Is there any scenario?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes.

We beat Washington in Wildcard Round, then beat Arizona in Divisional..................and Minnesota beats GB in Wildcard and Carolina in Divisional.

Hello NFC Championship Game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":14tebxi8 said:
Yes.

We beat Washington in Wildcard Round, then beat Arizona in Divisional..................and Minnesota beats GB in Wildcard and Carolina in Divisional.

Not as far fetched as it may seem at first glance.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
More realistic way this happens is if GB stumbles (would take losing their last two) and loses the division to the Vikings, becomes the 6 seed and beats the Vikes and Panthers in their first two games.

JonRud

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1upw7rgp said:
More realistic way this happens is if GB stumbles (would take losing their last two) and loses the division to the Vikings, becomes the 6 seed and beats the Vikes and Panthers in their first two games.

Correct. There is almost no chance the Vikings could win two road playoff games but the Packers would have at least a chance to do this with Rodgers.

seahawksny

Reaction score
if at seasons end ,we are 5th seed and 6th seed is still alive, then yes.
most likely will be green bay or minnesotta

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":msydkswb said:
Yes.

Pretty much this....without being team specific, We need to be the number 5 seed, then we need to hope the number 6 seed wins their first two games, coupled with our winning we'd be home field for the championship game.

Obviously odds are that we will be on the road through the playoffs, making the upcoming Rams game our home finale this season, but it's not 100% yet so there's still hope.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":114ycasf said:
Sgt. Largent":114ycasf said:
Yes.

Well...............I honestly don't think Minnesota can beat any playoff team, unless something horrible happens to guys like Rodgers and/or Cam (and 1/2 the Panther's defense).

Possible? Sure. Likely? Errrr

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1fi3svk8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1fi3svk8 said:
Yes.

Minnesota doing that?

In other words, no....

That's OK though, we going all the way anyway!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3aomkjnd said:
Yes.

Well, so you're telling me there's a chance?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":5kw7ym3n said:
Sgt. Largent":5kw7ym3n said:
Yes.

Well, so you're telling me there's a chance?

0.0003%

Polaris

Reaction score
IMHO the most 'reaiistic' way that Seattle could host a playoff game would be for Green Bay to lose out and Seattle to win out. That would make Green Bay the #6 seed and Seattle the #5 seed. Green Bay would go to Minny (which I think they can win) and Seattle would go to NFC East (prob Washington) which I believe they not only could but should win. Green Bay would go to Carolina and Seattle would go to Arizona and both Wild Cards could win those games as well.

If all that happens, Seattle hosts Green Bay for the NFC Championship. I think this is far more realistic (admittedly not very) than having Minny make a playoff run (IMHO not happening).

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mvdrgrb said:

I think the Vikings matchup pretty well with Arizona if they get that far. They outplayed AZ in week 14 and found a way to lose.

Green Bay is very random week to week, there have been a lot of weeks this year where I think Minnesota could have beaten them. Bridgewater has been heating up lately after getting punked against Seattle. I think for Minnesota a lot depends on when their injured defensive players get back.

I think Green Bay is the biggest paper tiger in the NFC. They are a 8-6 caliber team with a 10-4 record. I wouldn't be surprised if Green Bay lost their last two games (which would be bad news for the Hawks).

AZ_fan

Reaction score
kearly":1v6whmze said:
Hasselbeck":1v6whmze said:

I think the Vikings matchup pretty well with Arizona if they get that far. They outplayed AZ in week 14 and found a way to lose.

It isn't anything I'm worried about... teams usually look a little off on Thursday nights... something about it being a short week.

It's a good thing "almost L" doesn't count in the standings.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1mc34k1c said:
kearly":1mc34k1c said:
Hasselbeck":1mc34k1c said:

It isn't anything I'm worried about... teams usually look a little off on Thursday nights... something about it being a short week.

It's a good thing "almost L" doesn't count in the standings.

Yeah I don't give the Vikings a chance in hell to beat the Packers, Panthers or Cards, unless there's some fo serious injuries during the last two weeks to even out the playing field.

It's nice to dream of a home game, but if we're going back to the SB, it's Road Warrior go time.

5750455076 054df061ca

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Every Viking fan I know out here would prefer to play the Cardinals to every team in the playoffs not from the NFC East... There is a lot about that matchup they feel confident about.

And now their QB is playing well... hard to say they don't have a chance against anyone. I could see them winning out and taking the North.

Only thing they haven't done is beat a "good" team.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":34uinzey said:
Every Viking fan I know out here would prefer to play the Cardinals to every team in the playoffs not from the NFC East... There is a lot about that matchup they feel confident about.

And now their QB is playing well... hard to say they don't have a chance against anyone. I could see them winning out and taking the North.

Honey Badger is out for the year... torn ACL but at least it's not a repeat of last year with Palmer.

A horrible blow for the D but we'll step up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":c0c1fqll said:

This is my problem with the Vikings. Every year there's an overrated team or two with a great record in the playoffs because of their schedule, not who they beat. Usually it's the Colts cause they play in a dumpster fire of a division.

This year it's the Vikings. Solid D (when healthy), but very pedestrian offense led by a very young inexperienced QB who in the playoffs is going up against veteran playoff coaches and experienced teams. A VERY bad combo.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahawks have had the luxury of home field advantage the last 2 years. To me, I'm very happy we have to get in through the back door. we've played extremely well on the road for quite a while.