Bevell is a Jedi

Largent80

Reaction score
Last five games he's been maybe best ever, and doing it with replacement players in the RB and TE positions.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3t946nc4 said:
The players are making him look damn good.

And previously they made him look terrible, but you are on a witch hunt. good luck with that.

Giblien

Reaction score
FIRE...I mean...HIRE Bevell!

...did I just say that...?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Largent80":3glc089g said:
hawknation2015":3glc089g said:

And previously they made him look terrible, but you are on a witch hunt. good luck with that.

You're welcome to explain where this shit was before the bye.

Geologic

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I was calling for his head, along with Russell, for the first half of the year. Those three and outs gassed out the defense which led to fourth quarter collapses.

But man, something is clicking and I give credit to both Bevell and Russell.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":kmhfkntk said:
It's time for people to just give him some damn credit.

Why change whats working, don't want to jinx what were doing :)

sutz

Reaction score
I still think the slow starts and late season surges are intentional. It has happened too many times for it to be coincidental.

It's like in the first half, they don't really care about the record as long as we're within a game of .500. Then, they really crank it up.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10mhizs9 said:
Largent80":10mhizs9 said:
hawknation2015":10mhizs9 said:

You're welcome to explain where this shit was before the bye.
This. I'm happy with most of what we've seen since the bye, but where the hell was this quick read, quick throw, we actually have outlet receivers passing game going clear back to the Rams game in St. Looie during our SB winning year? This being "Marshawn's team" can't be the only explanation, can it?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":45iiajjz said:
hawknation2015":45iiajjz said:

/quote]

Players making the called plays, but it ABSOLUTELY IS the Players out there making him look good.
It's one thing to formulate an idea, it quite another to have the abilities to make those ideas come to fruition.
Like.....how many heads up plays did Kearse make today and how many of those were for a 3rd down conversion and for the first downs.
For the most part, Bevell is calling plays that are feasible and plays to the strengths of his Offense, but Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Tyler Lockett have been playing some extraordinary football right now.
Can't take the shine off the players and give it all to Bevell :141847_bnono:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2y0uw6hq said:
Largent80":2y0uw6hq said:
hawknation2015":2y0uw6hq said:

/quote]

Players making the called plays, but it ABSOLUTELY IS the Players out there making him look good.
It's one thing to formulate an idea, it quite another to have the abilities to make those ideas come to fruition.
Like.....how many heads up plays did Kearse make today and how many of those were for a 3rd down conversion and for the first downs.
For the most part, Bevell is calling plays that are feasible and plays to the strengths of his Offense, but Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, and Tyler Lockett have been playing some extraordinary football right now.

Why can't it be both?

Bevell is letting his players make plays. It's not over complicated or forced. Some of thes players are being put in great positions to make plays by the OC

Neither should take the shine off the other

Seanhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2m9ytumg said:
Largent80":2m9ytumg said:
hawknation2015":2m9ytumg said:

/quote]

For all the reasons given above, I hope you never had a bad thing to say about Bevell when things weren't working.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Cause/ effect relationships are extremely complex in the game of football. Someone said ^^ it almost seems intentional that we stutter coming out of the gates. It's actually an assessment phase. Always trying to see which new/ different play concepts can be adopted for specific personnel packages. There's always more failure during that phase...unfortunately for the 2015 Seahawks, that part of the schedule was very unforgiving. Lost a few games as a sacrifice in order to achieve our current level of play.

This staff is always light years ahead of the rest of the league. And it's own fan base.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Uncle Si":amsdpimb said:
scutterhawk":amsdpimb said:
Largent80":amsdpimb said:
hawknation2015":amsdpimb said:

/quote]

Why can't it be both?

Bevell is letting his players make plays. It's not over complicated or forced. Some of thes players are being put in great positions to make plays by the OC

Neither should take the shine off the other

Right. Bevell is finally putting his players in position to make good plays.

Where was this before the bye ? We don't have the best deep speed in the league. We have Lockett, but he was under utilized in the 1st half of the season, and who is that on?

Our OL was crap. 3 games into the season, it wasn't a shock that our OL was crap to anybody. Why didn't we go away from the play action deep passes that take 3 seconds to develop when our OL wasn't giving Russ that amount of time ?

Now we're showcasing routes that let our smaller, quicker players shine. "Gasp!" Now it's working.

Also a lot of it is players. Russ is getting more time to go deeper into his progressions, and that's the OL giving him time. Wilson is also trusting his OL and WRs more, which is commendable because he took such a pounding earlier in the year.

I still blame Bevell for not adjusting more quickly. All those sacks Wilson took, all those hits.....no one here (that I remember seeing) has acknowledged how truly fortunate we've been that WIlson is still upright and hasn't missed a game.

We're looking at the 5th seed. If Wilson had gotten hurt and missed 3 games, where would we be ? Hell, many of us would be rooting for draft position at this point.

I'll give credit to Bevell. He's calling stellar game plans now. So, the first half of the season, he's been Jar Jar Binks. The 2nd half, a Sith Lord. Because he's been screwing with our minds the entire time.

sutz

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":3sf0inbq said:
Cause/ effect relationships are extremely complex in the game of football. Someone said ^^ it almost seems intentional that we stutter coming out of the gates. It's actually an assessment phase. Always trying to see which new/ different play concepts can be adopted for specific personnel packages. There's always more failure during that phase...unfortunately for the 2015 Seahawks, that part of the schedule was very unforgiving. Lost a few games as a sacrifice in order to achieve our current level of play.

This staff is always light years ahead of the rest of the league. And it's own fan base.
That was me. :) I agree, it's like the first half of the season is an extension of pre-season, where the things you learn from the games is almost more important than winning. They're not planning to win, but they don't seem to care if we drop a few games at the beginning.