Is anyone else concerned about the hype?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Does this sound like a trap game to anyone else?

I seem to remember in 2010 circumstances dealt the defending NFC champs a wildcard, and they had to travel to an underdog who no one gave a snowball's chance. Of course that underdog ended up winning with a little help from their star running back. I'm sure you've seen the highlights.

The hype around this matchup against Minnesota feels ominously familiar.

2_0_6

Reaction score
What hype?

The pressure is on Carolina, Arizona as always for the #1 & 2 seeds.

Also Green Bay (more McCarthy) for their recent struggles.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I feel like it might actually be a good thing. If we had been blown out by the Cards or maybe if we won while looking a bit meh then the confidence wouldn't be all that high going into the match against the Vikes. It's not like anyone is thinking we'll win with two fingers up our own arse.

Not to mention we're still not the absolute favorites for the Superbowl. The Panthers and Cards (somehow even after week 17) are still more favored than us to even make it there as the NFC representative. Being able to feel like we can beat everybody, yet still not being the favorite in all match-ups is probably the best case mindset we can ask for.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3uhxp342 said:
Maybe if it was 2012

Thats funny, my dad before the cards game was saying even if we lose no big deal as the year we won the superbowl we were 7 and 9. I had to break it to him that that was not correct.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":vh70v7oq said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":vh70v7oq said:
[youtube]foD3dkZR3fI[/youtube]

Because you can never get too much BEASTQUAKE!

GET OFF ME HE SAYS!

Man, there are times when I really miss Hasslebeck. Not that I'd prefer him over russell, but just that he provided so many really memorable moments and was/is a Seahawk through and through. Really hope we do a one-day contract thing so he can retire a 'Hawk.
Huh? Imo Russell has already provided more memorable moments than Hasselbeck.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3o38n52z said:
I feel like it might actually be a good thing. If we had been blown out by the Cards or maybe if we won while looking a bit meh then the confidence wouldn't be all that high going into the match against the Vikes. It's not like anyone is thinking we'll win with two fingers up our own arse.

Not to mention we're still not the absolute favorites for the Superbowl. The Panthers and Cards (somehow even after week 17) are still more favored than us to even make it there as the NFC representative. Being able to feel like we can beat everybody, yet still not being the favorite in all match-ups is probably the best case mindset we can ask for.

Carolina and the cards have to be favored strictly due the the math. Until we win the next game we play 3 games and they play 2. Even if you factor in our favorable odds to win vs the vikes, the probability math still puts us behind as you have to factor another game. Once it is a level playing field as far as number of games, then actual statistics and matchups come into play and our odds go way up. They both have home field against us so they will still be slightly favored, but it is much closer.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":zg4vebnv said:
peachesenregalia":zg4vebnv said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":zg4vebnv said:

GET OFF ME HE SAYS!

Man, there are times when I really miss Hasslebeck. Not that I'd prefer him over russell, but just that he provided so many really memorable moments and was/is a Seahawk through and through. Really hope we do a one-day contract thing so he can retire a 'Hawk.

Prefer Russ in every way except in an interview. Hass is a pretty funny and witty guy. Better than RoboRuss anyway.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":ccm5e0up said:
Tech Worlds":ccm5e0up said:
peachesenregalia":ccm5e0up said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":ccm5e0up said:

GET OFF ME HE SAYS!

Prefer Russ in every way except in an interview. Hass is a pretty funny and witty guy. Better than RoboRuss anyway.
True, true

sutz

Reaction score
The bulk of this team has been to two consecutive Superb Owls. Hype? What hype?

We got this. ;)

Boycie

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":28gyrrml said:
peachesenregalia":28gyrrml said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":28gyrrml said:

GET OFF ME HE SAYS!

"We want the ball, and we're gonna score!" Man that would have been epic if we pulled it off at Lambeau.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3kdtylov said:

Agreed. Loved Hasselbeck but there's really no comparison to what Russell can do on the field, and has done already for us, but for an interview Hass wins hands down.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Don't our players thrive on the hype?.......at least on the defensive side of the ball.

Pete said it yesterday, this team is finally focuses, hungry and ready to roll. I have no reason to think otherwise.

Hawks46

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1zc291o2 said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":1zc291o2 said:

GET OFF ME HE SAYS!

Gotta love Hass. He was a way better interview than Russell is though. Still take Russell the player any day.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1p7xubd0 said:
Tech Worlds":1p7xubd0 said:
peachesenregalia":1p7xubd0 said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":1p7xubd0 said:

GET OFF ME HE SAYS!

Oh, he has. I wasn't comparing the two at all, just saying that I miss Hass sometimes. He just sort of encapsulated that whole decade of the Seahawks. All of the ups and the downs, the kind of upstart-ness that we seemed to have back then.

Nah, Super Runt wins in the overall feel-good......It's that Quiet Riot that you know is going on inside RW...Saying less & Doing more, if you know what I mean. ;)

kearly

Reaction score
Only way I could see Seattle losing this game is if it follows a Super Bowl XL type formula (see week 16 vs. Rams). But barring a huge dose of bad calls and general weirdness, Wilson will likely continue to dominate.

AP and Bridgewater struggle against our D. And Minny isn't built to win shootouts.

ava

Reaction score
rideaducati":3943kqxz said:
I bet the cards are concerned.

As a Card fan I am! Then again I am a coward and am frightened each and every Sunday! But I read a whole lot of Cardinal stuff and I don't think the players are a bit concerned. They are so supremely confident. BA coaches them that way. Love him or hate him he makes the players believe in themselves and this is a team with a bond and a whole lot of brotherly love and determination. As a fan I am confident about the divisional round sort of. I mean as much as I can be. I think we get the Skins (my brothers team..heh heh heh) and I think we beat them. I am a lot less confident about the NFC championship. Assuming we make it and we are playing the Seahawks. What a rematch. I think you are going to get a very different and very motivated team so do not underestimate. As the pundits keep saying the Cards are uniquely "balanced". I can say if the Hawks win I will be okay with that and happy for them and you! It would be amazing. I would feel good knowing we made it to the Superb Owl (love that phrase). Me thinks my new friends here will be happy with nothing less that a Superb Owl win.