Players that should sit this week

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The last 2 years the Hawks had bye weeks to prepare for their opponents upon entering the playoffs. Right now the hawks are a little beat up. In my opinion there is almost no reason to play any of our slightly banged up starters/star players at all.

Wilson kept grabbing his knee.. keep him out

Lynch isnt coming back anyway... so no controversy there.. at least not this week

Baldwin... Great season, sore hammy.. rest up and get ready to roll

Luke.. scrammbled eggs.. sit

Okung.. can he even walk?? sit down son

Earl.. Hasnt looked at full speed in a bit.. sit em

Kam.. banged up.. sit him

Bennett.. toe.. obviously sit him

Who else am I missing??

I just dont see any reason whatsoever to play these guys mentioned above. The Hawks have experience in the playoffs and will be ready to play mentally regardless. May as well they are able to match their mentality with their physicality.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I just thought of something to add to this that didn't dawn on me before. There's a possibility we also get a Saturday Wild Card game, right? That means everything in the week is jacked up a day, ending with a long flight. Makes even more sense, I guess, to rest these guys for when it matters.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":26eduw7x said:
I just thought of something to add to this that didn't dawn on me before. There's a possibility we also get a Saturday Wild Card game, right? That means everything in the week is jacked up a day, ending with a long flight. Makes even more sense, I guess, to rest these guys for when it matters.

Exactly.. why play guys in a game thats "basically" meaningless to us. The only important thing at this point is being as healthy as possible for our game in 10 days. Beating Arizona this weekend has zero relevance. Hell, they may not even make it out of their first playoff game themselves.

Anthony!

Reaction score
you guys do realize that there are some records on the line as well. Now I am not saying do not sit them. just saying that as a team they may want to get some of their players those records and then sit them.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'd rather see them make records in the postseason, at least the modern-day record of making the Super Bowl 3 straight years.

Rob12

Reaction score
To me the decision to sit our elite players is also deciding between this:

Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau
Kirk Cousins in FedExField

I know what I'd choose, but maybe I'm a bit of a gambler. If our guys are healthy enough to go, play them. Which really has been what PC has done the whole time he's been here. If you're anything less than say, 75 percent, you're sitting anyway.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Rob12":24ktg271 said:

Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau

I know what I'd choose, but maybe I'm a bit of a gambler. If our guys are healthy enough to go, play them. Which really has been what PC has done the whole time he's been here. If you're anything less than say, 75 percent, you're sitting anyway.

Yeah I agree, we don't need any torn ACL's on that piece of crap field that is FedEx field.

marko358

Reaction score
My perspective would be different if we didn't have to travel across the country on a short week, potentially a Saturday early game.

massari

Reaction score
Rob12":31dlp4nm said:

Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau

Wonder why you think GB is a lock to beat MIN? As long as Wilson and co are rested and healthy, I don't care wheather they play in GB, MIN or WSH.

Baldwin, Lockett, Wilson, Willson, Okung, Bennett, Hill, Chancellor, Sherman, Thomas, Irvin, Wright, Wagner don't have to play or can all play with limited number of snaps.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":36t6hdx5 said:
you guys do realize that there are some records on the line as well. Now I am not saying do not sit them. just saying that as a team they may want to get some of their players those records and then sit them.
Sorry, can't go with this. This is the time to think about TEAM play and put individual stats and glory aside.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Rob12":1fgsly6k said:

Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau

Cousins is a damn good quarterback and that Washington team is playing lights out at the moment. Especially the offense. Experience or not, and with all the success the guys have had against Washington in the playoffs, I just have a terrible feeling about that game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rob12":9ak1w31m said:

Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau

FieldGulls had an article on this, and the quote was basically "if you're worried about getting positioning and playing either Minny, GB or WASh, you're probably not going to go very far anyways" paraphrased of course but you get the meaning. If we're worried about playing WASH over GB, we're not likely to get out of the 2nd round at that point anyways.

That said, say we rest Bennett. We have a damn good back up in Clark anways. Resting him up makes him a bit more effective, then we unleash him on a very banged up GB offensive line. That didn't work out so well for Rodgers against AZ, did it ?

