Michael vs the Rams

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm as excited about the possibility of Lynch coming back as anyone so this isn't an anti-Lynch post.

Anyone else think Michael actually ran well against the Rams or at least flashed his ability? I've been very impressed with Michael since he's been back. He's running hard, hitting the right lanes and usually adding yards beyond what's being given to him. He had a nice short yardage first down run and showed very good quickness and burst. I know the stats don't look good but I doubt Rawls, Lynch or anyone would of done much better than he did against the Rams with Donald and the rest of that line in the backfield all day.

Am I the only one who likes what he sees from Michael these past two games?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We really did not see enough of the running game, as the team spotted the Rams a nice early lead forcing the Hawks to be one dimensional and the O-Line wasn't able to get it done against the very strong Rams DL.

Michael did fine for the amount of touches he had.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Smellyman I'm saying look beyond the stats and use the eye test. He had a big run called back and showed good movement on limited carries. He also had more than 6 carries if you look at the first game which is what I suggested.

rain7

Reaction score
Stylistically, he looks like he's shot of a cannon and he runs hard.

To my eye at least, its an illusion.

Despite the way he runs, he doesn't look like he breaks many tackles. It's just not as obvious as arm-tackle-turbin or Alexander breaking tackles but then running out of bounds untouched. His little march/stomp routine probably adds to the illusion. I think he sucks to be honest.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
rain7 I appreciate your thoughts even if I disagree. I'm not all in yet but I like what I see so far. Will be an interesting rest of the year for sure.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Michael had a huge run but it was called back due to a Bailey penalty. Had that run stood, the game may have turned out differently. The whole OL was getting mauled by the Rams therefore the 6 carries for 6 yards result. There was just no holes to go through for him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
According to my eye test, he controlled the ball with one hand. No movement to the other hand....and I dont mind that. Also he seemed very much so more focused in his actions. He did not do the pouty thing or the ego maniac thing. He treated it as a position that he wanted to be a part of. My opinion, he finally grew up. There are negatives, but those were pointed out above. I choose to look at what we expected him to become. And now he has that chance. He is closer to what will make him a success.

hawker84

Reaction score
Stats are misleading, besides the big run called back already mentioned, he had two significant negative plays one due to errant snap, and the other was the line getting blown out. I thought he was efficient for the opportunities he did see.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
jammerhawk":23sr8nzp said:
We really did not see enough of the running game, as the team spotted the Rams a nice early lead forcing the Hawks to be one dimensional and the O-Line wasn't able to get it done against the very strong Rams DL.

Michael did fine for the amount of touches he had.
We were never down enough to be one-dimensional.

The Hawks are one of the few teams that will stick with the run when down over 2 scores.

Against the rams they simply could not run.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I didn't think he looked that effective. He showed again why he's been cut by 3 teams this year. Let that sink in...3 teams.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Explain. Did he hit the wrong hole? Was he hesitant? What did you see that you didn't like?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":tyqyqwkk said:
Explain. Did he hit the wrong hole? Was he hesitant? What did you see that you didn't like?

Hesitant, never changes hands with the ball. The most glaring point is one that I previously made though, or do you think you know more than the coaching staff of all those teams? He got cut in Dallas for Turbin! Christine is a bust and will be cut once Lynch gets back.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He still swings the ball around like a handbag a little too much for my liking. Not so much against the Rams, but it made me nervous at least twice against Cleveland.

I'd be surprised if he was on the roster next year. It is all about the ball, after all. :D

Jerhawk

Reaction score
In the open field in one on one situations, his athleticism shines.

Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to get out there that often. I would like to see his ability in the screen game more often. I want to stay positive with him

HawkGA

Reaction score
I recall reading the Seahawks running backs collectively had -4 yards before contact. Nobody is going to have good stats under those circumstances. Except maybe Barry Sanders.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
trying to say if CMike had a good or bad day is pretty tough. He only had a couple of real chances to make a play. The rest was a crap showing by the line.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
OkieHawk":lwq3x9ov said:
austinslater25":lwq3x9ov said:

Hesitant, never changes hands with the ball. The most glaring point is one that I previously made though, or do you think you know more than the coaching staff of all those teams? He got cut in Dallas for Turbin! Christine is a bust and will be cut once Lynch gets back.

Of course I don't know more than the staff but the list of players who get cut multiple times only to shine is long. I saw the point you made it just seems silly to be honest. One of those teams brought him back. If he was so bad why bring him in? There are plenty of other guys out there. Him getting cut in Washington/Dallas actually makes sense with what we know about him. I'm going to guess he isn't the fastest at picking up new schemes/offenses so was pretty much worthless to teams that needed someone immediately. It isn't a testament to his talent. Michael hater :D

xXCHawkXx

Reaction score
He certainly didn't run as hard as he did when we played the Browns. That was obvious. Play calling also get skewed when you are already down 10-0 in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Latest posts