Disgusting effort from coaching staff down today

mistaowen

Reaction score
It's amazing how this happens every year against the Rams. They seem to play directly into the Rams strengths every game. Running right at Aaron Donald for most of the first half, empty sets against a D-line that feasts on ours, not testing a generally weak secondary until it's too late. Defense giving up seemingly every big third down. Just gross.

Few thoughts:

It's scary if this is how the defense will always look without Kam's guidance. Seems everyone is a step late when he's not out there. He's gonna need to get paid.

Rams were clearly head hunting today, but that's expected I guess.

Was shocked at how well the Rams o-line pass blocked. Kris sent a lot of big blitzes and I barely remember Case having someone in his face or having to shuffle away. It's not like the d-line is bad either.

Doug Baldwin deserves to be in the pro bowl. It's too bad voting ends so soon, because he has been one of the best in the league since the halfway mark.

Lewis had a handful of bad snaps. Hoping that's just due to the rain.

Earl missed a fumble recovery and got hurdled. Don't expect him to have a big game against a conservative team like the Rams but also don't expect him to be relatively negative.

Rams seem to be our kryptonite.

Haush's awful onside kick really just made me laugh. Fitting end to an awful game.

Still think Seahawks are SB winners this year

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Even the year the Hawks won the SB, they had some turds like this one.

The loss was a total team effort, coaches and players. The ball boys probably were horrible as well.

I don't even want to hear any comments from players or coaches about this game, as they would be irrelevant IMHO.

Flush it, and move forward.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Cable was busy running his mouth about Lynch this week instead teaching his OL guys to block a team with a good d-line. The whole Seahawks team looked like they were having a Christmas hangover.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":nk68fx88 said:
Cable was busy running his mouth about Lynch this week instead teaching his OL guys to block a team with a good d-line. The whole Seahawks team looked like they were having a Christmas hangover.
You know, I was thinking the same thing about a "Christmas hangover"... Oh, and the Refs were horrible too.

uncle fester

Reaction score
mikeak":18um9pau said:
PC also needs a lesson on how to use challenges.

So much this.

Pete's challenge flag needs to be taken away - and whoever is telling him those plays are worth challenging needs to be demoted to bathroom mop & bucket executive.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
uncle fester":12ynxxf1 said:
mikeak":12ynxxf1 said:
PC also needs a lesson on how to use challenges.

So much this.

Pete's challenge flag needs to be taken away - and whoever is telling him those plays are worth challenging needs to be demoted to bathroom mop & bucket executive.

bingo, those were not even close..... on any replay..... period...

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Definitely a bad day for our coaching staff. We got "Rammed" by Jeff Fisher. :evil:

idahohawk

Reaction score
Defense put up a fight.

Offense, Line, Coaches, etc crapped the bed. You would think they had never seen the Rams D before. Unacceptable. Total regression. I've never seen a center snap the ball 8 feet in the air before, than roll one on the ground. Total crap sandwich.

Rob12

Reaction score
The Seahawks looked disinterested in this game from the opening kickoff. That's one thing I've never said or seen from this team. Disinterested, slow, and heartless. Damn shame.

Rob12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jzxa0da said:
Even the year the Hawks won the SB, they had some turds like this one.

The loss was a total team effort, coaches and players. The ball boys probably were horrible as well.

I don't even want to hear any comments from players or coaches about this game, as they would be irrelevant IMHO.

Flush it, and move forward.

Lay enough turds and eventually the toilet gets clogged. That's 2015 in a nutshell.

Rob12

Reaction score
And yes - PC needs to hand the decision of challenging plays to someone else. I felt like the Hawks should have been penalized 50 yards and lost all of their timeouts for challenging those plays.

It's obvious that PC does not value having his timeouts. So bad...

mikeak

Reaction score
Not only the loss of timeouts. There were two situations were guys seemed to get a first down that were called short. Not being able to challenge or not even being close to do so was a failure.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
My concern going forward is we don't learn from our mistakes easily. The stupid challenges , penalties etc.

Both Avril and Bennett are older and playing more snaps than ever. Guys not able to play like hill that seems to be injury prone does not help.

We get hit by the short passes over the middle as Kam has lost a step or two.

marko358

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1lf7443j said:
My concern going forward is we don't learn from our mistakes easily. The stupid challenges , penalties etc.

Both Avril and Bennett are older and playing more snaps than ever. Guys not able to play like hill that seems to be injury prone does not help.

Kam didn't even play today.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
marko358":37ec0bvz said:
Happypuppy":37ec0bvz said:

Kam didn't even play today.
I guess he lost all his steps today! :mrgreen:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As I said to my buddy, what a shit show.

No candy-coating this one boys and girls. We looked like hot garbage from start to finish, minus a few decent plays sprinkled here and there.

I literally told everyone in ear shot at the game that we should pull ALL of our starters and treat this like a preseason game, even early in the 2nd quarter. What is the reason and purpose to put our starters/all pro/pro bowl players in jeopardy against a team that would love nothing more than to injure them in a meaningless game???

Oh sure, Pete talks about momentum and how he doesn't believe in resting starters. Well who am I to disagree with a winning NFL coach but I DO! I think this game would have been fantastic if we put all our 2nd and 3rds in there...The outcome wouldn't have changed, but the entertainment value would have gone up exponentially.

AND we wouldn't have had to watch our playoff-caliber players get pounded by a divisional opponent with nothing to lose.

Rob12

Reaction score
Aros":3s9nyh3s said:

No candy-coating this one boys and girls. We looked like hot garbage from start to finish, minus a few decent plays sprinkled here and there.

I literally told everyone in ear shot at the game that we should pull ALL of our starters and treat this like a preseason game, even early in the 2nd quarter. What is the reason and purpose to put our starters/all pro/pro bowl players in jeopardy against a team that would love nothing more than to injure them in a meaningless game???

Oh sure, Pete talks about momentum and how he doesn't believe in resting starters. Well who am I to disagree with a winning NFL coach but I DO! I think this game would have been fantastic if we put all our 2nd and 3rds in there...The outcome wouldn't have changed, but the entertainment value would have gone up exponentially.

AND we wouldn't have had to watch our playoff-caliber players get pounded by a divisional opponent with nothing to lose.

Disagree.

This game was never out of reach. You don't pull starters. That's not how this team is built. PC doesn't coach scared and never will. We got enough of that from Holmgren.

With all due respect Todd, you were asking the Seahawks to lie down today. That was never going to happen.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":2cmpxhfk said:
Aros":2cmpxhfk said:

Disagree.

This game was never out of reach. You don't pull starters. That's not how this team is built. PC doesn't coach scared and never will. We got enough of that from Holmgren.

With all due respect Todd, you were asking the Seahawks to lie down today. That was never going to happen.

Spot on.

You don't hide from your inferior opponent because you might get hurt. You crush them.