Arians not resting starters for Week 17

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2550/carson-palmer

Coach Bruce Arians confirmed Monday the Cardinals will go all out to beat the Seahawks in Week 17.
"We will approach this game like it's game one," said Arians. "I don't think you get anything out of resting guys. I don't want to set a precedent."

This was expected because there's plenty still on the line for Arizona. If the Cardinals beat Seattle and Carolina loses to Tampa Bay, Arians' club will clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC and have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. In that scenario, they would have a better divisional record than the Panthers.

Crizilla

Reaction score
yeah knowing these teams, both will go hard for the win

however if we are down by 2 or more scores going into the 4th, i say pull the starters. The injury bug is too common right now. We cannot afford any more injuries....thats assuming Lynch is coming back for the playoffs.....

seahawks08

Reaction score
I don't think our defense will be able to stop them unless Kam is back in the mix. If they rest him, we can call this one just a practice match again. We have some key elements that make this a great team. If we miss some of those elements, we get behind. They might go three RBs into this game as well. as we need the not first team to get some real game experience as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think Brucey will regret that move if Palmer are another one of his studs gets hurt.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It really depends on the health of the starters.

If Baldwin's hammy is still hurting, he's going to sit. If Wilson's knee is hurting, he's going to sit. If Kam's hip....etc, etc.

We're in the playoffs. Whoever we play, whether it's GB, Minny or WAS, we have a great shot at beating them. So, putting guys out there that are questionable doesn't make sense.

It's entirely possible we play a game without Okung, Wilson, Willson, Chancellor, Baldwin, Lynch and maybe Shead and anyone else that got hurt last week. I don't think we win in AZ without all those guys.

If we do play Wilson, I hope Lewis gets his manhood back after that Rams game. He's going to need it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1iowshpt said:
I think Brucey will regret that move if Palmer are another one of his studs gets hurt.

Why? Injuries happen. They have a chance at HFA for the playoffs, of course they are playing everyone.

Now if Carolina leads Tampa 38-0 at half or something.. maybe Arians sits guys.. but aside from that, they have a lot to play for on Sunday.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1zqd5rsw said:

Please explain why he would regret it since if Cards win and Carolina loses the Cards win the 1 seed. Both teams play at 1:25pm pst so its no like the Cards will know the outcome of the Carolina game before their kick off. Common sense for the Cards here says go for the win with the starters in hopes you get the top seed.

If they didnt have the chance at the top seed then sure, rest the starters or play them like a week 1 preseason game.