4 more to pass Mudbone

Seafan

Reaction score
Russ needs 4 more TD passes to set the Hawks single season record. It could happen. Never thought it would during the Pete Carroll era.

Torc

Reaction score
Makes sense that he would beat a record from the "Ground Chuck" Seahawks. :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":1obfo7hj said:
Russ needs 4 more TD passes to set the Hawks single season record. It could happen. Never thought it would during the Pete Carroll era.

I'm thinking that record was set while Warner was on IR.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Three to tie; four to break. He'll do it. And Baldwin will set the Seahawks single season receiving touchdown record in the process. Baldwin will do it next week; Russ will come down to the wire, but he'll do it. He might even take out Matt Hasselbeck's passing yardage record while he's at it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2af4hved said:
Seafan":2af4hved said:

Yup, it was 1984 and I think the Hawks went 12-4 that year.

One surprising NFL record Krieg holds is the most seasons playing *every* play at QB. It's 3 seasons. Fascinating tidbit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If you watched the Hawks back then,it is no suprise Krieg holds or held most of the QB records (he was damn good) and yes that is correct the record was set the year Warner blew his knee.Ground Chuck became Air Chuck.

byau

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1j47srbf said:
Seafan":1j47srbf said:

Yup, I remember. The whole catch phrase was that "Ground Chuck" has now turned into "Air Knox"

Dang those were two really good years, and heartbreaking when Curt Warner went down after all that anticipation in the offseason

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was the year after we beat the Dolphins *in Miami* in the playoffs and made it to the AFC Championship game as a 9-7 wildcard team. Warner down with a torn ACL in the first game, we signed Franco Harris, and then Krieg had a red-hot year. (Harris was released at midseason)

Great article about that season on Seahawks.com:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2011/05/19 ... k-air-knox

Nice article about Krieg that mentions one of my favorite games. San Diego and Air Coryell jumped to a 10-0 first quarter lead. Dave Krieg wasn't having it, and led a red-hot offensive effort that outdueled Dan Fouts.
"Last Sunday, while everybody was drooling over San Diego quarterback Dan Fouts' 440-yard passing performance, Krieg was quietly throwing for 307 yards and five touchdowns in the Seahawks' 49-35 win."
http://articles.latimes.com/1985-09-19/ ... dave-krieg

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Krieg would go from Marino to hapless buffoon every time the ball slipped out of his hands (many times with no defensive player anywhere near him). He was typical of what Seattle used to be in those days before Microsoft and grunge.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
olyfan63":wq2gjki6 said:
...we signed Franco Harris...
I was so upset when that happened. Harris had made a stench of himself in Pittsburgh by rejecting what was a great offer at the time and holding out for more. The Squeelers said OK and parted ways with him. He was acting like an entitled brat and I didn't want anything to do with him.

What made it worse for me is that was about the time Earl Campbell was on the outs in Houston, and I think we could have traded for him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":8wmcnycm said:
Krieg would go from Marino to hapless buffoon every time the ball slipped out of his hands (many times with no defensive player anywhere near him). He was typical of what Seattle used to be in those days before Microsoft and grunge.

Lol my dad used to call him Dave "small hands" Krieg. We loved to watch him, but it was either a TD pass or a fumble, hehe.

byau

Reaction score
olyfan63":3orgzxh5 said:
It was the year after we beat the Dolphins *in Miami* in the playoffs and made it to the AFC Championship game as a 9-7 wildcard team. Warner down with a torn ACL in the first game, we signed Franco Harris, and then Krieg had a red-hot year. (Harris was released at midseason)

Great article about that season on Seahawks.com:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2011/05/19 ... k-air-knox

Nice article about Krieg that mentions one of my favorite games. San Diego and Air Coryell jumped to a 10-0 first quarter lead. Dave Krieg wasn't having it, and led a red-hot offensive effort that outdueled Dan Fouts.
"Last Sunday, while everybody was drooling over San Diego quarterback Dan Fouts' 440-yard passing performance, Krieg was quietly throwing for 307 yards and five touchdowns in the Seahawks' 49-35 win."
http://articles.latimes.com/1985-09-19/ ... dave-krieg

Those are two very very good articles. Brought back lots of memories.

Lots of parallels too if you think about it. Krieg's team lost Curt Warner on the first game. Here we never really had Marshawn whether it was his injuries or the O-line.

Both QB's kind of "snuck up" on everyone.

Great find on those articles olyfan, thanks for posting!