The weather in Minnesota on Sunday

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in seeing how our Hawks come out on Sunday.

16 degrees will be the high for the Twin Cities on Sunday. I'm guessing around kickoff, it'll be closer to 10. Maybe colder.

I can't remember a game when we had to play in such cold weather. Now don't get me wrong - it doesn't make me nervous. But in year's past, we've been in Seattle throughout the playoffs, in cooler temperatures and damp conditions. It's going to be downright freezing come Sunday.

Anyone remember a game we played in the past few years with temperatures this low?

chris98251

Reaction score
Dry cold isn't to bad if your smart and don't inhale deeply, why you have a warmer in front of your face to break the cool air down that Sherm and some others wear.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There is a major cold front coming from the Arctic that we will have to keep an eye on. Right now we're forecasted to miss it by a day.. but if it hits earlier, the temperature will barely break 0. That's not counting the wind chill.

IowaSeahawk

Reaction score
Rob12":3midiuvw said:
I'm definitely interested in seeing how our Hawks come out on Sunday.

16 degrees will be the high for the Twin Cities on Sunday. I'm guessing around kickoff, it'll be closer to 10. Maybe colder.

I can't remember a game when we had to play in such cold weather. Now don't get me wrong - it doesn't make me nervous. But in year's past, we've been in Seattle throughout the playoffs, in cooler temperatures and damp conditions. It's going to be downright freezing come Sunday.

Anyone remember a game we played in the past few years with temperatures this low?

A group from Iowa went down to KC last year in November. The game time temp I believe was 14. Don't quote me on that but pretty sure it was near there....looks like it's time to break my personal low for attending a game next weekend!

davidonmi

Reaction score
I don't think dry cold is a huge issue, it's rain that has given us problems in the past

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
As far as the quarterbacks go, I think Russ will thrive in the cold temps much better than Bridgewater, who is from Miami. Also, it's been fairly mild temp wise up here in the north, so it's not like the Vikings are fully acclimated to it. So neither team will have an advantage with the elements in my book. I

Davidess

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the QBs play next week with the cold. cant really give an edge to either one in the way of weather affecting because Teddy plays in it that weather maybe 8-10 (counting @DET and @GB) and RW has done so in College at Wisc. It will be interesting however it ends up. Hawks need to build a lead and stop AD. once that happens that could be game. Minny is not meant to come back or rely on the arm of Teddy.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Now forecast to be a high of 7(seven) and a low of -5. That will definitely test the manhood!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Minnesota was a dome team so it's not like they are used to it either.

It really just comes down to toughness. It seriously hurts to hit people when it's that cold. I think we're a tougher team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cold is an issue, but ask any QB the worst condition to operate in and they'll tell you wind is far worse than cold or rain.

Maybe we won't see as much downfield passing as we did in the first game against Minnesota? Idk, all the cold tells me is both teams are going to try and run the ball, and I like our D and Russell dominating FAR more than AP getting going and Bridgewater doing anything.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Weather Bug in Iowa says.... 12 .... Let's go with that.
45494d089202f2e92a9a66c03a963b2d.jpg

pmedic920

Reaction score
In all fairness.
If it's in the low teens or single digits, it will effect both teams equally.
Neither squad is used to it being that cold.
I'm much more worried about cold related injuries than a I am the Vikes Having a weather related advantage.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
6.5 + favorites in Vegas, people are betting heavy on the Hawks

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
12th_Bob":1yiftkuj said:

I hope the Hawks fly out there early and get costumed to the weather . it is going to be very cold.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":3vpdw6p3 said:
12th_Bob":3vpdw6p3 said:

I hope the Hawks fly out there early and get costumed to the weather . it is going to be very cold.
You're not going to be able to do that in 2 days. Just stick to the normal routine. Pete coached under Bud Grant, so he knows all the tricks when it comes to the cold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2y767deg said:
seahawk Dan":2y767deg said:
12th_Bob":2y767deg said:

You're not going to be able to do that in 2 days. Just stick to the normal routine. Pete coached under Bud Grant, so he knows all the tricks when it comes to the cold.

Russell has big hands and played at Wisconsin, this ain't the Dolphins coming up north with a pretty boy QB getting slapped around in the cold.

We might see a few more drops than normal, maybe even some fumbles..........but in the end trust in Russell and our D doing what they do to EVERY RB, shut him down.

Threedee

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":l637h6w7 said:
12th_Bob":l637h6w7 said:

Don't worry. Come Sunday, they'll be wearing it like it's Halloween! :D

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2rm15u9o said:
As far as the quarterbacks go, I think Russ will thrive in the cold temps much better than Bridgewater, who is from Miami. Also, it's been fairly mild temp wise up here in the north, so it's not like the Vikings are fully acclimated to it. So neither team will have an advantage with the elements in my book. I

This.
And prior to this season they are an indoor team.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Threedee":2gy7l9ek said:
seahawk Dan":2gy7l9ek said:
12th_Bob":2gy7l9ek said:

Don't worry. Come Sunday, they'll be wearing it like it's Halloween! :D

That's hilarious!!! :lol: