For Revenge, I want the Seahawks

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Good to see the Redskin fans still hate us. They seem to think we all marveled at the death of Sean Taylor. I really hope we play them again :th2thumbs:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/397322-for ... -seahawks/

I know the eagles game is a must win. and I believe we will win. and if things shake out the way I want them to. we will play at home against the seahawks. this is the matchup I want. I want them for revenge. I want them for beating us. may not be the easiest of games the way they are playing. but I want another shot at them with a QB that is not 3/4 broken down. you talk a bout a measuring stick. win that game and we are the team everyone will be talking about.
hail
sbb

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mort

Reaction score
There are some more realistic fans as well. :D
I'd prefer to actually win a playoff game, so under no circumstances do I want the Seahawks. They are the number one team I don't want to face in the NFC. Revenge is great and all, but I'd prefer to get it when we are more well equipped to do so.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
mort":2jzzs5b3 said:
I'd prefer to actually win a playoff game, so under no circumstances do I want the Seahawks. They are the number one team I don't want to face in the NFC. Revenge is great and all, but I'd prefer to get it when we are more well equipped to do so.

Beating them in that shit stadium with their owner and fans is maybe a slight (and only slight) step down from beating the Cowboys and Raiders 4 times in the playoffs. I would love to see them in the first round.

byau

Reaction score
The entire thread is a good read. Most of the responses in the thread are good, humorous, and reasonable.

Two of my favorite responses:

You're starting to sound like the kid at the ball game that tells the other kid that his dad is going to beat up his dad except his dad looks like Dolph Lundgren and your dad just got his gym membership last weekend.

and

generator woah bro pump the brakes b8a759 645x356

Youre right the Eagles is a must win game. So lets focus on that and not the fact if we lose this week...which could very well happen we may be out of the playoffs.

At the same time, I'm cautiously optimist too (ahem --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120065 )

Basis4day

Reaction score
I want no part of that stadium. Still pissed about Clem's knee.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Basis4day":qnshgjfb said:

I'm with you.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":nk1tb3s2 said:
mort":nk1tb3s2 said:

Beating them in that shit stadium with their owner and fans is maybe a slight (and only slight) step down from beating the Cowboys and Raiders 4 times in the playoffs. I would love to see them in the first round.
But the best of all would be to beat the Stealers in the Super Bowl.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aros":3hvrmgdn said:
Basis4day":3hvrmgdn said:

I'm with you.

Yep yep. While I don't see the Redskins as being a terribly fear-inspiring team in the playoffs, their field most definitely is. Nothing like seeing your championship hopes go up in smoke because of factors directly stemming from injuries suffered because of someone else's crappy facilities.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I just watched some Redskins all-22.

Of late, they are in a rhythm. Lots of offensive potential, and a high percentage short pass game that takes the occasional shot, tight end centric, Cousins has a weaker arm philip rivers feel to him right now. Morris isn't the type of guy who causes problems for the Hawks, but Matt Jones kind of is. And Reed, well tight end is not a strength for this team right now.

All in all a respectable team that plays very, very well at home.

I would still expect a Seattle win, Cousins would have to keep pace with our offense, and their D is a pretty easy matchup for our O.
But there is a very definite early pete Carroll era feel to them and the way they play.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2yilw0x8 said:
seahawk12thman":2yilw0x8 said:
mort":2yilw0x8 said:

But the best of all would be to beat the Stealers in the Super Bowl.

I think the Hawks and Stealers WILL play each other in the Super Bowl. The only team I feared was the Cardinals till Honey Badger went down. That is too big a loss in my opinion.

byau

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2zrgz3a0 said:
I think the Hawks and Stealers WILL play each other in the Super Bowl. The only team I feared was the Cardinals till Honey Badger went down. That is too big a loss in my opinion.

I thought this at first when the resurgent Chris Johnson went down, only to be replaced by a 3rd stringer who ends up being all-world.

Very curious to watch the Cards this weekend and the next-man-up in their secondary.

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Basis4day":f54k67z8 said:
I forgot about that crap field! Did they ever replace the sand in it? What a dump! I honestly don't care who, where or how we play. Just ram that ball down their throat and win.

byau

Reaction score
So with that in mind, what if we got the #6 seed instead and went to Lambeau? The Vikings go to Redskins.

On one hand, the Redskins have momentum and a crap field

On the other hand, a suspect Packers team lacking momentum, and they've already lost a few at Lambeau

Plus even though no game is more important than the next, you gotta think the Seahawks are itching to redeem that loss back in week 2 and might be more up for a game against the Packers instead of a possible trap game against the poor reputation of the NFC East

Boycie

Reaction score
byau":3vi3it8u said:
So with that in mind, what if we got the #6 seed instead and went to Lambeau? The Vikings go to Redskins.

On the other hand, a suspect Packers team lacking momentum, and they've already lost a few at Lambeau

Plus even though no game is more important than the next, you gotta think the Seahawks are itching to redeem that loss back in week 2 and might be more up for a game against the Packers instead of a possible trap game against the poor reputation of the NFC East

That was before McCarthy took over the O play calling. They will be better than they have shown over the last 6 weeks.

byau

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":37t3gkmb said:
byau":37t3gkmb said:

That was before McCarthy took over the O play calling. They will be better than they have shown over the last 6 weeks.

Not sure I agree. Seems McCarthy and Rodgers don't get along.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
byau":32w1axem said:

Aaron Rodgers is always capable of having a 300 yard, 3 or 4 TD game. I don't care what slump they may have had in the middle of the year.. they are going to be a dangerous team.

I'd much rather face Philly or Washington.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":2wj0lyi7 said:
Basis4day":2wj0lyi7 said:

I'm with you.

Yup, same here. With our luck this year, Lynch would make it back only to tear his ACL on that field.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":33ez8xb0 said:

Of late, they are in a rhythm. Lots of offensive potential, and a high percentage short pass game that takes the occasional shot, tight end centric, Cousins has a weaker arm philip rivers feel to him right now. Morris isn't the type of guy who causes problems for the Hawks, but Matt Jones kind of is. And Reed, well tight end is not a strength for this team right now.

I would still expect a Seattle win, Cousins would have to keep pace with our offense, and their D is a pretty easy matchup for our O.
But there is a very definite early pete Carroll era feel to them and the way they play.
So do you think they win the division Scott? No way Philly beats them?

I do think it's the Skins myself. Philly is such a shitshow. Go Chipster!

Polaris

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3j2l639t said:
Scottemojo":3j2l639t said:

So do you think they win the division Scott? No way Philly beats them?

I do think it's the Skins myself. Philly is such a shitshow. Go Chipster!

I think there is a very good chance Philly beats them. Washington is simply not the same team on the road that they are at home. That said, a Wash win wouldn't shock me either.