All three priors, who do you want ?

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
I think it's pretty intriguing that all 3 prior Superbowl opponents are looking good in the AFC. If the `Hawks make it to the Owl, who would you like to face most?

I think New England would be most epic.
Pittsburg is my most hated franchise in sports so they'd be good, plus the whole XL thing
As long as we get there, Denver would be fine as well. I'll never get tired of sticking it to Elway.

The Pats exorcise the most demons though.

what say you?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
New England.

The stealers were during a different regime.

I want NE and I want Edelman to play.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Patriots by a Saharan MILE!
I want, no, We (team /city /fans, etc.) NEED that sweet, delicious redemption! Now I know & understand that the Cheats are a well coached team, with a monster QB. But IMHO, those assholes had NO business winning that trophy, gottdammit! Plus, I don't like ANYTHING about the greater New England/Boston area, so there's that. But back on track, hopefully WHEN we stomp on their heads, it's in the same Blowout fashion, or better, than "43-8"!!!

The punk ass Pissburgh Stealers would have to be my second choice, but more so for my own, personal reasons. I mean, none of the current Hawks squad were even there for XL's* WWE style, scripted, LEAGUE mandated debacle.

Quorthon13

Reaction score
I don't want to see the Pats at all .... I hope they are one and done. Any other AFC team would be better. They have shown they are coming up with ever more creative ways to cheat and even using court to get away with it(We did get that EPIC court pic of Brady though). And in the super bowl, even small things can make a difference like when they ignored concussion protocol for Julian Endelman when he was knocked out (Seahawks followed rules and sat Cliff). :pukeface:

Other then Big Ben, I don't really dislike any Stealers any more, so I guess 2nd choice would be them. :thirishdrinkers:

Honestly I don't really dislike the Broncos anymore, so of the 3 I'd prefer them - Let Brock and Peyton enjoy the 2 weeks leading up to the game. ;-) It'd be fun to see Peyton get 50 questions about SB 48. :0190l:

I know it wasn't on the list, but I was hoping the Colts would make it, looks like they are starting to fade though, The Hass still had the magic for a few games though..... :les:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't really care who it is, let's just get there. We gotta get through AZ, GB & CAR first. And bring them the hell on.

Rob12

Reaction score
New England, with the Steelers coming in a close second.

But handing Tom Brady a loss would be sweet. He gets credited for another SB win when he was hanging his head during last year's until Butler picked Russ.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Denver

I fear Pittsburgh and new england
Ben or gronk could beat us singlehandedly

Nobody scares me on denver. Manning is the worst post season qb of the current bunch, and possibly in history. I know to many of you that seems asinine, but I'm talking playoffs alone not regular season. Nobody has been worse

HawkGANG

Reaction score
New England...I wanna smash them into the turf. :thfight7:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Said it before...

My desire to smash the Pats in the Superb Owl is only slightly exceeded by my desire to never see them in another Superb Owl again.

-bsd

kearly

Reaction score
Pittsburgh would be a coinflip game, so I'd rather avoid them. I think Seattle would walk all over Denver and while I think the Pats game would be competitive, Seattle is basically a better version of the Pats right now.

But if I knew for a fact Seattle would win, I'd want Pittsburgh.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I vote Bengals. I would really, really like to stick it to Tawmy and Belicheat, but on the off chance they beat us I just couldn't stand to see Brady's smug puss.

Optimus25

Reaction score
kearly":3gd2qihx said:
Pittsburgh would be a coinflip game, so I'd rather avoid them. I think Seattle would walk all over Denver and while I think the Pats game would be competitive, Seattle is basically a better version of the Pats right now.

But if I knew for a fact Seattle would win, I'd want Pittsburgh.

on this note, my dream matchup would be pittsburgh. but only in a world where its cold, windy, and rainy in santa clara and the air game is significantly reduced to quick passing at best.

unleash the beast.

Also, i feel ok about matchups with teams that have inferior defenses, like pitt, washington, etc.

coincidentally, did anyone know ben's rating in XL was 22.6 and was the lowest rating in his postseason career?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":14oivgtg said:
Said it before...

My desire to smash the Pats in the Superb Owl is only slightly exceeded by my desire to never see them in another Superb Owl again.

-bsd

From your fingers to Gods ears.

Getting tired of the Pats, all the time, every prime time game, Brady is a god, blah, blah, blah.

bryantology79

Reaction score
338e331c88cd1af8d825a1d0037537af.jpg
f5b98110ae6079dae5975026b6068736.jpg

i wanted them the second after butler's pick

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We matchup best with Denver. We can beat Peyton or Brock, personally I'd prefer Peyton.

There are three teams in the NFL that I think we don't matchup well with, and that's Pittsburgh, NE and Arizona. Each of those teams can spread us out and attack our weaker DB's. We have struggled with the Cards this year. We struggled against NE last year, and Pitt had over 500 total yards of offense against us at the Clink.

I think we can beat any of those 3 teams, but I'd prefer to play Pitt over NE. NE has the best coach in football and a very underrated defense. Whereas Tomlin is an average coach at best IMO and they have a bottom feeder defense that we should have no problem scoring 30+ against.