If Wilson is dinged at all, he needs to sit. As we saw in the STL game, he's going to need all of his mobility behind that OL. The intensity in the playoffs goes up a bit, and I'm not confident our piss poor OL can match that new intensity. Which means we're going to see a lot of Russell running for his life.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawks46":7q12pt5z said:
Rob12":7q12pt5z said:

Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau

FieldGulls had an article on this, and the quote was basically "if you're worried about getting positioning and playing either Minny, GB or WASh, you're probably not going to go very far anyways" paraphrased of course but you get the meaning. If we're worried about playing WASH over GB, we're not likely to get out of the 2nd round at that point anyways.

That said, say we rest Bennett. We have a damn good back up in Clark anways. Resting him up makes him a bit more effective, then we unleash him on a very banged up GB offensive line. That didn't work out so well for Rodgers against AZ, did it ?

If Wilson is dinged at all, he needs to sit. As we saw in the STL game, he's going to need all of his mobility behind that OL. The intensity in the playoffs goes up a bit, and I'm not confident our piss poor OL can match that new intensity. Which means we're going to see a lot of Russell running for his life.

The online was playing so well protecting Russell... Besides Okung being out what the hell is going on? Or is he really that pivotal? Obviously Bailey was garbage reheated on the left side and Lewis played as poorly as any player in the NFL on Sunday. I mean, aweful.

I guess the point about "if we have to worry about team A, B, or C then we have already lost." Honestly, with the roster, experience, coaching we have, there isnt a team in the league I worry about.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":hyt0qsto said:
I'd rather see them make records in the postseason, at least the modern-day record of making the Super Bowl 3 straight years.

Lolz. You've never heard of the Buffalo Bills obviously. Just add "and win at least one" to that statement.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm not very wise; Therefore I say play 'em all and find a way to kick AZ's ass in their own stadium this week. Start a long set of road games that culminate in a SB victory.

ava

Reaction score
Laloosh":1c91h8ds said:
I'm not very wise; Therefore I say play 'em all and find a way to kick AZ's ass in their own stadium this week. Start a long set of road games that culminate in a SB victory.

This is what I am afraid of! I want to wrap Carson Palmer in bubble wrap and sit him on the side lines. I worry that Seattle's defense could hurt him :D I think the rest of the "dirty red birds" have enough depth but to lose CP would be very bad. Not worth it! First of all I just don't see the Panthers losing on Sunday so what is really on the line?.(pride? sheesh) I feel the same about RW. Is it worth it? 5th seed vs. 6th seed? I think the Seahawks will take down Washington or Green Bay; doesn't matter which one you get. Unfortunately we both have head coaches that are very competitive and do not stand down. I am faint of heart and a coward so I will be watching this game between my fingers. I hope nobody gets hurt!

peppersjap

Reaction score
I don't get people who want to sit people out? We were terrible last game so is that the momentum we want to go with? I don't get the rest the starters attitude unless players are actually hurt!

Followthelegion

Reaction score
peppersjap":3h4fgqaa said:
I don't get people who want to sit people out? We were terrible last game so is that the momentum we want to go with? I don't get the rest the starters attitude unless players are actually hurt!

Errrrr because the game is meaningless, and the Hawks are hardly a team that needs the magic of momentum. they know what the skillset of the team is and how talented they are WHEN HEALTHY.

I cannot appreciate those who are spouting the ALWAYS COMPETE mantra stuff right now, a week off for the stars of this team will not only guarantee they can play in the playoffs, but a little rest will do wonders as well.

As other have noted, this team is nicked up across the board and desperately need to heal up, otherwise no chance in Jan.
This game does not matter!

TwilightError

Reaction score
I would rest most of the doubtfuls. But I think JSPC are likely to rest just Bennett and Chancellor, possibly Okung. This gives more snaps for Clark and McCray, which is important too. They definitely will not rest Wilson. I worry about it but I understand that it would change the offense too much. Hope he throws those two TDs.

Latest posts