Wild Card playoff fans Travel plans

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am opening this thread as I am interested to go to at least one playoff game this year if it happens on the road. I wanted to see who else will be interested to go or figure out and put all the information in this thread.

I know we won't know anything until we know who our opponents are, but the Wildcard round will be

Redskins DC
Philadelphia
NY

Wondering who is thinking of traveling where:)

JonRud

Reaction score
it's also possible we could play in Minnesota or GB if we drop to the #6 seed. Unlikely but things can happen. if the Cards lose to the Packers this week then they will need to play ALL OUT vs. the Hawks in Week 17 to secure a bye. that will be a tough game for the Hawks.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I don't think we can go to GB until the championship game. It's most likely the Skins, Philly or remotely possible Minnesota. None scare me.

I live near Philly and its about the only place I wouldn't go to see the Hawks. The fans are straight up A-holes. I've been to the Giants game in 2014 (the shutout game before we won the SB) and the fans were great, of course they sucked so they really didn't seem to care at all that we took over their stadium.

But I'd be in for a Washington road trip!

andyh64000

Reaction score
I was thinking about booking a milage ticket to IAD just in case (I already booked SFO flights and hotel for super bowl weekend) but from what I remember Redskin tickets are very difficult to get and I would assume even moreso for a playoff game.

kmeleon

Reaction score
kmeleon":21huxzs5 said:
I don't think we can go to GB until the championship game. It's most likely the Skins, Philly or remotely possible Minnesota. None scare me.

I live near Philly and its about the only place I wouldn't go to see the Hawks. The fans are straight up A-holes. I've been to the Giants game in 2014 (the shutout game before we won the SB) and the fans were great, of course they sucked so they really didn't seem to care at all that we took over their stadium.

But I'd be in for a Washington road trip!

Wait! What the hell am I talking about?!?! I'm in Aruba for WC weekend :th2thumbs: Boy, I need to get my sh!t together :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
S

seahawks08

Reaction score
The game could be Saturday or Sunday, I am thinking of booking a mileage ticket as well. Probably need to pull the trigger, I was wondering maybe after this weekend's game things will get more clearer or hopefully we will know who we play by then. Its always good to get a two weeks in advance notice to plan everything out, but oh well, it will be fun to go on a roadtrip even though it would mean flying rather than being on the road.

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
I'm planning on going to a playoff game...I'm thinking Wild Card and potentially Super Bowl assuming it happens.

OP
OP
S

seahawks08

Reaction score
NorthVanHawker":2l5gcfhy said:
I'm planning on going to a playoff game...I'm thinking Wild Card and potentially Super Bowl assuming it happens.
We know wild card will happen, I am also almost certain we will go to the SB.

JonRud

Reaction score
seahawks08":3amyn0kf said:
The game could be Saturday or Sunday, I am thinking of booking a mileage ticket as well. Probably need to pull the trigger, I was wondering maybe after this weekend's game things will get more clearer or hopefully we will know who we play by then. Its always good to get a two weeks in advance notice to plan everything out, but oh well, it will be fun to go on a roadtrip even though it would mean flying rather than being on the road.

I'm pretty sure the only way we will know who the Seahawks play in the wildcard round after this weekend is if the following occurs:

Redskins beat Eagles - win NFC East

Seahawks beat Rams
Packers beat Cardinals
Giants beat Vikings

In this scenario, the Hawks would clinch the #5 seed and play the #4 Redskins.

If the Eagles win then the NFC East will come down to Week 17. And if the other 3 games don't fall exactly as shown above then the #5 or #6 spot will still be up for grabs as will the NFC North Champion (Min at GB in Week 17). I think the scenario above is the only way the Hawks 1st round matchup will be set in stone.