Earl, Watch this!

Seymour

Reaction score
The days of the blurr from nowhere to put the hit on by Earl are history this year. The dude has all but checked out IMO and has even come close to admitting it. When he does show up and gets a hit he is reluctant to wrap up and often missing. Prior to this season he's been averaging 64.5 tackles per year, this year he's at 45 with 1 game left at a time when the D has allowed more explosive plays (ie #'s should be up not down). Sorry, but that shoulder problem late last year took something from Earl. Hope he finds it again, we need him. If not, hit the road Jack as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely does not deserve the Pro Bowl this year either.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
when talking about Earl's play this year, I would not even give him an "average" score- gotta be the injury took it out of him,

Cartire

Reaction score
I like reading through the forums to see who all the "fans" are.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cartire":330srb6k said:

cool,another superfan....whats with you guys that take offence to anything critical against this team? I guess you think we played a helluva game yesterday and just had some bad luck...aw geez maybe next week...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Football is a brutal sport. Earl has paid the price of being a Defensive safety. Will he ever "bounce back" to his prior abilities? Who knows.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't think ET has been healthy all year. I think the shoulder is still an issue.
I'm not a doctor, though I play one on the internets. 8)

rcaido

Reaction score
Earl is still recovering from Cary Kryptonite Williams...He will be full strength during the playoffs!

Cartire

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1sdzcl4t said:
Cartire":1sdzcl4t said:

cool,another superfan....whats with you guys that take offence to anything critical against this team? I guess you think we played a helluva game yesterday and just had some bad luck...aw geez maybe next week...

Theres a big difference between being "critical" and the sky is falling. For some reason, that line seems to be blurred after every loss.

And as for your last line, yeah, thats exactly how I feel. You know, any given sunday, all professional athletes, nothing is written in stone, ect. I dont see a single loss as the tell-tale signs that many here seem to be foretelling.

But glad i am recognized as a superfan.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1ceiet8z said:
The days of the blurr from nowhere to put the hit on by Earl are history this year. The dude has all but checked out IMO and has even come close to admitting it. When he does show up and gets a hit he is reluctant to wrap up and often missing. Prior to this season he's been averaging 64.5 tackles per year, this year he's at 45 with 1 game left at a time when the D has allowed more explosive plays (ie #'s should be up not down). Sorry, but that shoulder problem late last year took something from Earl. Hope he finds it again, we need him. If not, hit the road Jack as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely does not deserve the Pro Bowl this year either.

Wow you're advocating cutting Earl for a down year after injury?
Glad you are merely a "fan" and not in charge of personnel. Yikes the hyperbole that gets spewed after a loss.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
I post this out because I think it has almost always been an issue with Earl. He comes like a missle and rarely wraps up. If you have a shoulder issue it is all the more reason to use great technique and wrap up. Trying to tackle all shoulder and crown of the head isn't a good idea.

I worry for his neck

And tacklers bouncing off him for extra yardage.