Seahawks have #2 offense in the NFL per DVOA

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The team overall is #1 in both DVOA and weighred DVOA. The offense is #2 (behind Pittsburgh) in the NFL. The defense is #5. Special teams #9.

LINK: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings

And this is with a work-in-progress O-line for half the season plus Jimmy Graham, Paul Richardson and Marshawn Lynch (and now Thomas Rawls) getting injured.

The #2 offense in the league people.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So you're saying you're going to propose to Bevell at the end of the season English ?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
#3 Pass Offense.

Better than New England and Pittsburgh.

Tell me more about how you want Josh McDaniels, Norm Chow and Joe friggin' Philbin.

200 s

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawks46":3plenbh8 said:
So you're saying you're going to propose to Bevell at the end of the season English ?

Could happen, he is Mormon and they can have more then 1 wife. :179422:

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Probably the most glaring thing that sticks out about that list is only 2 of the 13 teams listed won the Super Bowl...

... the 1991 Redskins and 2013 Seahawks.

One other team made it to the game and lost... the 18-0 Patriots.

Polaris

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2fpseisn said:
Probably the most glaring thing that sticks out about that list is only 2 of the 13 teams listed won the Super Bowl...

Which means that 4 out of 13 made it to the Superbowl which is actually a pretty good indicator as such things go. Funny how Arizona fans couldn't stop talking about DVOA earlier in the season. I'll leave it at that.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Polaris":atge4xi2 said:
AZ_fan":atge4xi2 said:

Which means that 4 out of 13 made it to the Superbowl which is actually a pretty good indicator as such things go. Funny how Arizona fans couldn't stop talking about DVOA earlier in the season. I'll leave it at that.

As I said in the other thread... none of them were me.

I've never once mentioned DVOA in any of my posts.

I guess DVOA is the be all end all of sports statistics now...

Alexander

Reaction score
Seymour":3etljwer said:
Hawks46":3etljwer said:

I guess you haven't checked the news since 1890.

Polaris

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1ifl32ee said:
Polaris":1ifl32ee said:
AZ_fan":1ifl32ee said:

Nope, but of all the advanced metrics, I find it's the most reliable and most neutral, and it has a good track record going back more than a decade. Frankly when it comes to evaluating who is better than whom in the NFL (as opposed to who has the better record), I have found it to be the gold standard (and so has most of the knowledgeable fans in the NFL). The PFF ratings are right up there as well and IMHO should be looked at together.

Alexander

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2fe8kqnu said:
Polaris":2fe8kqnu said:
AZ_fan":2fe8kqnu said:

Personally, I think it's the single best team statistic in football. It would be really cool for the team to finish #1 for the fourth year in a row, as it speaks to the quality and consistency of the team under Pete Carroll. The relative lack of Super Bowl winners isn't any more meaningful than the struggles of top-2 seeded teams before the last couple of years. It just means there are other good teams out there, several of which have a much easier path to the Super Bowl (including the Cardinals, who will probably finish #2 in DVOA).

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seymour":2t4jkl8k said:
Hawks46":2t4jkl8k said:

Well played sir, well played.

I find it interesting that we have almost identical DVOA to our 2012 team, and our seasonal arcs are almost identical as well.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Polaris":2j7q2fy0 said:
Nope, but of all the advanced metrics, I find it's the most reliable and most neutral, and it has a good track record going back more than a decade. Frankly when it comes to evaluating who is better than whom in the NFL (as opposed to who has the better record), I have found it to be the gold standard (and so has most of the knowledgeable fans in the NFL). The PFF ratings are right up there as well and IMHO should be looked at together.

I'll have to look into both of them a bit more...

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade I just don't put a lot of stock into statistics beyond W's and L's.... old school I guess.

Cheers.

Alexander":2j7q2fy0 said:
Personally, I think it's the single best team statistic in football. It would be really cool for the team to finish #1 for the fourth year in a row, as it speaks to the quality and consistency of the team under Pete Carroll. The relative lack of Super Bowl winners isn't any more meaningful than the struggles of top-2 seeded teams before the last couple of years. It just means there are other good teams out there, several of which have a much easier path to the Super Bowl (including the Cardinals, who will probably finish #2 in DVOA).

Point taken.. I'll check it out.

Alexander

Reaction score
Polaris":170c6yb8 said:
AZ_fan":170c6yb8 said:
Polaris":170c6yb8 said:
AZ_fan":170c6yb8 said:

I also like FiveThirtyEight's ELO rating. All of these, plus the eye test, say that Seattle, Arizona, and Carolina are the heavyweights in the NFC. What I like about DVOA in particular, though, is that it's able to see past the short term narrative. Seattle never got too low in the rankings, even when they were in the midst that bad stretch of blown 4th quarter leads.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Alexander":2l94220w said:
I also like FiveThirtyEight's ELO rating. All of these, plus the eye test, say that Seattle, Arizona, and Carolina are the heavyweights in the NFC. What I like about DVOA in particular, though, is that it's able to see past the short term narrative. Seattle never got too low in the rankings, even when they were in the midst that bad stretch of blown 4th quarter leads.

ELO I know a little about... I'm a chess player and that's where it originated. :th2thumbs:

Rob12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2ckflf9p said:
The team overall is #1 in both DVOA and weighred DVOA. The offense is #2 (behind Pittsburgh) in the NFL. The defense is #5. Special teams #9.

LINK: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings

And this is with a work-in-progress O-line for half the season plus Jimmy Graham, Paul Richardson and Marshawn Lynch (and now Thomas Rawls) getting injured.

The #2 offense in the league people.

So many folks were wrong about Darrell Bevell - myself included.

Amazing what this offense has done.

captSE

Reaction score
REPENT all you Bevell haters. Repent while there's still a chance to save your souls.

Can I get an amen......

:sarcasm_off:

Rob12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":21973mbe said:
9-5. Wild card.

You're such a good poster on this site Montana, but I don't know why you sink to this. Going off of a brutal schedule, losing Lynch, losing Graham, losing Rawls, having to break in a green offensive line during that brutal stretch in the schedule... Come on man, do better. This team was 2-4 at one time, and has gone 7-1 since.

Don't be that spoiled Seahawks fan. Given your posts, it doesn't fit you. It really, really doesn't fit you.

If you expect 12-14 win seasons and HFA every year, you haven't watched enough football over the years. This team has battled and battled in what I consider the most turbulent season in the PC era, and they're in a great position to get back to the Owl. What more do you want, or think you're entitled to?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":34q0m4uc said:
MontanaHawk05":34q0m4uc said:
9-5. Wild card.

You're such a good poster on this site Montana, but I don't know why you sink to this. Going off of a brutal schedule, losing Lynch, losing Graham, losing Rawls, having to break in a green offensive line during that brutal stretch in the schedule... Come on man, do better. This team was 2-4 at one time, and has gone 7-1 since.

Don't be that spoiled Seahawks fan. Given your posts, it doesn't fit you. It really, really doesn't fit you.

If you expect 12-14 win seasons and HFA every year, you haven't watched enough football over the years. This team has battled and battled in what I consider the most turbulent season in the PC era, and they're in a great position to get back to the Owl. What more do you want, or think you're entitled to?
Who says he's a good poster? Hasn't done much for me to tell you the truth.