Covering Jordan Reed

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I may have the cart ahead of the horse but we are probably heading to Washington for WC game. If we can contain Reed that will be a great plus. Our TE coverage hasn't been our greatest strength.

getnasty

Reaction score
Aristotle22":3dykw0rj said:
I may have the cart ahead of the horse but we are probably heading to Washington for WC game. If we can contain Reed that will be a great plus. Our TE coverage hasn't been our greatest strength.

He's a tough cover, wide receiver skills in a TE body. Don't feel great about anyone player covering him, might feel even worse about our zone D against TE.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hopefully Kam is in tip top playing condition as it will more than likely fall to him and KJ to cover Reed. We've had a lot of difficulty covering tight ends this season, whether it's been Greg Olson or Tyler Eifert. The good news is that the Redskins don't have any real great WR threats that will cause us to lose any sleep.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
RiverDog":1rtfyx2b said:
.... The good news is that the Redskins don't have any real great WR threats that will cause us to lose any sleep.

I sort of thought that was their main offensive weapons; DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, ...

Fade

Reaction score
I would put Sherman on Reed, bracket Jackson w/Burley & Kam, and put Lane on Garcon on 3rd downs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's a scary matchup for us. I would put him on the same level as Tyler Eifert.

RiverDog

Reaction score
652cHAWK":1btqb2dz said:
RiverDog":1btqb2dz said:
.... The good news is that the Redskins don't have any real great WR threats that will cause us to lose any sleep.

I sort of thought that was their main offensive weapons; DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, ...

Jordan Reed has more receptions and more receiving yards than anyone on their team. Reed has 83 catches for 907 yards, Garcon has 69 for 728, and Jackson 30 for 528. Reed also has more TD receptions (11) than Garcon and Jackson combined (5 and 4 respectively). They don't have a WR that ranks in the top 40 in the league in receiving yardage.

RussB

Reaction score
Desean jackson is a threat, jordan reed is an even bigger threat and garcon isnt bad either. Redskins have an underrated team they are very solid. Gonna need great TE coverage and to beat them.

marko358

Reaction score
RiverDog":17xgv6td said:
652cHAWK":17xgv6td said:
RiverDog":17xgv6td said:

Jordan Reed has more receptions and more receiving yards than anyone on their team. Reed has 83 catches for 907 yards, Garcon has 69 for 728, and Jackson 30 for 528. Reed also has more TD receptions (11) than Garcon and Jackson combined (5 and 4 respectively). They don't have a WR that ranks in the top 40 in the league in receiving yardage.
To be fair, didn't Jackson miss six games or so this year?

mikeak

Reaction score
Pressure on cousins and it doesn't matter I respect the heck of what he is making out of himself but when pressured things go downhill quickly

RiverDog

Reaction score
marko358":1rwiqqrp said:
RiverDog":1rwiqqrp said:
652cHAWK":1rwiqqrp said:
RiverDog":1rwiqqrp said:

To be fair, didn't Jackson miss six games or so this year?

Yes, Jackson has missed 8 or 9 games. But nevertheless, Reed still has 10 more receiving yards per game than Jackson. DJack isn't half the receiver he used to be when he played for the Eagles. IMO he's not going to beat us.

Reed is their go-to guy no matter how you look at it.

Latest posts