Who will be the #1 & #2 RB's week one next year?

Who will be the #1 & #2 RB's week one next year?

• 1. Lynch & Rawls?

Votes: 48 29.8%
  • 2. Rawls & Cmike?

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • 3. Rawks & draft pick?

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • 4. Rawls & outside veteran?

Votes: 12 7.5%

• Total voters

2_0_6

Reaction score
Just seeing what you guys/gals think we will see week #1 next season? I'd like to have Lynch back, but I don't think he will given his salary. If he doesn't return, I would like to go sign Alfred Morris to help solidify the backfield if the price is right.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Rawls and 3rd round pick Devonte Booker.

Although I hope we get one more year out of Lynch, then we can draft Royce Freeman in 2017 and have the Rawls Royce backfield.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":26qips9v said:

Although I hope we get one more year out of Lynch, then we can draft Royce Freeman in 2017 and have the Rawls Royce backfield.

I'll pass on Booker. In college football five yards a carry is like what four yards a carry is in the NFL. And Booker reached 5.0 YPC in only three games this season. He looks good against tired defenses and that's about it.

Freeman though is a legit talent, and would nicely compliment Rawls in Seattle's imitation of the "DVD" (Dunn, Vick, Duckett) offense. Only problem is that Freeman will probably go in the top 40 picks, and I don't think Seattle would take a #2 RB that high.

I voted for the Rawls / Michael option. Its still early though, and Lynch still has a chance to play himself back into the 2016 plans.

Tical21

Reaction score
How many times have we counted out Lynch? I'll believe it when I see it. He's going to come in and play in the playoffs and play well and give us a reminder that you don't disassociate with one of the best players in the NFL in the middle of your championship window.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":2mqrwh0t said:
How many times have we counted out Lynch? I'll believe it when I see it. He's going to come in and play in the playoffs and play well and give us a reminder that you don't disassociate with one of the best players in the NFL in the middle of your championship window.

Man, I hope you're right.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I voted Rawls and C-Mike.

I don't believe Lynch or Fred Jackson will be back next year and I don't envision us trading or finding a stud starter in FA. Even if we draft a rookie RB who looks dominant, he will very likely be the 3rd back on the menu to start the season.

Going to be interesting for sure.

hawker84

Reaction score
I love everything that Lynch has done and will hopefully do more of for this team, but his running style has to take a toll on the body over time, and I think the wear and tear may have finally caught up with him.

As much as I'd like to see Lynch healthy and back next year sharing the load with rawls, I think the writing is on the wall. I voted for Rawls and hopefully C Mike has turned the corner and can finally reach his potential as a dangerous back.

Having said all that, if Lynch wants to come back and give it one last go, I think he's earned it....

Ozzy

Reaction score
Really hoping Michael solidifies himself the rest of the year causing us to be really excited about a Rawls/Michael backfield. That's a best case scenario for this year and next.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tical21":28hq4ldp said:

Yea, I voted Lynch and Rawls. Lynch is one of the best RB's for playoff performance in history. I won't count him out.

It also depends on cap issues. If we need his money, Lynch is gone anyways, If he comes back strong and the FO expected to pay him next year, Lynch and Rawls is more likely.

I give it a 50/50 chance of Lynch Rawls, or Rawls/Michael. Michael doesn't have to show anything more than he already did, plus the attitude adjustment, to stay on the team.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2mp5d4ur said:
c mike has one ok game vs a horrible defence and now hes marshawns replacement.. ya ok...

No.
Lynch's replacement would be Rawls, and Michael would become "Turbin". That said, i voted for a draft pick or undrafted pick, but could see him possibly being backup.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1autx50z said:

Ah, finally got on the Booker train. About time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm asking myself, why is Lynch training his ass off right now, if only to call it quits when this Seasons Seahawks is over.
I doubt it's so he can go out on a high note, but with a prideful guy like Marshawn, he may be doing just that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Knowing what we know about Lynch do you think he would concede anything?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would put money down that this is Lynch's final year. He was thinking about retiring in 2013, then 2014 and the lure of that elusive 2nd SB ring is what I believe has been the only thing keeping him on our roster in 2015. Now that he's spent most of the season sidelined with various ailments and injury, I have a hard time believing he will want to come back in 2016, regardless of how this season finishes up.

I think Rawls will be our new #1 RB with possibly CMike backing him up IF he proves his worth over the next few weeks.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Tical21":2phivtfd said:

I think our success will determine the future. I really believe when we go back to the big dance this year, that will be beast modes final act. Should the inconceivable happen and we get eliminated before that, it may sting Pete and co. enough to hold onto lynch. Just my gut.

A third straight super bowl appearance ensures dynasty status and at that point you have to play your cards through innovation to keep up with the league. An elder lynch handcuffs our ability to keep pieces together and sign new, whereas rawls gives us the best of all worlds. Young, healthy, cheap, hungry, zero drop off. Did i mention hungry?. Using the money saved from lynch wisely combined with draft upgrades and we could roll into next season in uncharted territory, in terms of franchise success. Four straight super bowls in this era is just crazy talk.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2l3y9a4t said:
I would put money down that this is Lynch's final year. He was thinking about retiring in 2013, then 2014 and the lure of that elusive 2nd SB ring is what I believe has been the only thing keeping him on our roster in 2015. Now that he's spent most of the season sidelined with various ailments and injury, I have a hard time believing he will want to come back in 2016, regardless of how this season finishes up.

I think Rawls will be our new #1 RB with possibly CMike backing him up IF he proves his worth over the next few weeks.

This is interesting though Aros. If Lynch played this whole season and ended up winning, it's probably certain he would have retired.

However, now that team has allowed him to have surgery and properly take rest. He might be back next year. I wouldn't doubt it and I know the team would LOVE for him to be back.

This year essentially has gone by for him with very minimal touches and he will probably feel the healthiest he has this next off-season in many years.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":24105nul said:
Aros":24105nul said:

This is interesting though Aros. If Lynch played this whole season and ended up winning, it's probably certain he would have retired.

However, now that team has allowed him to have surgery and properly take rest. He might be back next year. I wouldn't doubt it and I know the team would LOVE for him to be back.

This year essentially has gone by for him with very minimal touches and he will probably feel the healthiest he has this next off-season in many years.

Let's start off with the fact that Lynch is a competitor. We don't know what goes through the man's mind as he marches to the beat of a different drum than most of us, but sitting on the sidelines and not taking the wear and tear might fire him up for another year. Watch him on the sidelines. He's animated and roots on his team mates, especially Rawls.

That said, he's due, what...12 million next year ? That might be the most he's ever made in a year in the NFL. That's a hell of an incentive to come back.