First DVOA championship

Ozzy

Reaction score
A little surprising Seattle is second with a chance to finish first for the 4th straight year. I still like Seattle's chances to get back to a third straight SB and while DVOA isn't everything it at least shows its not as far fetched as some fans think.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
I don't know the criteria to measure the rankings on DVOA or OVOA, but some can be impossible with their standards. I heard a sports "analyst" (I can't remember his name but he is a well known commodity on the network) from ESPN that was having a conversation about the Seahawks with Jamele Hill (sweet God help me) and he said that the defense is borderline anemic stated it showed against the Rams. He stated Keenum "threw bombs over the top" to defeat us.

Everyone does realize we kept them to 208 yards of total offense, right? Without Jordan Hill, without Kam Chancellor, and they had a defensive TD. The defense, in my opinion, did just fine. It was hardly their fault the Rams only had a couple dozen yards to go several times due to three Seahawks turnovers.

Defensively this year, overall, we've been pretty solid. Not as dominant as the past two years, but pretty solid nonetheless.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sea vs AZ is for the DVOA championship, that is cool. It does fell like most our losses were to teams that were playing thier best football while we were still struggling to find our rhythm.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":ibnsxwpd said:
I don't know the criteria to measure the rankings on DVOA or OVOA, but some can be impossible with their standards. I heard a sports "analyst" (I can't remember his name but he is a well known commodity on the network) from ESPN that was having a conversation about the Seahawks with Jamele Hill (sweet God help me) and he said that the defense is borderline anemic stated it showed against the Rams. He stated Keenum "threw bombs over the top" to defeat us.

Everyone does realize we kept them to 208 yards of total offense, right? Without Jordan Hill, without Kam Chancellor, and they had a defensive TD. The defense, in my opinion, did just fine. It was hardly their fault the Rams only had a couple dozen yards to go several times due to three Seahawks penalties.

Defensively this year, overall, we've been pretty solid. Not as dominant as the past two years, but pretty solid nonetheless.

No, people don't realize that the Rams didn't ring up a lot of yards on us. I mean, they won, so we must've gotten our asses kicked, right ?

Also, people look at our OL getting their asses kicked (which they did), and figure the whole team got whupped. It also doesn't help that Sherman DID get beat over the top by an average NFL WR. I know 1 play isn't getting crushed, but seems like most other folks don't.