Now that the Division is lost...

SeaWolv

Reaction score
...what are the chances the cards rest their starters in the last regular season game vs. the Hawks?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2xo4dkfr said:
...what are the chances the cards rest their starters in the last regular season game vs. the Hawks?

I'd guess they treat it like a preseason game. Probably have starters play a couple quarters and then rest.

Hawks may be in the same position. Assuming we beat STL, I don't think we will be playing for anything either.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1m9pkwli said:
It depends on whether they beat Green Bay.

Good point. If GB wins next week in Arizona, Arizona would need to beat us to make sure they lock up the #2 seed. GB can secure a bye if they win out and Arizona loses out.

The Packers play the Vikings at 10AM on week 17. So Seattle will know if they have anything to play for by the time our game with Arizona kicks off. I'm expecting GB to take care of Minnesota at home and for us to rest the starters at some point in the game.

IMO the playoff seedings have been pretty set in stone ever since Arizona beat Minnesota last week. As much as I'd love to have a good competitive game with Arizona in week 17, our players could probably use some rest before they have to go 3 straights weeks on the road to get to the SB.

NINEster

Reaction score
I think the Cardinals will play for that #2 seed and then coast for Week 17.

The Panthers would be smart to drop their final game by treating it like a preseason affair, else they run the risk of being 2007 Patriots part 2.

NINEster

Reaction score

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NINEster":gz0nnx0w said:
Hawk-Lock":gz0nnx0w said:
hawknation2015":gz0nnx0w said:
IMO the playoff seedings have been pretty set in stone ever since Arizona beat Minnesota last week. As much as I'd love to have a good competitive game with Arizona in week 17, our players could probably use some rest before they have to go 3 straights weeks on the road to get to the SB.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/6-wild ... ?a=viewall

Three of those came in the last ten years.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
NINEster":3krd242w said:
I think the Cardinals will play for that #2 seed and then coast for Week 17.

The Panthers would be smart to drop their final game by treating it like a preseason affair, else they run the risk of being 2007 Patriots part 2.

I think you're absolutely right about the Cardinals, and dead wrong about the Panthers.

If there is nothing to gain by week 17 for the Cardinals, resting guys and getting backups reps is far more important than an extra win that does nothing for standings.

If the Panthers are 15-0 however, the incentive to beat the 2007 Patriots (and the 1972 Dolphins for that matter), is a huge incentive to play well and win. They run the risk of losing a championship even if they coast the last game of the year anyway.