10 am Sunday back to back weeks.....

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Saw the schedule on twitter. We play Minny Sunday at 10am, if we win, we play Carolina next Sunday at 10am, if we win we play Zona/GB/Was 3:40 Sunday.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
When was the last time this was a concern during the PC Era?

It never has and it never will.

I believe Sherm said its easier to play right away then wait the whole day to play a primetime game.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":31x3t994 said:

I believe Sherm said its easier to play right away then wait the whole day to play a primetime game.

Well it might not be a concern, but it IS a disadvantage. Now you can say we're the 6th seed and deserve it but the NFL could very easily schedule the game @washington early and ours late but they didn't.

Also it's a big time inconvenience for our fans. 10am kickoffs imo suck.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I actually like that consistency, it helps the players stay on their practice/flight/travel schedule.

James in PA

Reaction score
Years ago I would have been upset by this, but I've learned to expect this kind of stuff from the NFL. We've proven we can overcome the early starts. It's just the zebras we have to watch out for now. This is why I'm so glad we didn't have to open in Lambeau.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
gowazzu02":23jk5gzg said:
Saw the schedule on twitter. We play Minny Sunday at 10am, if we win, we play Carolina next Sunday at 10am, if we win we play Zona/GB/Was 3:40 Sunday.

IF we win? Sorry, must've read that wrong, I know you meant "When we win."

marko358

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2p83lif7 said:
Well it might not be a concern, but it IS a disadvantage.

We've outscored opponents 142-34 on the road since the Bengals disaster. Doesn't matter what time we play. We kill people on the road these days.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":36s8diez said:
gowazzu02":36s8diez said:

IF we win? Sorry, must've read that wrong, I know you meant "When we win."

YEah about that. Im so stupidly superstitious, I know it's crazy, but I am.... Sooooo If We win. and Knock on wood after reading your post :th2thumbs: :2:

BlueTalons

Reaction score
We just completed a similar back-to-back this season and won both games. The *only* difference is the second opponent...Carolina is just tad-wee-bit better than Baltimore. But Russ seems to enjoy his trips back there...

rjdriver

Reaction score
Three more hours to celebrate and drink beer on Sunday.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Not good for Church attendance. Our pastor has already announced food trucks and an after service Seahawk rally on the alternative Saturday night service - knowing Sunday will be quiet.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
rjdriver":2vxaene5 said:
Three more hours to celebrate and drink beer on Sunday.

That's the one problem - I just can't drink beer that early. We will however have a breakfast buffet like we did the last morning game. Maybe Bloody Marys?

el capitan

Reaction score
The scheduling is determined in advance and the Hawks would have been well aware before the Rams game that if they failed to claim the 5th seed this would happen. Besides it's the playoffs, I'm sure they'll be motivated.

JonRud

Reaction score
Move to the East Coast. Over here the game starts at 1pm. or better yet if you want to watch it at night take a trip to London for the weekend!

Hawks46

Reaction score
gowazzu02":d239xzic said:
ApnaHawk":d239xzic said:

Well it might not be a concern, but it IS a disadvantage. Now you can say we're the 6th seed and deserve it but the NFL could very easily schedule the game @washington early and ours late but they didn't.

Also it's a big time inconvenience for our fans. 10am kickoffs imo suck.

We wouldn't want to inconvenience GB in any way, even though they're much closer than we are. Way to go NFL.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
el capitan":2ehc17g2 said:
The scheduling is determined in advance and the Hawks would have been well aware before the Rams game that if they failed to claim the 5th seed this would happen. Besides it's the playoffs, I'm sure they'll be motivated.

Are you sure about that?

This isn't regular season scheduling and if it were predetermined I think we would have know right after our game what time we play depending on the winner between GB and Minny. Or at very least as soon as that game ended.

Pretty sure it is not set in stone and that they determine the game times after all the playoff teams are determined but I could be wrong.

I know I was frustrated when we had to play Atlanta at 10am and the following week the 9ers got to play them at 1pm. It is hard not to notice since the Seahawks/9ers rivalry kicked off we have not only played nearly twice as many (maybe more than twice as many) early east coast games as them and have had to travel to San Fran THREE times on Thursday night. Sure makes you wonder why we keep getting the short end of the scheduling stick.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks46":1hs6emk8 said:
........We wouldn't want to inconvenience GB in any way, even though they're much closer than we are. Way to go NFL.
They're a "legacy" franchise. The Hawks are not....................yet.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1rja2xmh said:
Hawks46":1rja2xmh said:
........We wouldn't want to inconvenience GB in any way, even though they're much closer than we are. Way to go NFL.

So much for parity or maybe the NFL meant parody. It's hard to tell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1dqziy4m said:
hawksfansinceday1":1dqziy4m said:
Hawks46":1dqziy4m said:

So much for parity or maybe the NFL meant parody. It's hard to tell.
How long have you watched the NFL?
OK, sorry to be smart ass, but XL* should've made this abundantly clear to any Seahawks fan. The endless Dallas coverage on every network should make it clear to any NFL fan.

Keep in mind, the Stealers who are one of those franchises were a laughingstock in the 50s and 60s. A franchise can win their way into that status. I am hopeful the Seahawks are in the middle of doing just that.