To All The Nervous Nellies and Sky Fallers

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, I thought it would go without saying but based on the comments I've been reading lately it appears that there is a sizable number of you who apparently think that what we think, say or feel on a message forum will somehow negatively impact the player's capabilities and performance on gameday. Guess what?

IT DOESN'T.

So what if we are having some fun at the Vikings expense? It really doesn't matter if I think we are going to blow the doors off of the Vikings 150 to 2 or if I think we are going to get our asses kicked. Neither outcome is likely. It's an age-old tradition for fans to think whatever they want to think, say whatever they want to say and not a nano ounce of it matters as to what occurs on the field.

There's no jinx that exists because of fan bravado. What is to be, is to be. It's just more fun when you know you're team has a very good chance of winning a game. It doesn't make it so, but the odds certainly are in your favor.

So relax already! Enjoy in the harmless banter, pontificating and chest-bumping (and potential arse-eating).

None of it will have any effect on what is to come.

:les:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Should pretty much be the mission statement and signed agreement of posting on this board.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Listen, some of us are more superstitious than others.

Of course nothing we say, good or bad matters to the outcome of games. But I do get uncomfortable seeing overconfidence.

Like it or not Aros, superstition is part of sports...............for players and fans. Logical? No, but it's real man! *puts rally cap on backwards and inside out, swings dead cat over head and punches wife for saying this game's over at halftime*

Vikes45

Reaction score
Well said, this is just in fun I agree.

I miss the old scout system where we could easily jump between each other's boards. I actually registered just for this game because I miss playoff football and getting the opinions of the enemy fanbase.

Nothing but fun for me. We all live and die with our teams.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":30t04o44 said:
So long as Russell Wilson is our QB, I will always believe we're going to win..

This!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I, for one, understand that each and every one of my words on the Internet are carefully scrutinized by Coach Carroll and the crew in their super secret "Taking the Temperature of the Fans Friday" meetings, held weekly inside a bubble dome-like lair under Lake Washington, and presided over by Paul Allen himself.

But as far as the rest of you's guys' opinions go, Todd is pretty spot on.

Vikes45":3ruuz6j4 said:

I miss the old scout system where we could easily jump between each other's boards. I actually registered just for this game because I miss playoff football and getting the opinions of the enemy fanbase.

Hope you stick around a bit here. We like to have a few level-headed, non-chucklehead opposing fans posting here. It provides other perspectives as you mentioned, and helps to put a few cracks in the echo chamber this place can become without such views.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
THere is NO way the Vikings and Teddy "two Gloves" can stay with us. You think maybe they changed since we kicked their ass a month ago??????

Just hoping no injuries

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":39sjy0rq said:
Agree with what you're saying Aros. The only superstition that is actually not one because it works are the wolf grey unis.

Another thing I would hope goes without saying. ;)

minormillikin

Reaction score
Everyone here needs to stop looking past the Vikings. Don't talk about Carolina, or the super bowl. 100% focus on the upcoming game in Minneapolis. Project this energy toward the team, coaches, enemy team, hot dog vendors, refs, etc.

If we lose on Sunday, it's because we, the fans, didn't want it bad enough.

Also, this reminder:
If you see anything purple, you must burn it to ashes. If this is not done and the Seahawks lose, it is your fault.

/satirical rant

Ambrose83

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":28e513i1 said:
So long as Russell Wilson is our QB, I will always believe we're going to win..

WHAT HE SAID.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Are you really, I mean really saying that the audience clapping is not what saved Tinker Bell? Blasphemy! I don't believe it and will stay skeered.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Say it ain't so, Aros!

I hope this doesn't include our fashion superstitions.
My special Seahawk undies have done the team well, for years! If I wash them now, I know it'll jinx us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Vikes45":bu8byfgc said:

But are you flying Delta airlines ever again ? :twisted:

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1gntxiwd said:
Say it ain't so, Aros!

I hope this doesn't include our fashion superstitions.
My special Seahawk undies have done the team well, for years! If I wash them now, I know it'll jinx us.

Where the hell was your thong during the panther game. That douche should never beat the Hawks.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My confidence is sky high for this game and that's when we seem to come a cropper.