.

I say that continues.

Mick063

Reaction score
How do I know that the Cleveland coach was effective with his bulletin board material?

Because it drew a response from Michael Bennett. People that are unfamiliar with the Seahawks think that Sherman is the spokesman for such things. Actually, lately, Sherman typically tows the line when it comes to vanilla, standardized answers. Further, he typically becomes defensive only when it gets personal (ie. challenge his competency as an all pro corner). If you want to really know what the locker room is thinking, you ask Bennett.

Bennett says: (paraphrase) We will make that dufus Cleveland coach pay for dissing our quarterback.

Of course the game isn't going to be close. Bennett and Co are "spinning up" Russell and the offense on a daily basis.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No don't think the Browns will be in our way at all.

marko358

Reaction score
Forecast is for rain. I don't see Manziel being able to pick us apart in sloppy, cold weather.

evergreen

Reaction score
it will be close at the beginning, not at the end. Russell Wilson will eviscerate them.