Apparently Pete looks at DVOA too

Laloosh

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/685588599908233216[/tweet]

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I imagine Pete like it more simply for the fact that it has crowned the Seahawks as the best team for 4 years straight.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete looks at pretty much everything. He will be the first to say he doesn't always understand all the ins and outs of things like exactly how the BCS polls worked or how DVOA is calculated, but he pays attention and will have someone on staff who does understand.

I listened earlier today to a good podcast with Bud Grant's son, Mike. He and the host talked about Pete and he mentioned that Pete is a great listener and gives his full attention when he talks to someone (which I can confirm from brief, firsthand experience). He also said Pete is very curious and always wanting to learn and improve.

Bud Grant actually wanted Minny to hire Pete instead of Dennis Green back in '92, but the org wanted someone with previous head coaching experience. According to Mike, his dad and Pete still talk on the phone all the time.

I know Pete also used to call his high school coach during warm ups before every game.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me at all that Pete is aware of DVOA.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":1el9b7em said:
Pete looks at pretty much everything. He will be the first to say he doesn't always understand all the ins and outs of things like exactly how the BCS polls worked or how DVOA is calculated, but he pays attention and will have someone on staff who does understand.

I listened earlier today to a good podcast with Bud Grant's son, Mike. He and the host talked about Pete and he mentioned that Pete is a great listener and gives his full attention when he talks to someone (which I can confirm from brief, firsthand experience). He also said Pete is very curious and always wanting to learn and improve.

Bud Grant actually wanted Minny to hire Pete instead of Dennis Green back in '92, but the org wanted someone with previous head coaching experience. According to Mike, his dad and Pete still talk on the phone all the time.

I know Pete also used to call his high school coach during warm ups before every game.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me at all that Pete is aware of DVOA.

Cool insight stuff there buddy