We Mailed It In.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Really...It's as simple as that. I watched a team that was as interested in beating the Rams today in the rain for 3 hours like they wanted to have an appendectomy.

You can't tell me (not even you X's and O's guys) that this team had any real fire today to play. They came out, pretty much as apathetic as I was (pregame I was pretty ho hum about the game) and it showed for 4 quarters. I really think they thought the Rams were going to lie down for us and we would win just by bestowing our presence upon them.

Truth is? I'm not even mad. I really didn't get fired up about the loss. I got to see one of my best friends, we had some drinks and a lot of laughs and that was pretty much it. This was one of those odd games where apathy was plentiful from the field to the stands.

The Rams, bless their little playoff-less hearts, were the only ones that really wanted this one.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
PS...I'm not talking about you Dougie Fresh, or Russ. You guys cared.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Considering the game really meant little to nothing in the grand scheme of things, it may have just been better to not have Russell out there getting mauled by those cheap shot douchenozzles.

If we are going to mail it in anyway in a meaningless game, may as well do it with the scrubs.

I know Pete would never, but still.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Really makes zero sense, the way Pete talks during the week. But oh well.

I thought they looked flat from the first few O and D series, despite the D limiting the Rams overall. Complete apathy today, 12s too. Next week is pretty much meaningless too. @GB, @MINN, or @WAS. After today's "mail it in" performance, I really have no preference.

Aros":cyfn857j said:
Really...It's as simple as that. I watched a team that was as interested in beating the Rams today in the rain for 3 hours like they wanted to have an appendectomy.

You can't tell me (not even you X's and O's guys) that this team had any real fire today to play. They came out, pretty much as apathetic as I was (pregame I was pretty ho hum about the game) and it showed for 4 quarters. I really think they thought the Rams were going to lie down for us and we would win just by bestowing our presence upon them.

Truth is? I'm not even mad. I really didn't get fired up about the loss. I got to see one of my best friends, we had some drinks and a lot of laughs and that was pretty much it. This was one of those odd games where apathy was plentiful from the field to the stands.

The Rams, bless their little playoff-less hearts, were the only ones that really wanted this one.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I agree, but it doesnt make me feel any better.

If this team cant get up for a divisional game with playoff seeding implications against an opponent that beat you because of a similarly weak performance earlier in the same season . . . Well, I dont like what that says about he team.

A lack of focus and intensity in a game with pretty good reasons to be taken seriously can be a problem just like poor execution can be a problem.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
nanomoz":oyzjof0m said:

If this team cant get up for a divisional game with playoff seeding implications against an opponent that beat you because of a similarly weak performance earlier in the same season . . . Well, I dont like what that says about he team.

A lack of focus and intensity in a game with pretty good reasons to be taken seriously can be a problem just like poor execution can be a problem.

This team has been in a "win or the season is practically over" mode for the last 5 weeks due to the hole they dug early in the year.

Considering the meaningless nature of todays game, it sucks, but may be chalked up to human nature.

We could also blame injuries finally catching up, horrid officiating, etc. that ended up making the lack of focus seem even worse.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3dol0l0q said:
nanomoz":3dol0l0q said:

This team has been in a "win or the season is practically over" mode for the last 5 weeks due to the hole they dug early in the year.

Considering the meaningless nature of todays game, it sucks, but may be chalked up to human nature.

We could also blame injuries finally catching up, horrid officiating, etc. that ended up making the lack of focus seem even worse.

Ya. That's valid. Im not sure if Im concerned or not.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Even Dan Patrick said during the halftime highlights that we mailed it in (using those exact words).

And Rodney Harrison - who I think the world of because just about everything he says I agree with - has the common sense to say that this game is a wash and he still thinks we are the team in the NFC to fear the most in the post season.

Look, the team will never, ever admit it, but that's what happened. It's human nature. Of course in a perfect world the Seahawks blast the Rams out of the stadium but they had no real motivation to do so.

"Oh but we want that precious 5th seed!!"

Please. If that's what you really think this team's motivation is right now you're only kidding yourself.

The Packers look like shit. The Vikings smoked the Giants. The Redskins look like a valid playoff team.

5th seed, 6th seed? Doesn't matter.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Even if they mailed it in, it sucks to get swept by the friggin' Rams.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
nanomoz":mm3236ha said:
Even if they mailed it in, it sucks to get swept by the friggin' Rams.

I'm with you there brother.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1bwcwwg1 said:
Even Dan Patrick said during the halftime highlights that we mailed it in (using those exact words).

And Rodney Harrison - who I think the world of because just about everything he says I agree with - has the common sense to say that this game is a wash and he still thinks we are the team in the NFC to fear the most in the post season.

Look, the team will never, ever admit it, but that's what happened. It's human nature. Of course in a perfect world the Seahawks blast the Rams out of the stadium but they had no real motivation to do so.

