The NFL/AP should be ashamed for not giving us our accolades

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
No executive of the year. No Coach of the year and probably no MVP of the year either this year.

The ASSOCIATED PRESS is a joke when it comes to personal accolades.

I wonder if ASSOCIATED PRESS has something stuck up theirs since PA doesn't attend many meetings or is not so heavily involved like their whipping boys Mara/Kraft/Jones are.

Even though we've been the best team in football the past 3 years....Shame on AP/NFL and Co...Shame on you.....

Cartire

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3ui4tia7 said:
No executive of the year. No Coach of the year and probably no MVP of the year either this year.

The NFL is a joke when it comes to personal accolades.

I wonder if NFL ownership has something stuck up theirs since PA doesn't attend many meetings or is not so heavily involved like their whipping boys Mara/Kraft/Jones are.

Even though we've been the best team in football the past 3 years....Shame on Rodger and Co...Shame on you.....

The NFL doesnt give out any of those awards. The AP does.

/rant denied

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2k48vrkt said:
ApnaHawk":2k48vrkt said:

I wonder if NFL ownership has something stuck up theirs since PA doesn't attend many meetings or is not so heavily involved like their whipping boys Mara/Kraft/Jones are.

Even though we've been the best team in football the past 3 years....Shame on Rodger and Co...Shame on you.....

The NFL doesnt give out any of those awards. The AP does.

/rant denied

Well shoot, I'll change it then buddy.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1sc5xfrp said:

Our guys KNOW they're good and have higher aspirations than individual awards. If Baalke can win exec of the year, is it REALLY that prestigious of an award?

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":3dsuiedw said:
ApnaHawk":3dsuiedw said:

Our guys KNOW they're good and have higher aspirations than individual awards. If Baalke can win exec of the year, is it REALLY that prestigious of an award?

I'm sure they don't. However, respect should be given to those who have earned it and our boys have.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":6gk4r7m8 said:
Awards never go to who they should go to.

:sarcasm_on:
Miss Colombia is that you? :lol:

:sarcasm_off:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":j4p23ti6 said:

The ASSOCIATED PRESS is a joke when it comes to personal accolades.

I wonder if ASSOCIATED PRESS has something stuck up theirs since PA doesn't attend many meetings or is not so heavily involved like their whipping boys Mara/Kraft/Jones are.

Even though we've been the best team in football the past 3 years....Shame on AP/NFL and Co...Shame on you.....

I don't think you know what "whipping boy" means.

chris98251

Reaction score
Schneider just needs to sign Brett Farve, worked for Elway, Worked for the Cards, Worked for the Colts when they drafted he who can walk on water and gives to all defensives a chance to return a pick six.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I'll take a Super Bowl. The rest will work itself out.
Kind of like the year Sherman didn't make the Pro Bowl yet was first team All Pro.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Kind of like the year Sherman didn't make the Pro Bowl yet was first team All Pro.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3fats4gc said:

You can say that again...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Makes sense to me, as most awards are not given for long-term performance. They are a yearly, 'what-have-you-done-for-me-lately' recognition that is tied to W-L record more than anything else. And if you remember, we weren't exactly lighting it up in the first part of the season.

Rob12

Reaction score
I honestly don't know why fans care about this crap.

We don't need accolades given to the team from Northern Alaska, or wherever in the hell Seattle is.

Two SB's in two years, the most talented roster in the league, and primed for another deep postseason run.

To quote our QB, the rest is just noise.

Barthawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":28mz0fu7 said:
ApnaHawk":28mz0fu7 said:

Same with Ryan Grigson.. Colts purposely suck and put guys on the IR to lose enough to get Luck and have a great season under him.. they are a dumpster fire two seasons later.. Elway as well.. since when is signing checks considered a great GM.. drafting, scouting etc is what makes a great GM as well as winning.. Hawks do a better job finding UDFAs then they do finding quality at the top of the draft (outside of Irvin/Wagner)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The ultimate compliment in football is to be a championship team with no players receiving individual awards.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Anything that might help piss our guys off and see them play harder in the playoffs is OK with me.