Take aways from week 13 game

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
I'm re-watching the previous game(really just the 1st half) to remind myself how things played out, and there's a few things that really stuck out.
1)Missed tackles by Minnesota-there was a lot of bad tackling that day. I don't know if we can count on that happening again.
2)Ridiculous number of pre-snap penalties on the offense. Really, really hope this doesn't pop up again.
3)Defense was fantastic on run-fits, completely shut down AP while the run was still part of their game plan.
4)Defense got great pressure rushing just 4, particularly Bennett and Frank Clark.
5)RW was great with his calm movements in the pocket, and made d-linemen look silly when chasing in 1v1.
6)Willson and Helfet were big weapons.
7)Bridgewater completed the majority of his passes, but nothing thrown past 5-10 yards...except the interception to ET.

I didn't see anything that makes me think the Hawks can't have a repeat performance. There was a lot of talk about the injuries to the Vikes' D(4 starters in particular), but those guys are still banged up so even if they are back, they're not at full speed yet. They might be able to play a little better than their replacements, but they won't be able to help out their offense too much which was absolutely dominated in this game. I

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ Shout if you want some plays GIFed. Just need timestamps.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wasn't there a deep middle ball to a wide open Lockett that Russell just slightly overthrew that game? I cant remember if it was that one, or maybe the Ravens game.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Dizzlepdx":38ql3wt1 said:
I'm re-watching the previous game(really just the 1st half) to remind myself how things played out, and there's a few things that really stuck out.
1)Missed tackles by Minnesota-there was a lot of bad tackling that day. I don't know if we can count on that happening again.
2)Ridiculous number of pre-snap penalties on the offense. Really, really hope this doesn't pop up again.
3)Defense was fantastic on run-fits, completely shut down AP while the run was still part of their game plan.
4)Defense got great pressure rushing just 4, particularly Bennett and Frank Clark.
5)RW was great with his calm movements in the pocket, and made d-linemen look silly when chasing in 1v1.
6)Willson and Helfet were big weapons.
7)Bridgewater completed the majority of his passes, but nothing thrown past 5-10 yards...except the interception to ET.

I didn't see anything that makes me think the Hawks can't have a repeat performance. There was a lot of talk about the injuries to the Vikes' D(4 starters in particular), but those guys are still banged up so even if they are back, they're not at full speed yet. They might be able to play a little better than their replacements, but they won't be able to help out their offense too much which was absolutely dominated in this game. I

1) Maybe. It's gonna be damned cold, and that might affect how well everyone in the game tackles.
2) This was a huge issue that if I recall correctly, kept/took points off the board for us. It needs to not happen again.
3) AP is not at his best; could well happen again this way.
4) They need to repeat this performance for us to really put this game away.
5) As long as he has the pocket he had during the win streak and against Arizona, he'll do it again.
6) Hopefully Chase whoziz will step up for injured Willson. He needs to.
7) This could be an issue for them this week too. Also the amount of dropped passes by Minnesota was a huge boon, which could be an issue in the cold next Sunday too.

There is nothing that says the 'Hawks can't dominate this next game. They just need to execute.

chris98251

Reaction score
We get the lead and they put the game in Bridgewaters hands again it will be the same result, AP was abandoned because they got behind, Vikings don't have the horses to play catch up unless they get very lucky with fluke plays and as we seen a return.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The Vikes execution was extremely lacking (missed tackles and dropped passes), I highly doubt we can count on that again. However, even without them completely screwing up we were still by far the better team that game and we match up very well to them in general.

I feel confident we can beat again but it'll probably be quite a bit closer than the week 13 game.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Overseasfan":2vv7cm3p said:
The Vikes execution was extremely lacking (missed tackles and dropped passes), I highly doubt we can count on that again. However, even without them completely screwing up we were still by far the better team that game and we match up very well to them in general.

I feel confident we can beat again but it'll probably be quite a bit closer than the week 13 game.

You think Teddy Bridgewater, in his first ever playoff game, will be accurate and efficient? In sub-freezing temperatures? Against the number one scoring defense in the league?

It'll probably be closer than the week 13 game, agreed, but I'd wager it'll be because of Adrian Peterson, not Teddy Bridgewater.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Our WRs are actually playing better than they were against Minn. Wilson has show it's not a fluke and the chemistry between him, Baldwin and Lockett has grown.

Minnesota doesn't match up well against our offense. They will have a better day against our run game, but they don't get great pressure with their front 4, and if they do, they honestly don't have really athletic linemen that can give Wilson trouble if he scrambles.

I'm just not sure how they're going to score enough to beat us. I can see us getting a minimum of 20 points on them, and I can't see how they score that on us.

byau

Reaction score
Good list

One reason the D was effective was the O was able to stay on the field. Will that be the case?

1) Patrick Lewis had problems snapping the ball in a wet field. This seemed to have a domino effect on the entire offense including Russell. How will he do in the cold of Minnesota?

2) Rant what you want about the commentators continuing to talk about the Minnesota defensive players that were out last game, it DOES make a difference. If they are getting their top 3 guys back, that will also hamper the offense.

On the flip side

1) Bailey AND Glowinski seemed to have good games against Arizona. I recall one of the first plays that Bailey just smacked down the guy in front of him and just stood over him like Ali vs Liston

2) In cold weather, running will be much more of a factor. Michael seems to have found himself AND Beast Mode is coming back.

3) In cold weather, as long as Patrick Lewis is snapping that ball okay, Russell's big big huge hands should still be able to handle the ball okay.

4) Besides the factor of our offense being able to extend drives, the D itself being able to stop the Minnesota offense: everything is still the same. They still got Bridgewater who didn't look that great against the Packers, and they still have a run-stopping D that held Adrian Peterson to..what was it? 20 or 30 yards? That is all still the same, so for the first quarter at least that can still happen. I definitely think Adrian will play a lot better wanting to erase the thought of being held to 30 yards, I still think our D can limit him to some extent.

It really is up to the Seattle offense to perform like it did last time in more brutal weather against a team getting three of their top defenders back.

I will be in the camp that this game won't look at all like the last game, it will definitely be closer, and I hate to look ahead as well, I think we win by 7 to 10 points with the key being. .. Patrick Lewis. And I think he comes ready. Similar to Adrian Peterson wanting to erase that last game against us, I gotta think Patrick Lewis wants to erase that game he had against the Rams.

OP
OP
Dizzlepdx

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1m81zsn9 said:
Dizzlepdx":1m81zsn9 said:

2) This was a huge issue that if I recall correctly, kept/took points off the board for us. It needs to not happen again.
Amazingly it didn't actually affect the scoring for the most part. Seemingly every time the offense converted. Just padding the stats apparently.

Hawk_Nation":1m81zsn9 said:
Wasn't there a deep middle ball to a wide open Lockett that Russell just slightly overthrew that game? I cant remember if it was that one, or maybe the Ravens game.

It wasn't in this game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawks46":1wx1j2b2 said:
Our WRs are actually playing better than they were against Minn. Wilson has show it's not a fluke and the chemistry between him, Baldwin and Lockett has grown.

Minnesota doesn't match up well against our offense. They will have a better day against our run game, but they don't get great pressure with their front 4, and if they do, they honestly don't have really athletic linemen that can give Wilson trouble if he scrambles.

I'm just not sure how they're going to score enough to beat us. I can see us getting a minimum of 20 points on them, and I can't see how they score that on us.

Pretty sure Barr and Griffen are plenty athletic enough to get to Wilson. Barr ran a 4.4 40, and Griffen ran a 4.46 40 but ive seen Wilson outjuke and outmove everyone so meh. Hunter also ran a 4.57 at the combine this past year too.