"Oh but we want that precious 5th seed!!"

Please. If that's what you really think this team's motivation is right now you're only kidding yourself.

The Packers look like shit. The Vikings smoked the Giants. The Redskins look like a valid playoff team.

5th seed, 6th seed? Doesn't matter.

Exactly what I been thinking. This could end up being a blessing in disquise even. The Pack really looks like the worst team of the bunch right now(even at home) and probably the team we know the best. I agree, we mailed it in alright with a half hearted effort. We even rested some questionable players (Kam, Okung....) that could have probably gone had the game been more important play off wise, IDK. Either way, on to next week and the playoffs. Hopefully, we just get rested up, rehabbed, and back to it.

Go Hawks!!!

Polaris

Reaction score
NJlargent":bnoank5a said:
I love how this was a meaningless game.

It's not a hard argument to make really. As little as a month ago, Washington was a running joke and it looked like whoever won the NFC East would do so with a losing record and probably be easy pickings for the five seed (whoever that was).

That's not really true any more. I still think that Washington is far and away the weakest of the NFC Playoff field, but it's looking like they'll finish with a winning record (9-7) and are assured at least of not having a losing one (8-8) at worst. Not only that but Washington has gotten hot, and some here still have nightmares about the state of Fed-Ex field (I think those fears are greatly overblown because Washington did go to some lengths to improve that field after that disastrous (for both teams) playoff game). In addition Washington seems to be a much better team at home than on the road.

Couple that with the fact that the Vikings are world-beaters against bad teams, but wither like a petunia in winter in the face of a team that's even halfway decent. Add in the fact that Green Bay right now scares nobody for the past six weeks or so.

All that means that it may not matter very much who Seattle plays when all is said and done, and if that's true, then the game yesterday and the game next week really don't mean anything.

Jville

Reaction score
Dazed and Confused.

That is the effect the Rams have had on the Seahawks. They make the Seahawks look dazed and confused.

cesame

Reaction score
I'm on the fence here when it comes to the team mailed it in.

Honestly at no point during the week did I think Seattle would blow St. Louis out like they did Cleveland, Minnesota, etc. At no point did I envision it. I actually kind of expected them to struggle a bit.

I can buy a little bit that perhaps the team didn't play with the same fire they've been playing with, but make no mistake about it..... The way the Rams are built just gives Seattle's offense fits. Seattle can't maintain 1 on 1 blocks on offense. It's such a huge mismatch in St. Louis' favor and they take advantage of it every single time these two teams play. It's been at least a month since I've seen RW scramble in circles out of the pocket within a second of snapping the ball. He felt the rush all day and it almost looked like he went back to not trusting his blocking again.

Overall I think Seattle just got their butts kicked. That said, I see it as 1 game problem as games against the Rams are just different. It's hard to take anything good or bad and compare it to another game the Seahawks will play in. The only comparison is Seattle plays very similar games against Carolina as well. Very similar type games.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I get that the game is meaningless from a who do we play perspective. That assumes that playing Green Bay at Lambeau in their weakened form is more desirable than playing Washington who is yet to defeat a winning team this season. However, if GB is more desireable, or equal to Washington in terms of difficulty, this game was brutal in terms of momentum. Moreover, if we lose to AZ we willing to heading into the playoffs flat. Historically (with the exception of Baltimore) that equates to one and done.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":3crysavl said:
We mailed it in so bad that the package still hasn't arrived.

And when it does arrive, it comes postage due.

But there is one thing that we can take away besides change from the package, our injuries were not TOO bad. We lost No EE for a bit there and it was not that bad. Also we did some non dangerous things like fair catches which did not allow for the cheapshotartists to destroy some of our players.

Ya, they mailed it in, but with purpose and reason. We let some into the game to gain experience too. And with that, the mail room is closed.

flapflapflap flap flap flap

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The interesting thing was looking at the scores vs. standings today. Pretty much everybody that needed wins played hard and won. Everybody that was already in the playoffs and fairly set looked like crap and lost. I can't help to thing this has a lot to do with the Christmas holiday. Consciously or subconsciously, it seems like players/coaches kind of checked out for the holiday if they were in and just relaxed.

As far as the Hawks, we just seemed to come out flat and even the game plan seemed more of a "meh, lets just try to get thru this without injuries". We rested some key injured people, were cautious with others......and for good reason, the lambs were clearly once again out to cheap shot/cause injury to us like usual. They are always much more aimed at this when they are out of contention.

In the end, I just take this as blessed to get out with as minimal injuries as we did with all their non sense. A win would sure have been nice but the big picture going forward is playoffs and getting/staying healthy. I really don't think it matters much who we play or where at this point. No byes, no rest, on the road.....we just gotta get ready to ride it to the big one.

Go Hawks!!!