We are going to blow the Vikings out again

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im not worried. Im actually looking past them and the Panthers.....we are Super Bowl bound.

RussB

Reaction score
Agreed, but thats if we successfully stop AP again, without AP's running Vikings become predictable and Teddy starts making mistakes.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bennett and Hill can dictate this game. Minny's OLine is atrocious, especially up the A Gaps.

marko358

Reaction score
Frank Clark will beast in this game like he did last time against them.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As long as Zimmer doesn't change into a purple hat and visor at halftime, I'm not worried.

- bsd

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Luckily for us, the players won't have this attitude. But if we play like we have for the past 7 weeks, we should be alright

kf3339

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":32bzv763 said:
Luckily for us, the players won't have this attitude. But if we play like we have for the past 7 weeks, we should be alright

Agreed. they shouldn't be looking past anyone at this point in the season. The Rams game is a recent case in point.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I've been saying that we will be playing in Santa Clara in February all year and I'm not going to stop now. I sure would love to see us have the same game against the Vikings as last time.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I think it's fine for us to look past them. As long as the team doesn't.

Polaris

Reaction score
I am not looking past the Vikings. They are a *good* team and any given Sunday applies especially in the playoffs. That said, I wasn't all that worried about the game or impressed by the Vikings the first time we faced them, and I've seen nothing since to change my mind now.

Gametime

Reaction score
Honestly, here is my take.

1) Playoff inexperience will be on display for the Vikings and they will likely play conservative "tight" football to start on offense. I really hope we win the toss and start on Defense. Their defense is hungrier to show that the injuries last time were an issue and that they are legit. The Vikings offense, however, will not be so "up" in the beginning. This will lead to running a lot (partially due to planning and partly due to show AP that the first round and his 8 carries was an anomaly) but the Hawks will sell out to stop the run. Lots of short yardage, ball out quick, 3rd and 5's - 6's.

2) On the other side, the Hawks have been there and are hungry for this run after the way the SB ended. They will be flying around, rallying to the ball, hitting, and playing nasty, physical football. **Our worst plays will be penalties from the excitement and the official's attempts to control the game.

3) Once the lead is established, EXACTLY what happened last time will start again. They will have to move away from the running game due to the lead and Teddy ain't ready in my opinion. Against GB he threw high, long, and off a lot before settling down the 2nd half. This game is it for the season though and the pressure will be HUGE in front of a home crowd. You will see the nerves in many of his throws and his facial / body language. Just watch. A few passes may be completed but there are a minimum of 2 picks out there for the taking.

4) Once the first TO happens and Russ does what he did against the Cards mid-way through the 2nd quarter, the game will be begin to spiral and they will get desperate. Long throws are attempted with no success. Body language gets worse as they realize they are completely out matched and the game will be on cruise control.

Game ends with T. Jack against his former team.

I just do not see any way for the Vikings to stop this progression and nothing they did against GB gave me any reason to think otherwise.

If we hold onto the ball and convert 3rd downs the Vikings have a 0.0% chance of winning. Period.

Mick063

Reaction score
I agree with the OP.

Vikings will get smoked. Offensively, they will not score more than 10. Any points above that must come from their other units. Offensively, Seattle will not score less than 21. Special teams and defense might lead to 14-21 more (ie. put the offense in great field position or outright score themselves) .

In other words, I'm looking at a score of 35 - 10.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
To those who say the Hawks shouldn't look past the Vikes:

Of course they shouldn't.

But it's rather silly to suggest a PC-led team would ever have the possibility. After listening long enough to their pressers, Hawk cliches become more than that--they become philosophy. Every week is championship football. Every week is 1&0. Every week they prepare ONLY their next opponent. There may be a lower tier coaches told to begin scouting the next opponent, but it won't be Pete, the O and D coaches, or the players. There is only one task this week: to prepare to win in Minnesota.

And they will do so.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know if it will be a blowout, but I do think that if it's a 'normal' game that Seattle would win probably 95 out of 100. The matchups are all in Seattle's favor and Bridgewater is making his first playoff start. Bridgewater is closer in his play to Christian Ponder than he is to an elite QB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BullHawk33":396i10e0 said:
I've been saying that we will be playing in Santa Clara in February all year and I'm not going to stop now. I sure would love to see us have the same game against the Vikings as last time.
Ah, the sweet sound of getting booed by SF fans, as AZ fans did last year! Just short of the ultimate form of flattery. Gotta win it this time.

mort

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2ztkxan4 said:
To those who say the Hawks shouldn't look past the Vikes:

Of course they shouldn't.

But it's rather silly to suggest a PC-led team would ever have the possibility. After listening long enough to their pressers, Hawk cliches become more than that--they become philosophy. Every week is championship football. Every week is 1&0. Every week they prepare ONLY their next opponent. There may be a lower tier coaches told to begin scouting the next opponent, but it won't be Pete, the O and D coaches, or the players. There is only one task this week: to prepare to win in Minnesota.

And they will do so.
preach it brother - I totally concur - 1 and 0 this week - so let it be written
GO HAWKS!

StoneCold

Reaction score
St Louis....

The only way we lose is if we fumble our way around in this game. Which we are capable of.

There will be a cold, hard ball in this game.

I think many here should be more afraid.

Personally, I like watching when I'm skeered. And I'm skeered. Going to be a fun game.