Seahawks sign former WSSU quarterback Phillip Sims

kearly

Reaction score
He originally was with Alabama before transferring (not to be confused with Blake Sims). He was with the AZ Cardinals earlier this year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's a futures deal. Not sure how much contact he is allowed with the team until the new league year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1z3q4el6 said:
What (or where) is WSSU?

Winston Salem State, in North Carolina. I had to look it up myself. Here's his high school high late tape, with a pretty sweet jazzy background.

[youtube]FYI-Jpecun8[/youtube]

[youtube]hVVrpd5V1PQ[/youtube]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3acsb793 said:
GeekHawk":3acsb793 said:
What (or where) is WSSU?

Winston Salem State, in North Carolina. I had to look it up myself. Here's his high school high late tape, with a pretty sweet jazzy background.

[youtube]FYI-Jpecun8[/youtube]

[youtube]hVVrpd5V1PQ[/youtube]

Not short enough.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I heard good things about this guy,even Ringless thought this guy would be perfect for our team.

Davidess

Reaction score
Basis4day":1d5sgh4a said:
It's a futures deal. Not sure how much contact he is allowed with the team until the new league year.
Besides the contract I don't believe any participation in any activites is permitted by a player signed to a future contract until march (beginning of the NFL year)

For the other poster asking for measurable

he is 6'1 226 lbs. was with the cardinals during camp.

Pro day results
40 yd time- 4.95
Vertical jump- 31"
20yd shuttle-4.48
3 cone drill: 7.72

its funny in the bio from NFL draft scout it says he is 6'4 210 when he measures just under 6'1

Davidess

Reaction score
Rob12":q8qt6rj8 said:
RW's back up in 2016.

I honestly don't think he will be. he is more or less a camp body. I mean unless he comes in and just blows up camp. I think T-jack will be it unless they find someone in the UDFA pool. Tjack is a FA after this year but I think they can bring him back if he want to. last season I believe he was saying he wouldn't mind backing up Teddy Bridgewater but who knows. Wouldn't mind him back or even a FA like Thad Lewis or Josh Johnson.