Earl Thomas?

King Dog

Reaction score
Is Earl a little off this year or maybe a little injured? I'm not saying he's been bad, but in previous years when someone breaks through our primary containment I'm usually like "holy s*&$ where did Earl come from on that play." I haven't seen that as much this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My gut feeling is he has never been at 100% coming off his injury. There was also a very telling conversation he had with the local media earlier in the year about how he admitted he wasn't sure he had the fire to play the game like he had in years past. Although I believe that fire has returned, that was a moment of truth-telling that is rare in the NFL.

I think this run we've been on in the second half of the season has returned that fire and he and the entire team are in that unstoppable "Playing For My Brothers" mode.

The real question is how long will it last? They are human beings like the rest of us and subjected to a host of emotional ups and downs based on many factors during the course of a season.

He wasn't himself - not unlike the rest of the team - in the first half of the season. But now it seems like both he, and the rest of the boys got their swag back.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":1pijg8nr said:
My gut feeling is he has never been at 100% coming off his injury. There was also a very telling conversation he had with the local media earlier in the year about how he admitted he wasn't sure he had the fire to play the game like he had in years past. Although I believe that fire has returned, that was a moment of truth-telling that is rare in the NFL.

I think this run we've been on in the second half of the season has returned that fire and he and the entire team are in that unstoppable "Playing For My Brothers" mode.

The real question is how long will it last? They are human beings like the rest of us and subjected to a host of emotional ups and downs based on many factors during the course of a season.

He wasn't himself - not unlike the rest of the team - in the first half of the season. But now it seems like both he, and the rest of the boys got their swag back.
Let's hope the feeling "lasts" through February. ;)

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I really hope Earl Thomas is back to his normal self in the next 6 weeks or so, because we are going to face some bad ass QBs starting with Sean Mannion (jk) then ... Palmer, (Rogers?), Newton, Brady ... wow.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2bvuzv8b said:
Is Earl a little off this year or maybe a little injured? I'm not saying he's been bad, but in previous years when someone breaks through our primary containment I'm usually like "holy s*&$ where did Earl come from on that play." I haven't seen that as much this year.
Could be a combination of injury from last Season, and a stuttering of Secondary changes from the last two Seasons.
It looked to me like he and Sherman were both trying to compensate for all the other players that were coming and going, and it spread them out too much.
Thinking about what Sherman was saying last Season...Something about playing their "Assignments", well that's pretty hard to do when guys are coming and going, hitting and missing....Continuity is crucial back there, as you need to be able to count on your buddies to COVER.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pretty sure he's still playing with the should brace on.