What's with the scatalogical celebrations?

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Do Sherm and Baldwin really have to embarrass themselves and the franchise with these childish shenanigans? Why do they have to pretend to make stinky on national TV? Is this the equivalent of some kind of secret handshake in their frat house at Stanford?

At the risk of sounding like the old man I am rapidly becoming, I am disappointed in those youngsters. They seem like better and smarter men than that. At least Beastmode ' s crotch grab is funny. Pretending to fire the chocolate torpedoes is just gross.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Poop awareness is real and they got you talking about it that is the first step.

RussB

Reaction score
DIdnt sherman say he was trying to show Brown hes sitting on the bench.?

Russell4Prez

Reaction score
I don't understand why this is so much worse than the crotch grab. Why does everyone giver Marshawn a free pass on that and then jump on Baldwin and Sherman?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RussB":36w58k01 said:
DIdnt sherman say he was trying to show Brown hes sitting on the bench.?
Maybe he was making a statement about the guy's last name.

Sherm : Here is what Brown did for me.

OP
OP
Thunderhawk

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Not giving Marshawn a free pass, but I think Poopgate is worse.

Nothing will ever top John Randle's faux urination to "mark his territory" in terms of pure vileness. That was special.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My understanding is that Sherman was gesturing to Palmer in regards to something about sitting on the bench. Not sure why you would pretend to pull your pants down before sitting on the bench but whatever. I'm with the OP. It's childish and boorish IMO. I do believe Baldwin apologized for his act in XLIX and I believe he won't do that again.

As for the infamous crotch grab(s) by Lynch, for some reason - and yes I get that this makes me a hypocrite after stating the above - it just doesn't hit me as offensive as I guess it should. I get that some could even argue it's more obscene and inappropriate (especially for all the young fans watching) but for some reason "I ain't mad at it". Maybe because it was such an exclamation mark on two of the most bad ass running plays I've ever seen in my entire life.

I think for me, the "Faux Dumps" are childish where the "Crotch Grab" is such a mic drop move after the best running plays I've ever seen it doesn't have the same feel to me. It's definitely open to debate and at the end of the day I would be happy if all of our scores and big plays ended with ball spikes or just simple celebrations with teammates and moving on.

YEGHawkfan

Reaction score
Watch Sherman's post game press conference. He talks about how John Brown made comments in the off season that Sherman couldn't cover him. Sherman felt disrespected and his actions were referencing how its hard for Sherman to cover Brown when Brown was sitting on the bench.
After the flag was thrown and the referee explained why, Sherman started laughing as he realized what it looked like. If you watch the game again you can also see Sherman explaining it to Pete a few minutes later and Pete getting a big grin on his face when he realized what happened.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3l9gn8uh said:
Do Sherm and Baldwin really have to embarrass themselves and the franchise with these childish shenanigans? Why do they have to pretend to make stinky on national TV? Is this the equivalent of some kind of secret handshake in their frat house at Stanford?

At the risk of sounding like the old man I am rapidly becoming, I am disappointed in those youngsters. They seem like better and smarter men than that. At least Beastmode ' s crotch grab is funny. Pretending to fire the chocolate torpedoes is just gross.

I can tell that you're really conservative about bodily functions by the way you describe defecation as 'making stinky' and 'firing the chocolate torpedoes.'

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Meh. He doesn't really "pull his pants down." His arms are extended out like he's going to sit on a bench. And then he points to Brown who's on the bench. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me, though I can see why it was construed a different way.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/whoisjoserivera/status/683797638332850176[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":ad58m9v1 said:

What do you got against pooping? Pooping makes you feel better! :th2thumbs:

JPatera76

Reaction score
Idc what sherm does. One thing he had that game thats looked to be missing all season was his swagger and cockiness. And i loved seeing it back and him being him.

Rob12

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1sl2j3b5 said:

I'm with you. Dropping fake deuces isn't really my idea of a good time... Maybe it's just me.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ez06j1mp said:
Meh. He doesn't really "pull his pants down." His arms are extended out like he's going to sit on a bench. And then he points to Brown who's on the bench. Seems like a reasonable explanation to me, though I can see why it was construed a different way.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/whoisjoserivera/status/683797638332850176[/tweet]

Agreed. That was a "riding the pine" gesture.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Meh, and I guess the "get offended by everything trend" didn't end with 2015.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
I would buy the idea that he was making a sitting down, or take a seat motion. Looks close enough to me.