Seahawks finish #1 in DVOA for 2015

Munzter

Reaction score
:2: everyone,

Towards the middle of the season much doom and gloom abounded on these forums regarding the trajectory the Hawks were on.

I came bringing a beacon of hope for the season, using the Hawks' DVOA standings as reason to stay optimistic that the season would turn out better than most expected (see thread here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118325&p=1756278#p1756278).

Turns out things worked out, with the Hawks finishing 10-6, clinching a play off berth, and smashing the Cards to finish the season.

For those of you who haven't read up on the stats for the team this season, I wanted to share with you some of the historic milestones they set.

The Seahawks finished #1 in DVOA for the 4th consecutive season. No other team has ever done this since they began recording these stats. (See http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-r ... oa-ratings). This is a very efficient, well balanced team.

Russell Wilson had a historic year:
  • 4024 Passing Yards (Seahawks Record)
    34 Touchdowns (Seahawks Record)
    110.1 Passer Rating (Seahawks Record, 1st in the League, 15th Best of All Time)
    First quarterback in NFL History to record 34 passing touchdowns, 553 rushing yards and 4,024 passing yards
He's elite and worth every penny, no question about it. Plus he's only 27 and will continue to grow (First quarterback with 5 rings anyone?)

Doug Baldwin had a historic year:
  • 14 Touchdowns (Seahawks Record)
    78 of 80 Catchable Passes Caught (2nd Lowest Drop Rate in NFL this year)
    78 Receptions out of 99 Targets (2nd in NFL)
And who can forget the Hawks' defense:
  • 17.3 Points Allowed Per Game (1st in the League, 4th Consecutive Year of Leading the League in this stat, 1st time this has been accomplished in the Super Bowl era)
    81.5 Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game (1st in NFL this year)
    210.2 Passing Yards Allowed Per Game (2nd in NFL this year)
The 2012 to 2015 Seahawks are a team that will live in NFL infamy. People will be talking about this team 30 years from now.

It is now on to the playoffs. My only goal for this season was that the Seahawks stayed competitive and made the playoffs. They have done this.

We can't expect them to make or win the Super Bowl ever year (I'm thinking they have as good a chance this year as any they've had since 2012 though), so just soak it up and bask in the glow of Seahawks goodness while we have this historic team, regardless of how deep they make it in to the playoffs.
:179417:
Cheers! :thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts