Seattle #1 in DVOA...again

253hawk

Reaction score
4 seasons in a row...never been done before. All four rank in the Top 10 all-time.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings

The first-ever DVOA Championship Game turned into a blowout to rival the worst early-'90s Super Bowls. In fact, thanks to the high opponent adjustments for playing Arizona, Seattle earned 115.7% DVOA for its Week 17 blowout victory, the best single-game DVOA rating of the entire year. That game made Seattle the clear No. 1 team for the entire year with 38.0% DVOA, ten percentage points ahead of the rest of the league. Arizona fell behind Cincinnati, which finishes No. 2 for the season at 27.9% DVOA.

Seattle's big win gives the Seahawks four straight seasons on top of our ratings, which no other team has ever done. It even launches the 2015 Seahawks into the all-time top ten, right behind the 2012 and 2013 Seahawks but ahead of the 2014 Seahawks.

The gap between Seattle and Cincinnati ends up as the fifth-highest gap in DVOA ever measured between the top two teams.

Laloosh

Reaction score
That avatar, is that a mood ring? I swear that's how I was walking at work today.

OP
OP
253hawk

253hawk

Reaction score
It's his pimp walk.

[youtube]v2RS9R7wzZQ[/youtube]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Relevant: Seahawks finished #1 in Weighted Offense and #3 in Weighted Defense. Just insane how far this team has come from the beginning of the year.

Also, we ran away with the overall ranking:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/684186190401134592[/tweet]

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like this tidbit:

"In fact, if the Seahawks win in Minnesota this week, the winner of the Seattle-Carolina divisional-round game goes on to win the Super Bowl 42.1 percent of the time."

So all we gotta do is beat Minny and the Panthers.

kearly

Reaction score
I really like that Seattle, if they beat MINNY, will face Carolina in the divisional round. Home teams do very well in the Conference Championship games, but are shockingly vulnerable in the Divisional round coming off their bye.

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
kearly":24r8epzu said:
I really like that Seattle, if they beat MINNY, will face Carolina in the divisional round. Home teams do very well in the Conference Championship games, but are shockingly vulnerable in the Divisional round coming off their bye.

True. But odds are that they'll spend the entire two weeks preparing for us.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
They have to prepare for Seattle, GB, and Washington. Very likely rooting for Minnesota but in their hearts they know we will be coming for them. It could be any one of them. All the while we could have some coaches as assistants starting to prepare for Carolina as they are our only possible opponent.

Polaris

Reaction score
Seahawks4eva":316jtz3k said:
kearly":316jtz3k said:

True. But odds are that they'll spend the entire two weeks preparing for us.

Probably, but almost to a team, teams that have first round byes come out flat in the divisional round which makes them vulnerable to the upset. Now in our case, Seattle was a good enough team especially at home, that it didn't matter (although the Seahawks were no exception to the rule about coming out of the bye flat). This is true of a lot of other teams as well (notably the Patriots). It's not as true generally and I doubt it will true for the Panthers.

Remember just two years ago (IIRC) the Panthers had the number two seed and came out as flat as a pancake against the 49ners that got beat up at Green Bay.