Marshawn doing MMA, eyeing return during regular season

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is eyeing a return to the Seattle Seahawks before the end of the regular season, according to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, who spoke with a trainer working with Lynch.

"Except for a few people inside the Seahawks organization, nobody has known where Marshawn has been until now," Glazer said on FOX NFL Sunday. "It turns out that instead of going back and rehabbing with the Seahawks, he went to San Francisco and has been training with an MMA coach named Tareq Azim. I talked to him this morning and he said 'More than anything we're trying to get the fight back with Marshawn, he's never gone through a surgery, so we're working on the mental game with him."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/20/ ... 1449049707

Last year's video of Marshawn's MMA training:
[youtube]DNPQf106bm0[/youtube]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I guess if it helps him come back I'm all for it. Brock Lesnar could kick a mean ass too but sucked at football so not sure what to take from this. Have fun ML

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
As a 45 year old ex football guy trying to teach himself tennis, its all about footwork. Something I never had learned as a ot or de

Mma or not this guys focus on footwork is appealing. ML football knowledge with the fitness and coordination that these work outs should give should keep the rust off

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hes been doing MMA in the offseason for a couple years. Much of the benefit is in the initial burst of going for a take down. Also balance when you get caught in a scrum.