Who here believes? (In our new run game)

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think the front office and coach Carroll know what they're doing. IDK if we'll get "Beastlike" performances, but I have a good feeling about both Brown and Michaels. I think we're gonna get good production out of both guys and keep defenses honest so RW can shred them with the air attack. Injuries aside, I think we really have a realistic shot at another Superbowl. I was a fan of Holmgren, but I've never had such a good feeling about a coach and front office as I do these guys, ya gotta love this team's lack of quit.

:icon_new: :229031_cheers: :thgeterdone: :biggthumpup: :icon_new:

sutz

Reaction score
I'm OK with the next couple of games all right, as long as they hang onto the rock. RBBC should cover Cle and StL well enough. Sure hope Marsh is ready for the post season, though.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I have confidence the offense will be productive. I'm also not going to have a meltdown if we do not destroy Cleveland. I have a feeling this game is going to make some here go crazy.

Good game to get our crap together, givin our current situation. Doesn't have to be a perfect game just because it's Cleveland.

Mick063

Reaction score
We don't even know what the run game looks like yet. "Better than Harris" is the immediate goal. I think it is very achievable.

I'll get back to you after Sunday.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":m2cm1u06 said:
I have confidence the offense will be productive. I'm also not going to have a meltdown if we do not destroy Cleveland. I have a feeling this game is going to make some here go crazy.

Good game to get our crap together, givin our current situation. Doesn't have to be a perfect game just because it's Cleveland.
This ^
Pete needs to find out who he has on the roster that can be counted on to go in and play in case of an injury.
With all the injuries the Seahawks were too thin on backup talent on Defense in the last SB, and it cost them the title.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I thought all the backs looked solid. Brown and C-Mike look very similar, although Brown seems to be better gaining the short yards after contact.

Theoretically, these guys should get better after more reps with the OL.

I wouldn't cut any of them right now.

Rat

Reaction score
I think the RB situation is one we'll "get by" with rather than being a strength of the team. Good first game from Michael and Brown though. Not Rawlsesque, but good.

kearly

Reaction score
I know Pete thinks "pass first" is a dirty word, but it does seem like the team's run game priorities have shifted this year while Lynch has been out. Previously, the pass game complimented the run game. The Seahawks led the NFL in both 1st down rush rate and play action rate. The pass offense took deep shots to try and keep the safety out of the box.

But in 2015, the run game is complimenting the pass game. Seattle is passing more on 1st down, running way less play action, and taking fewer deep shots. Seattle still runs the ball a lot relative to other NFL teams, but the run game is more about keeping defenses honest to soften them up for the pass attack, rather than being the beating heart of the team.

For the former role, you must have an elite RB to have success. For the latter role, you just need a competent RB.

Both Michael and Brown looked capable of competence.

Michael's situation feels eerily similar to Knowshon Moreno early in 2013. A former high pick RB considered to be a huge disappointment, gets one last crack at a starting job due to a ton of injuries. And he ran with it. Moreno only really had that one nice season, but in 2013, he helped compliment Manning's elite passing offense. But when he faced an elite defense in the SB, he folded like a lawn chair. I think Michael can be very good against most defenses but against elite run defenses I don't think he has the special qualities to overcome the way Lynch has.

I do believe in our running game, as long as Wilson can continue his hot streak and make his arm the centerpiece of the offense, and as long as we don't put our hopes on Michael beating an elite run D all on his own.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
The run first also has the ability to wear defenses down because the lines and ilbs have to absorb the first strike from the oline and fbs. Seattle games were close until 2nd half or 4q when the run game and all of those assaults opened up. Now that our D isn't playing historically, we have to balance out but may make those later breakaways less common.