Mark Glowinski GREAT job at RG spot!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Gilliam and Glowinski beasting on Michael's big run.

TenderMeanGreatdane.gif

Zorn76

Reaction score
While one game does not a starter make, I like Glow's debut plenty. I'd continue to start him even when Sweezy's healthy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Zorn76":nsy3dw2r said:
While one game does not a starter make, I like Glow's debut plenty. I'd continue to start him even when Sweezy's healthy.

You definitely start Sweezy at right guard, but I think they should use him more in the jumbo package as the 6th lineman. He's a lot more physical than Bailey.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Fair enough.

I agree on Bailey.

Still very curious how much different the OL is next season.

Even if we end up winning the SB, I still hope some changes are made.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Very encouraging to see this.

We are finally seeing some of the 'depth' the coaches were talking about in the preseason. Getting that depth ready to play took some seasoning sprinkled on them for about five games worth. One thing for sure...Glowinski has to be a sharp cookie to have learned quickly enough to that play so well against the Tard D. Heckuva draft pick if he can stay healthy.

So far, so good, eh?

I just have to say it again....Damn, the OL, TE, RB and DB depth really showed up today! Such a cool thing to witness!

annarborhawk

Reaction score
Re-watched the whole game focusing on him. I thought he was excellent at pass-pro. Handled the DT well while keeping head on a swivel to help with DE when DE took inside move. I don't think he was ever beat in pass pro. Was seemingly assignment perfect in run blocking. However, check out the series when Brown punched it in from the 1. Glow got absolutely mauled on all 3 downs. He seems to play too high in run blocking. Very fixable.

If Sweezy asks for too much in FA, I wouldn't be too worried about Glowinski being a suitable replacement. Hard to say with only one game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":351fq66u said:
Zorn76":351fq66u said:

You definitely start Sweezy at right guard, but I think they should use him more in the jumbo package as the 6th lineman. He's a lot more physical than Bailey.

Why? You're fine with 1-2 boneheaded plays a game? For all the love Sweezy get on here and at times by the coaching staff, he sure get's alot of penalties- Holding, Personal Fouls, ect. I don't think I've cursed any other lineman more often then Sweezy the last few years.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Very encouraging debut.

Moreso, that there is now some tangible evidence for us on the outside that there is a legit reason why both Glow and Sokoli have been kept on the active roster all year long. There is very legitimate hope that Seattle is able to improve and elevate the next men up into significant roles on the OL.

It's hard to preach patience in today's NFL. And especially difficult when you are holding prospects back when the starters are struggling mightily. I have come to appreciate that value in Pete's program in recent years and I think it's part and parcel to how we continue to develop quality players across the draft spectrum year in and year out.

It's awesome to see that there is real qualilty percolating underneath the surface on our depth chart. Shead emerging as a quality #2 corner. McCray emerging as a quality backup SS. Now Glowinski showing flashes of quality that gives outside fans comfort that there is a known quality buried on the depth chart that is real and not hoped.

Zorn76

Reaction score
annarborhawk":nicxb1n0 said:
Re-watched the whole game focusing on him. I thought he was excellent at pass-pro. Handled the DT well while keeping head on a swivel to help with DE when DE took inside move. I don't think he was ever beat in pass pro. Was seemingly assignment perfect in run blocking. However, check out the series when Brown punched it in from the 1. Glow got absolutely mauled on all 3 downs. He seems to play too high in run blocking. Very fixable.

If Sweezy asks for too much in FA, I wouldn't be too worried about Glowinski being a suitable replacement. Hard to say with only one game.

It is only one game, but I think he's earned another start, even if it will be only his 2nd and first ever in the playoffs.

Sweezy's got attitude, but he doesn't play smart consistently enough to bank on for the future. Good to decent OL show signs very early in their careers that they have upside.. 32 games or so is long enough to determine that, in Sweezy's case, he's mediocre, at best.

Glowinski will have his growing pains, and I understand the concern especially during a playoff run. But he held his own very well in AZ, vs a defense that is no joke. I hope he starts again in Minnesota.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OL experts, do Guards go through a similar cat and mouse game in their development as QBs, like we've seen with Wilson? Now that there's tape on Glowinski, opponents can pick apart how to take advantage of his weaknesses and neutralize his strengths, e.g., can be beaten with certain techniques, etc.

So it's awesome to see the rook have a solid debut, just don't want to read too much into it yet, until he's been through a few more battles to get experience and learn the tricks. I don't see how we don't go back to Sweezy if he's healthy, unless there's some matchup issue that advocates for Glo.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2faaitrk said:
hawknation2015":2faaitrk said:
Zorn76":2faaitrk said:

Why? You're fine with 1-2 boneheaded plays a game? For all the love Sweezy get on here and at times by the coaching staff, he sure get's alot of penalties- Holding, Personal Fouls, ect. I don't think I've cursed any other lineman more often then Sweezy the last few years.

My perception is that the coaches feel like Sweezy is our best and most experienced lineman. He has had his share of boneheaded plays, but he can also be pretty damn good at times. It's easy to view him as the leader of this offensive line, and it's hard for me to imagine that they would willingly bench him in favor of a rookie with his own technical flaws and just one game on his resume.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Glad to see he is doing well. Was :shock: since first watching him pancake fools consistently on his highlight tape that someone had posted here awhile back.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Evolving nickname of Glowinski-cake?